[LOOKING FOR INPUT] Tutorial Ideas

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by IcecreamCow, Feb 25, 2013.

1. We should absolutely include another secret tutorial viewing area like the last one.
  2. In at least on of the "wrong answer" areas, a charged creeper should spawn and blow them up. Maybe in an obsidian room so the room isn't damaged.

And I still support the idea of them getting an "EMC Rule Book" at the beginning of the turorial, although it may make them less likely to discover the website and the awesome forums--which are what really separates us from probably any other Minecraft server and makes us a true community.
    Lasluin likes this.
  3. Maybe do an original runescape styled tutorial. You walk through a series of rooms telling you how to do things and the rules.
  4. lol, it's a trick question, you know, they are all important.
  5. well i know that now lol but im the litteral minded type so i was like which one..... read through the whole guide twice to figure it out they could even just change the guide to say all the rules are equally important at the bottom
  6. Never said it was going to be shorter... :p It will def be longer, but more "fun".
    Lasluin likes this.
  7. hmmm interesting adventure map leading to hidden chests that give you nice items or bonus items, follow the path kind of thing that you answer the rule / guide question and get the bonus if you get it right the first time.
  8. would/should players be able to visit the tutorial map? liek guides i guess?
  9. Not a good idea. :/ One of the problems we have right now is - player one joins and lands in the tutorial, player 2 (his mate) is on Skype with him and shows him the way through the guide - so not only does it need to be attractive but they need to learn and not come out with "how do I claim a residence?" :)
  10. Make games!
  11. yeah you are right, im just the helpful type and would enjoy chillin in the tutorial when im not doing anything and answering some questions if i can before they are released into the world
    AlexChance likes this.
  12. Also, any chance of an "autoclaim residence" button right at the end of the tutorial, that automatically gives the person a random residence before they even leave the tutorial.

Obviously have it as an optional thing, so alts/friends can still get reses close together - but hopefully it would cut down on "HOW DU 1 CLAM A PL0T!?!?!?!" type messages.
    jkjkjk182 and B4DMAN5IMON like this.