Looking for earbuds

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by 607, Sep 1, 2021.

1. Okay.
    Well, no, not okay, not at all.
    I decided to just buy the earbuds that looked best, and hope that I can be content with them, knowing that they will have worse quality than the earbuds that I currently use. However, most web stores don't even have an earbuds category, and don't allow to filter on it either, and the only one that does only has Apple Earpods, and I'd rather not get an Apple product if I can avoid it. I also don't like the look of them at all, and I don't like that they don't use cushions.
  2. I bought Happy Plugs old stock. They only sell wired earbuds nowadays, apparently, and for rather high prices.
    The sound is surprisingly good. I have one issue: they have four pins, because they have a microphone, and my phone doesn't accept that. It works when I hold the button that's on it pressed, and it also works when I don't put the connector in all the way. Both are far from ideal solutions, though.
  3. Gen 3 AirPods are calling your name
    Stnywitness likes this.
  4. They... seem to be wireless? And way too expensive, woah. :p That's just a marketing thing, right? Surely earbuds can't be worth anywhere near that much?
  5. I found out why the earbuds with microphone don't work well on my phone: the present-day standard has mic on the bottom and ground above it, Nokia headsets have ground on the bottom (like on headphones without a microphone) and mic above that.
    I bought a splitter to solve the problem. I might visit my uncle to try to get the microphone cable off, as I don't need it, and it looks very extra.

The earbuds fall out quite easily. I wonder if it would be possible to use cushions with this shape of earbud (with the speaker on the side rather than on the front). I tried to put an old one on, but it teared.
  6. Huh, I didn't know you used a laptop! :eek: