[Live Stream] Empires in Development!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JackBiggin, Apr 22, 2017.

1. What about empire sections. Like areas were people can't build or build..?
  2. That is Outposts, to come after Empires.
    ThaKloned, 607 and finch_rocks_1 like this.
  3. So it will work if you have a protected area, and say you wan a build inside that area to be protected like town roads in town world... As well as the plots as if you are in town? Or is it more branches off the main empire (Where the spawn is).
  4. *gets all excited*

Aikar is offline.
  5. Will people be limited to being a member of just one Empire at a time, or can they be members of multiple?
  6. Hey, that's a very good question. I'm wondering, too!
    ChespinLover77 and JohnKid like this.
  7. Thanks :eek:
  8. Is it out yet? :D
  9. Yes but you have to slay the dragon in his tomb. ;)
    OhBoy3AM, JohnKid and NuclearBobomb like this.
  10. When will it be out is the question: P

11. Do empires get a custom XP system? :eek:
    ChespinLover77 likes this.
  12. So is this new update allowing players to be a part of a guild or "empires", basically? I'm a little confused, :p But it sounds fun!
  13. Oh so in 6.426 years?
  14. Yes.

Empires will earn XP, and obtain levels. The levels will play into things such as "Upgrading" the Empire and unlocking higher limits, and into paying for "Empire Perks" such as empire wide XP Bonus, Mining Speed bonus, etc.

But implementing things like perks are likely to come down later, but I need some of the infrastructure in place to play into how upgrades work.

And it will establish a strong sense of duty when Empires is released for everyone to work towards building their Empires strength (while we then work towards Outposts)
  15. Popping in to say this all sounds super neato.

Will have to actually go into the Frontier and make a base for once. It's about time to move out of a dingy cobblestone vault on my residence anyway.
    607 likes this.
  16. Note on the dev tracker. I'm trying to properly flush this thing out and document every idea in my head into tickets so they wont be forgotten.

However, not EVERY ticket has to be finished before we release. I have some core ideas I know I need done, and some of the side details need to be done to play into them, but stuff like 'XP Gain/Dig Speed' perks will not be in the initial release, but there will be a ticket for them.

But goal is a solid really big feature when released.
  17. Have you come up with the eta of the initial claim size and then the size for each expansion?

Also any way to detect if someone else owns the land or? If you get what I mean....
    FadedMartian, ThaKloned and We3_MPO like this.
  18. I cant wait for this update!
    Nickblockmaster likes this.
  19. I refuse to believe this. Its one of Aikar's things-that-never-happened, and its right next to "Destroying the Economy"...
    607 likes this.
  20. Hey Aikar, is the idea fleshed out enough that you can get more in-depth on how the system of Empires works? Like, how do we gain XP and all that fun stuff?