[Live Stream] Empires in Development!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JackBiggin, Apr 22, 2017.

1. I seriously doubt EMC will end up adopting any aspect of faction server because the reason we're all here (well, a lot of us) is because it's a refuge from all the idiocies of factions such as the one you described :)
    Doorfne, ForeverMaster and 607 like this.

2. Claiming land will require "payment".

I'm back live streaming now. Empires will have A LOT of design put into them into group effort to "Grow" the empire.
    "Empire EXP", "Empire Level", a "Bank" for members to assist in paying for stuff (rupees/tokens - NOTE: Not a "Storage" bank, a bank you never get it back from!)

Members will pool resources towards purchasing land, and the initial "HQ" of an Outpost will have a higher cost than expansion.
    Additionally, their will be rules against being too close to spawns as we have today (but they will be lighter than we have currently) and also restrictions on how close you are to another Empire's HQ.

Plus, we just added another ring of outposts to the Frontier, and will be adding 2 more rings over the next 2 major version updates...

There will be soooooooo much room there will be no reason to park on top of each other.

combined with teleporting, it's better for you to go out far and ensure room for growth and no conflict.
  3. sounds awesome
    607 likes this.
  4. Tokens or rupees?
  5. I've gathered 300k and counting tokens to spend on empires, so,

ChespinLover77 and AncientTower like this.
  6. I know the feeling. I want the claiming to be with tokens too.
    We3_MPO and PetezzaDawg like this.
  7. I thought it was mentioned before that it would be tokens.

Also curious how this will all work for those who have private outposts for just themselves, no members. Will they still get all the same benefits?
    We3_MPO, Nickblockmaster and 607 like this.
  8. I'm hoping so, maybe you just need to add an alt to the outpost list to make it an Empire.
    jossytheninja likes this.
  9. Hope so lol I have 2 outposts (or will). 1 would be public and the other personal. Of course this is all dependent on getting interested in MC again :D
    607 and AncientTower like this.
  10. Sounds great!

Will empires have any kind of role in town as well?

For example, could an empire run a shop, with rupees going into its bank?

I appreciate that it's a concept for the wild, which needs the feature more, but was just wondering if that's an potential future addition.

Also, will the teleportation be done via a teleport command, or would it be via walking through a portal on a residence? I just ask, because I feel like sometimes the only 'purposes' for a residence are having a shop on it and storage. In light of this, it would be nice to have another use for the residence. For example, as well as building a good looking shop on your res, you could have a large imposing portal to your empire's outpost.

I wonder therefore if adding a tp command is a bit of a missed opportunity to add a bit more to town as well, other than just the economy. Of course we would all just use the chat command if there was one available!
    607 likes this.
  11. Will the teleporting be free or require payment of some sort?
  12. Yes but if you did that people could simply walk into your outpost, I'm not saying that's a bad thing in all cases but I'd definitely prefer the chat command, I like to keep my outpost limited to a select few people. This is a nice idea for those of you who don't mind random people visiting, though.
    crystaldragon13 likes this.
  13. Can't you set up doors with access signs on your res though, if you want it to be a private outpost?
  14. Yeah but a chat command is also nice :p
    Stieltjes likes this.
  15. Fair enough! :p
  16. Ok lets clear up some confusion.
    there are 2 updates to come - Empires and Outposts.
    Empires = "Guild" like system affiliation of players. This current work DOES NOT INCLUDE LAND CLAIMING
    Outposts = The actual land claiming portion of the work - this is the next MAJOR feature after Empires.

-------------
    To answer some questions (I will answer things about Outposts that I've decided on):

Q: Will tokens be used for Outposts?
    A: Yes, it will be the primary currency. Rupees will be needed some too, but biased towards Tokens.

Q: Will Empires play a role in Town?
    A: Yes. Empire's are a large Empire wide feature. There will be utilities to help group up with your friends, information sharing, statistics, goals, etc.

You will be able to assign Residence permissions to everyone in your Empire.

Q: Teleporting from Town to Outpost - Access Control
    A: A sign based teleport for nether portals and such can work good. There will be a Residence flag to control who has permission to teleport from Town to your OP. So command vs Portal does not matter.

Q: Will Teleporting require a payment?
    A: Likely, don't know yet.

Q: THE ECONOMYYYYY - THE FARMS!!!!!
    A: See: Wastelands. See: Mass Farmed items are already worthless.
    Non mass farmed items won't be any easier to mass collect than the wastelands already provides.
    And Mass farmed items are not worth much anyways. There's too much supply as is...
    How many mass farmers sell out of their stock? If you're not running out of stock, then bringing more to town doesn't help you anyways.

Q: Empire Shops / income going to bank
    A: This is actually a great idea. We can do it like putting on first line @empire, and then every thin you sell goes into your contributions to the Bank.
    This works nicely for Empires where they don't care to play much in the economy, but want to sell their goods to generate rupees for their Empire to pay for expansions.

Q: Wasn't asked, but going to state, Anti Grief?
    A: Yes, Empires will be yet another 'chain of trust' for Anti Grief.
    crystaldragon13, 607, mba2012 and 7 others like this.
  17. I would love the ability to create end portals where the frames cost Amount of tokens. and when you leave the end it teleports you back to the outpost instead of spawn

or for the cost of 1million tokens you can build a portal to a op that is free without a teleport fee
  18. Rainbow chin bossbar :p
  19. How would one make a guild? :eek:
  20. /emp create GeckoSociety GKS
    /emp add GKS friend

I think that is how
    ChespinLover77 likes this.