light problems

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Be6Ja1min, Apr 28, 2020.

1. I don't know if this problem has been reported but at least on my client half of the time there is light but it appears that it is dark. I just wanted to report this glitch. I don't know if its just 1.15 or it is because a server glitch but is also see this on survival single player so im assuming its a mojang glitch.

thank you for listening!
    607 likes this.
  2. This happens to everyone. Aikar has already stated that he is not going to fix this issue, because it's on Mojang's side, and fixing it would require a complete re-engineering of Mojang's lighting system.

EDIT: found the exact chat logs where he says this.
    Code:
    [26-04-20 20:16:17] C-1 willies952002: and there's the lighting bug...
    [some other messages...]
    [26-04-20 20:17:38] C * Aikar: and willies im not fixing mojangs light engine. your gonna have to live with it until they do
    [26-04-20 20:17:44] C * Aikar: that code is a nightmare
    [...]
    [26-04-20 20:17:58] C-1 willies952002: could it possibly be related to UserUtil.teleportAsync?
    [...]
    [26-04-20 20:18:01] C * Aikar: not touching it with a 100ft poll [sic]
    [...]
    [26-04-20 20:18:17] C * Aikar: what? our code has nothing to do with light data
    UltiPig, BennyLikesBelts and 607 like this.
  3. I'm not sure if this is the same lighting bug we're talking about, but if it is, it has happened since before Aikar was even an admin... :p
    BennyLikesBelts and 607 like this.
  4. I believe the lighting glitch he's referring to is the growing ever-common glitch with teleporting to a location, and part (if not all) of the area you've teleported to being pitch black. It happens to me every other time I teleport to a location.

A quick fix I've found is to teleport to another location and teleport back, but if that doesn't work, switching SMPs and going back hasn't failed me yet. ;)
  5. Ah, I see. My residence isn't well lit anyways so I don't really notice that bug. :p
    607 and wafflecoffee like this.
  6. I have weird lighting on my res all of the time. In fact, sometimes, u can see a weird geometrical shape on the grass (the light makes the weird shape). I have no idea what causes it. it is actually kind of cool, lol