Life Hacks Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by ww2fan168, Oct 25, 2015.

1. How long did it take for you to realize it was on fire? :p
    TromboneSteve likes this.
  2. Put it in and turned it on, then went to get water and while I was pouring it I heard that electric zapping sound. Turned around and saw the microwave zapping my food and a fire. Grabbed it, looked at it for like 2 seconds while it was on fire, then threw it outside. Probably didn't notice for 3-4 seconds.
    TromboneSteve and 607 like this.
  3. Good thing I don't have a shower (and never have in my life), then! <3
    TromboneSteve likes this.
  4. Someone needs to create a http://lmctfy.com/: Let me craft that for you. And have it default to fences. :p
  5. Life Hack: Don't use it as an excuse to eat loads of popcorn. That is actually genuinely quite really not good for you.
  6. Life hack: write your life hacks down as soon as possible when you invent them, so you won't forget them for once.
    Gawadrolt and TromboneSteve like this.
  7. Life hack: Eating your books makes you 17% smarter. Beware of constipation though.
    TromboneSteve, PenguinDJ and kaptrix like this.
  8. Life hack: Always buy the digital version of your games so your little brother can't destroy the discs
    Salmatic likes this.
  9. Yeah, but then you can't:
    • Trade them for other games/sell when you're done
    • Brag about your pile of games to your friends
    607, Gawadrolt and TromboneSteve like this.
  10. *DISCLAIMER* Ww2fan168 and associates claim no responsibility for any injuries sustained while performing said "life hacks."
    Markethan13 and Birosquinha like this.
  11. Most of mine are weird outdoors and survival things... I tried typing them out, but they seem silly to talk about.
  12. I'll do it for you then. Survival Hacks:
    • Always carry a potion of fire resistance on your hot bar, always. Preferably splash
    • You can leash your horse and then carry it around while riding a boat at top speed.
    • Want to save coal? Use lava. A bucket can smelt up to 100 items (roughly 1 and a half stack)
    • Avoid digging down, or up if you're deep underground (OLDE)
    • Y=12 has the highest rate of diamonds, so mine there or at 11
    • You can tell the time by the position of the sun and the moon (for some reason)
    Will remember some more later. Probably.
  13. I think he means like real-life things.
    Like never forget a pocket-knife when you are out.
    607 and xXBuffa1oXx like this.
  14. Life hack:
  15. I feel you... I kinda sorta maybe did the same thing. Fun times... Fun times...
  16. Yeah, the real life stuff like build huts in the woods, find north, trap and hunt things, those skills.

Potions of health would be nice, though.
    607 likes this.
  17. Life hack: To eat a cupcake, cut off the bottom half of the cupcake itself and put on top of the frosting.
  18. False! from y-7 to y-12 there is the same concentration of diamonds. people use 12 because most lava pools spawn at y 10. at y12 you are mining y12/13 so you are not in the best place. y11 is much better but anything below 11 without trying to mine through bedrock is going to net you the same percentage of ores.

*courtesy of a per y level dissection of over 100 chunks and general minecraft knowledge about lava pools.
    Birosquinha likes this.
  19. Life hacks are useless if you're like me and you don't have a life. ;)
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  20. Life hack #4: If you feel uncomfortable looking into someone's eyes when they are talking to you, look at their nose instead. They cannot tell the difference.
    607, TomvanWijnen and TromboneSteve like this.