let's discuss fortnite

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by figglebottomreal, Jun 13, 2018.

?

do you like fortnite?

yes 9 vote(s) 30.0%
no 13 vote(s) 43.3%
it's okay 8 vote(s) 26.7%
  1. Ah, so it got a free game mode. That's why it's suddenly so popular. And my siblings were saying there's a mobile version as well, also free?
  2. looks like fortnite is going to get resurrected again, apparently they're making fortnite irl or something
  3. Never played it. I personally like PubG better because it’s focused mainly on gun gameplay whereas Fortnite adds in building/destroying.
    FadedMartian and fluffinator09 like this.
  4. This is the closest thing to a Fortnite thread I know of on EMC, so I'm going to resurrect it to post screenshots.

Some context to this if you didn't know already...

Season 7 of Fortnite began on December 6th, 2018 with the collision of an iceberg into the Battle Royale island. The iceberg was the home of the Ice King, who sat in his castle, Polar Peak; in the very same castle, he held a prisoner captive and had several mysterious eggs laying about, and also had a sword called the Infinity Blade. The Ice King covers the entire island in snow, but he Prisoner escapes and, by the end of Season 7 on February 27th, 2019, had reversed the Ice King's blizzard and created a volcano and a jungle on the opposite side of the map.

Season 8 began on February 28th just after the creation of the volcano, bringing all kinds of new groups to the island in search of the jungle's hidden treasure. At the end of Season 8, the volcano erupts, destroying Tilted Towers and Retail Row, and forcing a man called Jonesy and a humanoid banana called Peely to flee into an underground bunker.

Season 9 began on May 9th. A robot chicken called Sentinel opens the bunker and finds that a Jonesy that has grown a beard and has gone insane, drawing a giant monster all over the walls as well as several previous events, including the destruction of 'the cube' at Loot Lake, and linking it all together. He also ran out of food and turned Peely into a banana milkshake. While Jonesy was imprisoned in the bunker, the island has jumped forward into a very cyberpunk-y future and Tilted Towers has been rebuilt with a statue dedicated to a woman called Singularity. Soon afterwards, it is discovered that the Polar Peak castle has disappeared and multiple areas on the island suffer attacks from a mysterious monster. Singularity herself turns the volcano into a robot factory and constructs a giant mech robot, with each piece of it decorated to resemble the different superheroes from the superhero team from Season 5. The monster attacks grew more frequent, until today, when the volcano mech and the castle monster did battle across the map, eight months in the making.

The Monster Emerges From The ocean and Laser Beams the Lagoon and the Jungle For No Reason.

The Mech Gets Ready To Fight.

rawr

Get On Your Dancing Shoes.

After Getting Lasered and Thrown Around Like a Ragdoll, The Mech Straight Up RKO's the Monster Into the Ocean.

boo

omnomnom

After Tossing the Monster Off It, the Mech Collapses Into Loot Lake and Starts Digging Into the Vault, a Super Duper Powerful Energy Thing, Beneath.

ngl, coolest shot I've got.

boutta kapow

kapow

Robot Picks Up the Singularity Statue in Neo-Tilted, Revealing That It Has Actually Been a Giant Infinity Blade All Along.

To Be Continued

jacob5089, Burki and Elaeric like this.
  5. Eew fortnite, sorry I had to.
  6. ... and back then I thought a cube rolling into a lake was cool :p
  7. I strongly dislike this game. Spent 35 dollars on this game and one day I try to log in and find (ノ゚0゚)ノ~ my account is gone. Also, Fortnite support team is dreadful. They didn’t help me at all. To verify my account was truly mine I had to answer a ton of questions that took me quite a while to look through. THEN Epic Games decided they would give me another list of questions which I didn’t know the answer to.
    FadedMartian likes this.
  8. It seems unreasonable to dislike the game because of that.
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  9. Why so?
  10. Because it doesn't have anything to do with gameplay, audio, video or story. If Microsoft had somehow ruined Minecraft after the acquisition of Mojang, I think you could have disliked Microsoft for it, but not Minecraft. It's not the game's fault, or rather, the fault of the people who created it.
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  11. it is inherently bad.. if the support is bad, it will affect your view point on it
    Smooshed_Potato likes this.
  12. I've had the complete opposite experience with Fortnite's support team, to be honest. They've always been quite good with answering questions and offering help, and the one time I requested a refund the process was pretty quick and without issue. I'm sorry you had such a bad time with them. If it's not too much trouble to ask, did you get a login message or anything saying that the account is inactive or anything (/how do you know it was deleted?)?
  13. Lets say that you go to a restaurant. You pay for a meal and it is good food. You are going to give the restaurant a good review. On the other hand, you were treated poorly by staff who couldn't fill your requests, and the good food you ate was not your order, but the waiting staff wouldn't switch your order after they made a mistake. Would you still give this restaurant a good rating? Likely not due to the fact that the human interaction was unpleasant even when the product was satisfying. This is the same reason I dislike the game.

Thanks! I will contact them and try to get a refund.
    FadedMartian likes this.
  14. Fortnite is one of those games I... just happen to hear about from Minecraft players. I do not play it and dislike it for continuing a video game stigma of rowdy children playing online multiplayer shooters.
    ArkonXT and FadedMartian like this.
  15. I think you made a mistake there. It seems like in your analogy, Fortnite is the meal and the company who is in charge of Fortnite is the restaurant. You would give the restaurant a bad review, but not the meal.
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  16. fortnite bad minecraft good