[Legal counting forum game] Counting with four fours

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Egeau, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Well, my strategie is that I by now know certain numbers I can make easily with 1 or 2 4's, that I can use (like I dont see a 4! as 4! but as 24, I see a 4!/.4 as 60, I see a 4^4 as 256 etc.) So for me it is not really how do I make a number with 4 4's, but how do I make a number by adding and subtraction using a combination of 2's, 4's, 8's, 16's, 24's, 60's, 12's, 44's etc. If I cant figure out a way like that, I start to look at ways to make the number by multiplying or dividing a cobination of those listed numbers, if I cant find a way then by using more difficult features like ! or powers, roots, ↑↑, logaritms (although those are forbidden sadly). Luckily it hasnt been that hard yet though so I could mostly do it with the substraction and addition method still :p.

As for 76: 4!/.4 + 4*4

EDIT: Also, looking at the previous couple of answers can be helpful too, since the next number usually isnt that different. For example: for 63 you could do something like (4^4-4)/4. If you then get 65, it is an easy change of a - to a +: (4^4+4)/4.
  2. (4!!)!!!-sqrt(4)-4/4 = 77
    JesusPower2, TomvanWijnen and 607 like this.
  3. Are we allowing the gamma function?
    _j__ and Jelle68 like this.

4. EDIT: whoops that's moderately big lol
    Jelle68 likes this.
  5. 79 = (4 - gamma (sqrt (4))) ^ 4 - sqrt (4)
    That's if gamma is allowed though
    JesusPower2, Jelle68 and TomvanWijnen like this.
  6. What's that?
  7. 607, Jelle68 and Indigotin like this.
  8. even though I don't really understand it, (if it goes by the defenition of what Tom said, your answer should be nagative, right? ) I think it'll be fine, as long as it doesn't end up in every next one being really easy :p (like with the logs, You can make it such that the next one is just adding another square root: that's no fun, so I excluded it :p )
    80 = 4* (4P4-4)
    607 and TomvanWijnen like this.
  9. I don't think it would be negative...
    Gamma ( sqrt (4)) is the same as gamma (2), which is 1!, obviously creating 1. So the whole thing is (4-1)^4-sqrt(4), going to 81-2, equalling 79 (unless I'm just being stupid somewhere...

EDIT: (4! / .4) + 4! – sqrt (4) = 82
    Jelle68, 607 and TomvanWijnen like this.
  10. oops, I read 4- (gamma (sqrt (4))^4 instead of (4- gamma (sqrt (4))^4... suttle diferences... (It's late for me: I amn't going to post another one now)
    607 and Indigotin like this.
  11. 83 = (4!-sqrt(4))*4-4!!!!
    4!!!! is an easier way to get 1 than the gamma way, lol.
    Also, don't forget about inverse gamma :p
  12. Wait, how does 4!!!! work?
    607 likes this.
  13. 4!!!! would be 4
    so gotta use gamma or something else
    607, TomvanWijnen and JesusPower2 like this.
  14. Y’all are making this too hard for my brain to handle…

84 = 44*sqrt(4)-4

EDIT: are we allowed to use 44?
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  15. As long as you count it as two, it should be fine :)
    This one is a bit sketchy, though.
    44*√4 - 4 + e^(lim(4/x), x -> ∞)
    [EDIT] Oh wait, that's 5. Carry on.
  16. limits scare me, so
    (4!+4/.4)/.4 = 85

and now,
    4!*4-4/.4 = 86
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  17. Oh yeah it is 4, idk what I was thinking lol.
  18. I feel like limits are cheating, even though I would love to do an EMC calc lesson and then all use them :p
    Otherwise you can do any number with just a simple lim(x->4/4)(x+x+x+x...x)
    Jelle68 and JesusPower2 like this.
  19. (4!!)!!!+4!!-4/4 = 87
    JesusPower2 and TomvanWijnen like this.