Learn from my fail - dirt removal

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by LindenNZ, Jan 22, 2022.

1. I got very carried away with the dirt removal command (which is great) and teleported to each of my residences using it. But on one I had a bunch of redstone on what was the old bedrock layer and it all went pop and took me quite a while to figure out how to do again.

If you replace any of the dirt blocks (that were formerly bedrock) with another block they don't get removed with the command and is an easier option for reconstructing redstone circuits.

Maybe this is really obvious advice, and it was just me being silly and over-enthusiastic that caused myself a big headache!
    KatydidBuild, 607, Unoski and 4 others like this.
  2. the_mancub knows something about this.

Though when we put back together the redstone, we ended up using less than we originally used.

Better usage of resources or will it break? Time will tell.
  3. Glad I'm not alone! I seemed to be short quite a few rails so who knows what happened there. I bet there are other broken things I haven't discovered yet like teleport signs.

In preparation for the update I expanded my set of enchanted shovels to remove the extra dirt but have barely used them - that command is just too good - I used it on 10 residences! :D
    607 likes this.
  4. Lol yeah I told chickeneer that I needed an option to remove all dirt except the old bedrock layer, but he said that would have to be the normal SS service :(
  5. Seed a grass block to turn the top layer of dirt into grass, and then remove the dirt. If it is open enough, the grass will just spread, and, when you execute the command, won't be converted to air. :)
    KatydidBuild, chickeneer and LindenNZ like this.
  6. But that doesn't work if it's covered with anything, like sand or lava >_>...