Krysyy's IRL Build Project Rap XD

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Krysyy, Jul 26, 2021.

1. Update: December 5th, 2021

We did nothing inside, so...we're a bit behind schedule. Move-in delayed one week.
    BUT with the help of a machine and three truckloads of gravel-ish concrete scraps, we brought back the past.

We removed the area the drunk driver hit, so we still need to build a fence back. We currently have a gate with no fence right next to it, so we're not stopping anyone, lol.

The land looks almost how I remember it when I lived there at a young age. We took down most of the trees that were dead from the drought or freeze, trimmed up the oaks on property, and we removed pesky cedars. Less cedar trees means the oaks will flourish and grass can grow again. Just needs some seed and time to get the grass back.

My legs feel like jello and driving the car feels like I'm still in the machine, lol. The results were worth it though.

2. SkeleTin007 and AnonReturns like this.
  3. Update: January 1, 2022

It's been a CRAZY month.
    We thought we'd be done by December 12th, but we were down to the wire for all of December, down to the last day.

We officially moved in on Christmas Eve and spent the first night in the new house. Christmas morning I woke up, drove to the old house, shoved the Christmas tree (no ornaments) and presents/decor in the car and transported it all. We had our first meal in the new house on Christmas Day.

I'm SOOOOOOO happy to be done driving back and forth to empty the old house and my car is too. We finished repainting any spots on doors and trim in the old place today and turned in the keys.

To Do:
    -Install ceiling in living room and office
    -Connect the fridge to the water line
    -Install the microwave (currently sitting on the counter)
    -Fix the front fence
    -Build a bigger dog pen and add stairs from dog door
    -Install shower door
    -Install flooring in the office
    -Install pantry cabinets
    -Install closet rods/shelves/drawers
    -Build out the loft area
    -Build a barn door to close the office
    -Unpack the trailer full of our stuff

4. Update: January 2, 2022

First freeze of the year and we made it! 78 yesterday and 25 today. Texas is Texas, lol. Broke the ice off the dog water bowl outside and it just came back an hour later. I’m not a cold weather person so whoever sent this weather, you can have it back, please.

I put the sinks on drip and monitored the pipes (copper), but she seems to have held up well even with dad being worried. There’s definitely a cold draft by the front door, then I realize we haven’t finished one part of the insulation so that’s why. We also need to cover the edges of the bottom of the house. The floor feels as cold as tile.

Mounted the tv and hung up my closet rods so I can maybe get things in order before work tomorrow, or at least a minimal amount of order.

The feeling when I don’t have to pay rent this month? REALLY nice!
  5. How is the work going Krysyy, have you finished? The cold season is coming/here hopfully you will be warmer inside this year.
    Tuqueque and UltiPig like this.
  6. cool i agree with removing the hole first building becouse if u wut redo it it wut be a expensife joke and if i look at it probely efry ting is roten ripet all wet becouse the roof but it looks cool and u can better buy a old house like that for cheap and build a new house on the old house base or get the land for like cheap with the house on it and just replaze the house u probely dond need tho lay a new water electricety maybe wifi but its probely some were in the ground so
    and i like the floor we have the same floor only a little bit darker but the benefit is easy tho clean but out a swiffer works well or we have cleaning lessons on school but we have basicly a a wide big swiffer u supriced how muchts dust its a swifer is like a genius pruduct they put like a ting that big copanies use tho clean floors and stuf and put it in a consumer product but u shut buy like the 1 of like for companies and buy like loads of those papers with oil that go under it u shut rilly try u suprised how muchts dust is efry were xd
    UltiPig likes this.