Just Unfair

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Pixel_Sage, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Isn't this technically a form of griefing?

A griefer is a player in a multiplayervideo game who deliberately irritates and harasses other players within the game, using aspects of the game in unintended ways.[1] A griefer derives pleasure primarily or exclusively from the act of annoying other users, and as such is a particular nuisance in online gaming communities, since griefers often cannot be deterred by penalties related to in-game goals.[2]

• Kill stealing, denying another player the pleasure or gain of killing a target that should have been theirs.
    TomvanWijnen and JesusPower2 like this.
  2. I've asked staff about this before and it isn't griefing. The items from a boss are simply claimable entities that exist within a chunk.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  3. I understand why the mod in question said that. Because we only have your word against this player. Those were mob dropped items, items on the ground are fair game. Bashing this player isn't going to solve the problem really. until then if you want to hunt special mobs in peace, go out in the wild. and if you think someone is near. just do /c l then /chat who , then you will see if someone is near you :). and I do understand your frustration but you must understand there isn't alot we could do about it. we can't prove that he "stole" the items since its your word against his and those items are on the ground.
    JesusPower2 and ShelLuser like this.
  4. A mob is fair game and doesn't belong to anyone. But you spent a lot of time to kill that mob and it is indeed a jerk move to steal someone's drops. It's kind of an "unofficial" rule that if someone else is fighting a mob you don't just jump in and fight it, too.
    JesusPower2, kaptrix and ShelLuser like this.
  5. I say we mob up against Marlix and show him what it means to be unfair ;)
  6. If you work for something and someone else takes it that someone else should return the items or get a solid perm ban. :rolleyes:
  7. Does there really need to be a rule about this? It's just common courtesy. If you didn't kill it, it shouldn't be yours.
    kaptrix likes this.
  8. I've read through everyone's comments. I understand what both sides are stating and can agree with both too.

I've seen someone state that there is no way to tell who's telling the truth. That simply isn't so. The token log should provide clarity as to who did in fact kill the marlix. Yet there in the facts a problem does arrive. The log will show who killed the Marlix but will not show the drops that fell from the boss himself.

True enough the chat would have shown what drops did fall. If only a screenshot had been made showing what fell that fateful day.

In my personal opinion, Anyone that goes up against a boss without the aid of a friend and be succesful. Should be able to reap the rewards given at the time of the kill.
    I also think that it is quite rude of another player to intervene in another players battle for Glory. Unless said player has asked for help to whom ever is near.
    Also if a kill is successful then the rewards should be split amongst the parties equally. Unless the initiator of the battle whom did not ask for another players help. In which case the spoils should be given to them. And then it s up to the initiator as to what they may or may not bestow upon the player who did help in taking down the boss.

However all is said and done. I do agree with the staff as they were not present at the time of the boss take down. I do hope Sage, that you continue to slay the bosses and have a more joyous experience.
    SkeleTin007 and kaptrix like this.
  9. just a suggestion but make a group so they can not attack it XD (boss protection)

10. Logical... when you don't think about it much and take multiple things that inhibit the senses.
    cj12115 likes this.
  11. To anyone in this thread saying that it is any way or form "fair", the definition of fair is "without cheating or trying to achieve unjust advantage"
    The advantage gained here is very clearly unjust. So, whether or not you're allowed to be a massive jerk, doing so is not "fair".
    JesusPower2 likes this.
  12. /invite som1, then tell them not to join ur group. u will still have a group, so when u attack boss it gets locked to group, may help 2 keep ur loot safe.
  13. nah he lives and he even kills voldy
  14. I killed a Marlix once and the person picked it up and gave it to me. I guess some people are just jerks.