Just Unfair

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Pixel_Sage, Aug 10, 2016.

1. "Life isn't fair. That's what I told myself when it happened." (<- Implying you find it unfair)
    "It isn't really unfair." (<- Stating it is fair)
    ESSELEM and JesusPower2 like this.
  2. Yeah he pm'd me about it. I should've made it clearer in my posts that originally when it did happen to me, I did think it was unfair, but now I don't think it is.
  3. It was an epic copy, cut, paste, then I just hit respond instead of type my 2 cents. LOL

Love the Shell and all he does to help everyone!!
    ShelLuser and nltimv like this.
  4. I even managed to obtain Marlix's smelly boots, all sent your way Pixel!
    MrsWishes, khixan and Merek_Shadower like this.
  5. People keep saying "life isn't fair" but does that mean we should let all people who commit crimes irl free and imprison all the good people because life isn't fair anyway? No! It shouldn't be that way on EMC either. Staff should do anything in their power to keep the game fair (isn't that why we ban hackers). Even if you argue it was fair, you must admit it was a jerk thing to do which should also be prevented. Anyway you put it, this doesn't seem like it should be allowed and especially not "encouraged" which the staff was quoted in saying.
  6. Whoever puts down the most damage should get the loot. That has been a suggestion of mine for a while and I still stick to it.
    I really hope that they are working on a damage ratio system which allows the system to choose who rightfully should take the drops.
  7. I do agree this is unfair and whoever did that should rethink doing that again in the future but yet again its not like its the last marlix in the world, go out and kill another one. Its not like its impossible to kill it XD
  8. I say we socially shun the person. Do a /ignore and ban the player from all residences.

Also for awareness, if you are tossing items to a friend and another player runs over and "steals" them, it is NOT considered stealing and the admins won't get involved. Even if it's underground on your own residence. So be warned that free floating items are free to anyone.
    Pixel_Sage and ShelLuser like this.
  9. This is why I hunt mini bosses exclusively out at my outpost on Smp6. I don't even bother to hunt mini bosses close by in waste/frontier spawns. There are players whom look for mini bosses that are in current engagement with other players and sadly wait for loot with little to no contribution to the fight. When economy is the name of the game, some people will do anything to get by. Consider this maybe a lesson for the future?
    ShelLuser likes this.
  10. wait dumbledore died right?
    ESSELEM and ShelLuser like this.
  11. ...

Wrong thread, right?
    tuqueque and FoxyRavenger like this.
  12. I have always been told by staff: "If it's on the ground, it's fair game" This incident is no exception to this rule. This rule also applies to a player's items after the 8 minute timer runs out. Any player can take them. Is taking items you don't own a little greedy? Yes it is, but not everything in life is fair.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  13. And he left his smelly boots behind, which Aya took for her own and then send Pixel's way. Now we're all arguing who should have them because quite frankly... Something stinks here :D
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  14. naw it just popped in my head so i was like hmmm
  15. Really should have watched this closer, its getting out of hand. I never asked for any hand outs, nor do i expect any. Some of you are missing the point and others really get it. A change in the way mob drops are handled would be the only thing i want out of this.
  16. Have you Pm a staff on the forums?
  17. A good person does what's right, even if other things in life are wrong.

Now where are those pitchforks and torches...
  18. :) When you strike a boss it's supposed to be "claimed" for some time. Others are not supposed to be able to run up and damage it. It might only work if you're in a group, but you could petition it to apply to individuals also.
  19. This might be off topic but Marlix is a jerk to me XD
    He never wants me to have his loot :p
    ShelLuser and JesusPower2 like this.
  20. But we know not everyone is a good person. Some people are more than happy to do what is wrong if they gain from it.