It's Here! New Tutorial for the Empire!

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Krysyy, Oct 7, 2014.

1. That was a very well-done tutorial. The structures were beautiful, and the information content was fantastic. It really helped me get off to a great start. Great choice of starter items as well, definitely useful. I ended up going back and finding all the easter eggs, though I needed a bit of help on one or two. :) Thanks for the great experience!
    PenguinDJ, 607, wkramer79 and 2 others like this.
  2. nice view from up top
    Calamochnus and 607 like this.

3. why the angry face :(

just had to go explorin'
    Calamochnus likes this.
  4. Finally found all the easter eggs. Awesome tutorial, guys! I'll have to explore it a bit more later. :)
  5. how do you effectively play in that texture pack???
    PenguinDJ, sambish20 and hashhog3000 like this.
  6. well, see... when you're OCD you need this texture pack otherwise it drives you crazy
    607 likes this.
  7. I know, I would go absolutely crazy. :confused:

LOL. I dunno, I can be pretty OCD, and I can't make myself leave the Vanilla pack. XD
    sambish20 likes this.
  8. how about this one:

sambish20 likes this.
  9. Still would make me insane. Look at the size of those black splotches on the coal ore. :confused:
    Anyway, back to Tutorial chat. It's awesome. 'Nuff said. :p However, there is an issue. I put in spoilers, as it may reveal an easter egg location.
    The door that leads to easter egg #4 may cause complications, because people can close it and thus block off the easter egg. Maybe try replacing it with signs? Just a thought. :)

10. that particular issue was already pointed out and fixed i believe since the servers rebooted

and fine, i switched to this one to make you all happy

hashhog3000 likes this.
  11. Not fixed quite yet because it has to be an Aikar update and not an auto one, but it will be fixed soon.
    hashhog3000 likes this.
  12. Ew, default... jk :D
  13. actually that's the Faithful 32x32 pack, I think it's the one Aikar recommended which is why I had it downloaded. I think it's just a high-res version of the default pack though.
  14. Yeah, that's the one I used to use until I realized other ones (Sphax, Gerudoku, etc.) are way better. Oh well, everyone can use what they like. :)
  15. It looks great - didn't find any of the easter eggs though :(

One problem - I can't leave! None of the nether portals at the end work - I just end up at the back of them.
  16. You should stand in the nether portal area.
  17. I'd suggest making it a it more clear that you have to do that, because it confused me at first too :p

Other than that, this is great tutorial! :D
  18. will fix with next aikar reboot (along with other issues)
    mba2012 likes this.
  19. I have failed you lol
    krysyyjane9191 and mba2012 like this.
  20. I too found this secret room. Very interesting. I originally thought the language was in the Standard Galactic Alphabet (language of enchanting tables), but the symbols don't seem to match up. I thought it was quite clever in the way that the room was hidden. :)

As for the actual tutorial, I thought was very well-built. Beautifully structured, full of information, and a vast improvement over the temporary setup. I congratulate krysyyjane9191 and the Build Team on an exemplary performance.

I also went through and found all the easter eggs. All hidden nicely. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being incredibly easy to find and 10 being nearly impossible, I'd rate the easter eggs with the following difficulties.

#1: Difficulty 2
    #2: Difficulty 2
    #3: Difficulty 4
    #4: Difficulty 6
    #5: Difficulty 6
    #6: Difficulty 8
    #7: Difficulty 1
    Calamochnus likes this.