Introducing the Empire Wiki!

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by JackBiggin, Aug 30, 2013.

1. I did... lol
  2. hai! I'm super popular!! where do I sign up for wiki writer?
    Pab10S, jkjkjk182, princebee and 3 others like this.
  3. ur da president, u alrdy cal de sh0ts
  4. Yes sir!
    princebee and mba2012 like this.
  5. But.... wouldn't that be illegal???
    I have a feeling there should be gray text but I can't think of what to say....
    Rainier6 likes this.
  6. Is this where all the efforts for dragon tombs have been going? I am satisfied.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  7. Glad we could get the Wiki released. Also notice the Minecraft Mods was moved from a forum section to the wiki. I have an *idea* to make it a lot neater looking, but the current format is sufficient.
    NOte that JackBiggin made a cool Submit a Mod Request Form in the wiki; so no more posting threads and stuff. :D
    Equinox_Boss, Kells18 and mba2012 like this.
  8. You had that wrong, Valens is health and Saltar is jump :p
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  9. >.> I had that originally, but I thought I had it backwards lol. :p
    And, it's not like it got put on the wiki lol :p
    Equinox_Boss and xHaro_Der like this.
  10. I think that definition of wiki is out of place and outdated. While most wiki sites are open to the public for editing, just because its locked doesn't mean its not a wiki.

These days, wiki's are considered Information databases where content is laid in an easy to find and navigate way, to provide a mass amount of information in a clean and consistent format.

This is what our Wiki is. We are using Wiki software because it is the best tool for the job to display this content. We wouldn't want to change the name of the tab just cause its not editable by anyone now would we? :)

Consider this an upgraded guide (something that was never really asked to allow everyone to edit) that just happens to use Wiki software :)

As for user content - the big problem is the software we are using is too simple to do that.

To allow user content would require a massive amount of work by basically creating a 2nd wiki... I don't even know if it would be feasible.

We don't have the time any time soon to take on such a task. We also do not want to burden moderators with yet another permanently ongoing task of moderating the wiki content too.

We will be bringing on more players as Wiki Contributors, but a more open system is a long ways off in terms of time investment.
    wisepsn, Pab10S, cadgamer101 and 8 others like this.
  11. Think people are getting a little over worked in and over this awesome new feature that has been worked on since before my time here " i think dont quote me on that" but its awesome quit complaining. I think aikar hammered the nail on the head with the wiki definition.

If you would like to submit a guide or any useful information for or towards the wiki or any other aspect of the Empire you think other players would find useful, quit qq'in and go write one up and send it to the right people aka "alex and jack". Since they have done most of the front line work for it what what i have seen/herd for the guides and wiki.

There are still plenty aspects of the the Empire and Minecraft itself that could be useful in this "wiki"
    JackBiggin, Pab10S, Seffychan and 4 others like this.
  12. Finally. I was almost tempted to create a new thread about the fact the guide was really out of date.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  13. This is very helpful to Me and Nickblockmaster.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  14. I guess I can get a bit too defensive/overworked at times >.>
    ;3 sorry guys...
    Equinox_Boss and mba2012 like this.
  15. This is very cool! me like....
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  16. I read this as "This is very cool! like me...." :D
    JackBiggin, ISMOOCH and mba2012 like this.
  17. Great work, thank you! At last I found information I was looking for :) Also, is there info on things nerfed on EMC (like invisibility potion for example)?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  18. O? Death you are a mod now? Congrats
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  19. Yay, Jack finally got his project createded! :D
    mba2012, IcecreamCow and Equinox_Boss like this.
  20. IDEA: Lets build a lava wall around the wiki, and then build an empire on the area we claimed :p

EDIT: Why did I say that?
    mba2012 and Equinox_Boss like this.