Introducing RTS - Residential Teleporting System!

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by JustinGuy, Mar 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So does this mean I don't have to spend heaps of rupees on obsidian to make my portal room?
  2. Wow. good idea for some gladiator :D
    CHICKEN IS WARPING IN!! :D
  3. I just equipped my shop with these and they are amazing. :D

Great work as always.
  4. Holy craaaaap Justin!!!!!! THIS IS SO AWESOMEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D
  5. Best Idea yet Justin!
  6. Love it, easy and fair enough teleporting system.
  7. Hehe, no. Sorry if I made you paranoid ;)
    Yesterday:
  8. Not a stupid question at all. Currently and animal that triggers a pressure plate will do nothing. Only physical ass-pressure from a player entity will trigger it. And yes I said ass, but it is what bukkit calls it: http://jd.bukkit.org/apidocs/org/bukkit/event/block/Action.html#PHYSICAL
  9. This is awesome, this will be cool for people with mazes! :D
  10. A very epic feature. Thanks for this.

If i can suggest one thing: can you decrease the Timelimit between two teleports (Maybe as a feature for Diamond Members?)? I currently build a elevator and its very annoying to wait a few seconds before i can go on
    Squizzel_Boy likes this.
  11. :/ i dont really see the point or really the hole idea of this new operation..
  12. People who has huge residences with many facilities can now make an spawn room that has 'portals' to each of those facilities, just like the shop of the residence, an spleef arena, a private room and other rooms people might have at their res.
    I just have one thing to ask tho: locks, maybe to make some secret tp points where only some (player determined) people can teleport to. Just like the access signs or something :)
    Squizzel_Boy and Kells18 like this.
  13. I would consider reducing it a little. The main reason for that is that I don't want people to create really fast loops, it is hard on the system, annoying, and will result in the game kicking you for "hacking".
  14. Hows that game that has infinite portals created by players with guns called?
    Well yeah that could happen.
    margaritte likes this.
  15. ooh ok thanks copherfield and jeeze everytime i come on here there's always something new ^_^
  16. Is it possible to have two sign/pressure plates point to the same teleport location?

For example each corner of the building goes to a single spot, each room in a hotel can teleport to a lobby?

I'm a huge fan of this even if this isn't a feature, but it would be fancy to not have to put 30 signs in a room to have all of the teleporters in the building go to that room.
  17. you could but you have to do it manually. You have to set a /res tpsign and then put up a sign, and in order to make another tp plate go to the same place, just stand in the same place, make another /res tpsign and make a new sign. Both plates will go to the same place (because you manually programmed them to do so)
  18. You can do this easily. Just run /res tpsign, and then make as many signs as you want with "teleport" on the first line. They will all go to the same place. When you create a teleport sign it just takes the last location you stored (with /res tpsign) as the destination.

Edit: clarification: Skip the /res tpsign step, and the teleporter will just go the same place.
  19. So this would obviously work with both wood and stone pressure plates. But what happens if one gets really crowded? Will it TP one at a time or just TP them all at once?
  20. Great! Something I requested and made even better :D Thanks again Justin :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.