/Ignore (closed)

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by ShrinkingMatt, Sep 16, 2015.

?

Like it or not

Yes 14 vote(s) 50.0%
No 14 vote(s) 50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Okay. This isn't getting anywhere. No one is actually going to try and implement any of what's been suggested into the game because it's too much work for a small group of players. After all these godd we have to worship jave enough on their plate, the last thing they need is another two letter command /ma oh well. Just forget this as it's obviously a pointless idea that WILL NOT be considered.
  2. We wouldn't want to do this in order to remove any bias from the staff members that might subconsciously feel affected by this.
  3. I sense a tone of dissent in your post. Perhaps you should read back over my posts when you have calmed down a bit. Sometimes a break from the computer is just what we need to see things a little brighter.
    Dramanya, jkjkjk182 and 8808 like this.
  4. Staff are different from noobs or someone I really loathe. Staff still have their best interests for the community, and a lot of time player and staff grudges are short. Staff should be allowed to be ignored, but the community will be extremely happy with the ability to do it even temporarily.
    That does not sound too hard for the staff. I do understand your point about coding, though. It would take up time for bug fixes and whatnot.
    The requirement for staff is that everyone likes you? Nobody is universally liked. I should be allowed to dislike someone. I do respect all staff, and if this makes their lives harder, I understand, but I feel that it is something players should be able to do.
    CadenMann and PMSubhan like this.
  5. I believe it could be used whenever there's an important announcement/warning or when running an event. It'd be something simple like /ms PenguinDJ, please stop spamming. If the staff member missed a command and said a player's name that was ignoring them (is it hard to run a check on that?), a message could pop up: PenguinDJ is ignoring you. That'd tell the moderator to issue the (correct) command again.

And just doing /ms would lock a staff in shout mode so they don't need to run a command every time. It'd be easier when warning a group of players with many lines of chat or running events.

Heck, it wouldn't be the worst idea to bold messages through /ms for emphasis.

Just brainstorming here. ;)

Edit: Maybe block the ability to ignore senior staff, even with /ms? I don't know, it just seems really excessive to ignore an admin.
    8808, Krysyy, PMSubhan and 1 other person like this.
  6. What makes you think that you have to be likable as such? Krysyy has already said in this very thread that she wouldn't allow the community to vote in staff because it would be a popularity contest. Even she herself has stated that she doesn't want it done due to popularity, she has stated that she wants staff that are mature and that can fulfill their role - that doesn't mean that everyone has to like you.
  7. While staff needs to do their work, you are still forgetting, not everybody likes a specific person.. In my opinion, /ignore is a great command when it comes to a person annoying you, and I'm pretty sure not everybody likes a specific staff member, and even still, it isn't necessary to talk to you about not liking a specific staff member. If a staff is harassing, abusing, or doing anything related to such, that is a good time to contact you. To further prove my point that not everybody likes a staff member, I'll use quotes.

(I'm sure there are more quotes, but I don't want to scroll through pages :p)
    PMSubhan likes this.
  8. The /ms or another command is in discussion, as mentioned, working out details here and there. Ultimately though, it's going to take Aikar making a whole extra 'subsection' to chat that bypasses the ignore lists.

And he wouldn't not be staff because he didn't like someone, but there are more mature ways of handling a conversation like this than he did. I'm being transparent and explaining that his attitude, not what he said, would not allow him to proceed in staff application reviews.
  9. It's not hard to tell what has happened here. I think ShrinkingNub knows one of the staff members outside of the game and they did something to piss them off. Maybe they tried to throw their staff position in his face or some other sort of thing and now he wants to react by ignoring them in the game.

I hope this is able to get resolved because Minecraft is a fun game and everyone should have fun on EMC.
  10. I'm sorry. I don't think you understood what I meant, or maybe I misspoke. I meant likable as in the sense that nobody dislikes the said staff. I don't believe players should vote for staff, or that players have to be loved. It is more of a rhetorical question.
  11. If it just a game then what's the big deal if a player with a green name with some extra commands is able to get ignored?
  12. One of the best ideas I've ever seen suggested. +1 all the way.
    ShrinkingNub likes this.
  13. Krysyy already answered that. This is like a revolving door discussion. I'm just over here acting like Sherlock Holmes trying to cut through the vagueness.
  14. I think Krysy has done enough to prove that this may not happen. But you can still hope just with a nicer attitude
  15. That does make sense, thank you :). I feel like my last question did not settle right, so scratch that. In an event that a player and a staff feel unfriendly towards each other, and a staff is not abusing their powers, what course of action do you recommend to sort it out?
    8808 likes this.
  16. Usually the same thing i'd do with players. Mediation.
    Getting the problems out in the air with a 3rd party.
    Mostly I really just want to make sure that said staff is not subconsciously holding grudges of any type.
    8808 likes this.
  17. You can not always be available though, you have a lot to do on Empire Minecraft, and even more in real life.
  18. You can ask a multitude of players, I am almost ALWAYS available in Pm on the forums at pmcm.emc.gs within 24 hours.
    8808 likes this.
  19. Meditation? Where, when, what?

Sorry. My inner yoga master was summoned.

On a more serious point, I am neutral on this suggestion. Seeing what has been said in this thread, I do not expect this to be implemented. However, I do enjoy the idea of /ms. It seems like a good way to satisfy both parties at hand here.
    ItsMeWolffpack likes this.
  20. What qualifies as a grudge, and at what point does it require attention? Lets say I have had issues with a staff over a grudge; when specifically does it become something more serious then a petty issue?
    Catacacalysm likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.