/Ignore (closed)

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by ShrinkingMatt, Sep 16, 2015.

?

Like it or not

Yes 14 vote(s) 50.0%
No 14 vote(s) 50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pretty Much you took all the saying I was about to type.
    Galantisizer likes this.
  2. Okay. Players are stupid if they accidentally ignore a player as they have to type a full command to do so.. And how about one of these two options? /ignore lists get reset every week or two. OR in the same way you get the message when giving someone ADMIN flag.. That "WARNING" Message should come up when you want to ignore someone so you literally have to be stupid to accidentally ignore someone.. if not then you can use both of those suggestions. Staff are regular players with fancy names and a few extra commands.
    xHaro_Der, PMSubhan and Catacacalysm like this.
  3. That's rather rude to call someone stupid.
    Your first suggestion was vehemently opposed by other community members when I suggested it.
    Your second used to exist. The issue is that players dont remember who they ignore.
  4. Let's address the real issue here. The real issue is not that the /ignore feature needs to be changed. It's that ShrinkingNub has an issue with one or more staff members. The path forward to resolve this is clear and has already been stated:

1) Message krysyy and let her know what staff member and what the issue is
    or
    2) Maybe just take a small break from the game and gather yourself.
    Dramanya, ScrObot and Galantisizer like this.
  5. Krysyy, he is not calling a specific person stupid. He is saying you'd have to be to accidentally ignore someone. What's wrong with that?
  6. You seriously just said fancy commands and fancy names? These players typed a nearly 5 Page Sign-Up to help this wonderful community. With out them EMC wouldn't be the same. It would be like a nuclear bomb that hit every server. The whole Community will be sad to see players doing rude actions and harassing players. Staff are like Police just in a 100% nicer way. They are staff because they are different then others. They help and follow rules better then other players. Staff shouldn't be ignored they help to shield EMC from a nuclear bomb attack.
    ScrObot and Galantisizer like this.
  7. Let's address the real issue here. You know nothing about why I suggested this so don't jump to conclusions. Maybe I jave a personal issue with certain staff that I don't wish to share with Krysyy as.. well it's quite plain and simple it's none of her business and I don't mean that in a rude way. If this /Ignore was changed all of this would be resolved. Green and red wool prompt asking if you'd like to confirm and bam.. problem solved.
  8. Like 8808 said: Staff are not just "aesthetically enhanced players". Staff members filled out a long application, waited a while to get accepted (or even rejected), and then (Well, the newer staff, at least) had to go through a training phase. Then, afterwards, they are bombarded with /report tickets to deal with, players asking them for help, special events to host, people of higher ranks asking for them to do things, and the list goes on, and on, and on.
    ScrObot and 8808 like this.
  9. It wont EMC would just be worse without Staff being able to help and talk to someone if they get /ignored.
  10. Your nuclear bomb analogy is great. Just great. The effect that staff leave on this server is undeniable. Whether the person is staff for a few hours or a few years, their impact is great. That is not that issue here. ShrinkingNub is saying that staff are players hand-chosen to be like you said police-officers. Police-Officers are not perfect. Neither are staff members. They will make mistakes. They will offend people. Those people should have a right to not hear them unless it is absolutely necessary for which they can get PM'd.
    Galantisizer and ShrinkingNub like this.
  11. It still creates communication issues, however. Say you've gotten into a heated argument in Town chat and a staff member intervenes. How are you supposed to see what said staff member is saying if you're ignoring them, and how does the staff member know that you aren't able to see their words? ESPECIALLY if multiple parties are involved, this could create a massive break in communication.
    Dramanya and Galantisizer like this.
  12. Quite plain and simple, it is my business if you have a legitimate issue with a staff member. Pretty sure it says it in at least 5 different places on the forums.

The confirm screen wouldn't solve the issue because the issue is those that ignore the staff, then log out, come back a few days later and don't remember to unignore.
  13. First of all, your original suggestion had nothing to do with adding the red and green wool menu. It was for ignoring staff.

If you legitimately have a problem with a staff member and you do not want to tell Aikar or Kryssy, then you need to rethink your motives. Your problem, will never be fixed if you do not report that staff member.
  14. Time to step in.

From what I've read, his problem isn't big enough to report the staff member, he has nothing against how the staff member does their job, he just wants the option to ignore them to avoid future frustration.
  15. /ignore list, I recall that existing. And about the rude thing - if you can accidentally type in a full command and see it and not do anything about that and claim it's an accident, you have skill.
    CadenMann, Penguinub and ShrinkingNub like this.
  16. I type in random commands all the time, deleted my res accidentally earlier.
    Galantisizer and xHaro_Der like this.
  17. Why can't I have a personal problem with a staff member that has nothing to do with them doing their job? Why can't I "just not like someone", you don't need to do something wrong to be disliked by someone.
    Penguinub, ShrinkingNub and PMSubhan like this.
  18. Well what happens if that person who ignores them does something against EMC Rules or Scammed someone? What will happen? If someone is being hurt by that player that ignored that staff, helping that player thats being scammed? Nothing because That staff cant do anything to help because that staff got ignored.
  19. Once again I don't want to sound rude but what happens outside of EMC isn't always your business... And as haro stated after you posted thi, there is a /ignore list
    xHaro_Der likes this.
  20. Some staff have their "catch phrases" or personas that can really get annoying. I don't see why this would hurt anything. Generally when I'm dealing with staff they pm... generally, no almost exclusively. Except that once or twice that they have been invited or have invited me to a group, which honestly makes the whole situation go a bit more smoothly.

Staff shouldn't be participating in things that are wrong/against the rules but as has been brought up multiple times in the forums there are many things that aren't wrong or against the rules but are generally accepted as going against the norm and of bad taste or what have you. There has been many things on the FORUMS recently that have sparked a bit of this sort of antagonistic writing/behavior. EX: bumping old threads can be considered rude/other forum etiquette or someones opinion on something that someone has a strong emotional opinion about.

I have only ever wanted to ignore staff because of events being spammy I have never had a problem with staff in game doing anything wrong or malicious. I can understand where some people would want this to happen and that it might be something that I might find useful one day.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.