/Ignore (closed)

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by ShrinkingMatt, Sep 16, 2015.

?

Like it or not

Yes 14 vote(s) 50.0%
No 14 vote(s) 50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oh my lord... Read the whole chat. If you ignore someone they can still see what you write in chat. They can also make that HUGE effort to type /tell...
    Penguinub and xHaro_Der like this.
  2. What happened out of EMC with a staff? That should stay out of EMC not in it.
    Dramanya likes this.
  3. This is the last thing I'd ever want to hear from an admin.
    Penguinub and PMSubhan like this.
  4. At that point it's the person's fault. If they have a beef with a staff member that they want to report him/her so be it. They're the ones that are going to potentially lose out on something important. It really seems you're offended by this, but I'm sorry, but it should be allowed. You would consider yourself a player, would you not? Why are you considered a Player+? Sure you have the authority, you have the commands, but that shouldn't deny anyone rights to not hear a staff member even over little quarrels.
    ShrinkingNub likes this.
  5. Also can people stop suggesting that players ignore eachother for in game reasons? Hell if my ex started on EMC I'd have her /Ignored before she finished the tutorial. Players don't just /Ignore eachother because of what happens in game
    xHaro_Der likes this.
  6. Dude, you do realize PM overrides /ignores? There was also a modshout command suggested.
    xHaro_Der, Penguinub and ShrinkingNub like this.
  7. What is the difference between ignoring a normal player and ignoring a normal player with a green name that handles reports?

Not a damn thing.

If a player has a personal issue with a staff member, that has NOTHING to do with how that staff member does their job, that player should have every right to /Ignore that staff member. If a staff member can not spend the two seconds that it takes to hit Shift + 2 to "@ Player" then they need to take their job a bit more seriously, problems should be dealt with in private messaging anyway, not in public with everyone having access to a conversation between a player and a staff member, this includes warning about spamming.
  8. I don't think you understand this do you? I might want to ignore them because I don't wish to see what they have to say?
    Penguinub and xHaro_Der like this.
  9. I am just waiting for this thread to get denied & locked because it's "inciting drama". I am calling it right now.
  10. Well then just say may you please stop talking to me or talking about this subject.
  11. +1
  12. Poeple aren't going to /ignore list when they log back in. I used legitimate meaning that it has something to do with their job in EMC. If there's something affecting any sort of bias though that you feel then you should report it to me. You don't have to, but it does help if I know to watch for in the checks and balances system.

As said before though, I understand you may have a specific issue with a player, but this exact thing was discussed back when the original glitch occured that was allowing people to ignore staff. We still at this time feel that it is not in the best interest of the community to allow /ignore to include staff ranks. There has to be a certain pro/con ratio here and whereas you are more than capable of simply paying no attention to the staff's chat even if it appears, there is not an easy solution for those that ignore a staff member and then miss out on something or get in trouble because they didnt see the broad warning to everyone at the event because they didn't unignore the staff last time they were online.

Note: I am not saying that one player is more important than another. I am stating that the solution for one is easier than the solution for the other and staff have to take that into account.
    8808 likes this.
  13. Jesus.. I want to ignore them so I don't have to see what they type! I'm ignoring them because I don't want to see what they have to fricken say.
    xHaro_Der and PMSubhan like this.
  14. You do realize you are the one who needs to stop replying if you don't want a reply back, right? Posting in a player's thread will get you a reply!!
  15. Remove /Ignore all together. If we can't ignore staff then we shouldn't be able to ignore players. There's no difference. I just want to ignore them because I don't want to see what they have to say. That's not a vig issue.. if a player doesn't agree with my idea then font2 use it and carry on worshiping the staff.
  16. Ok. I was not aware of that. Well, anyway, if a staff member is harassing you, you know what to do. If not... I don't know.
  17. If you notice the /ignore thread from earlier when we changed things, I suggested just that. The community was not a fan though so it remains.
    jkjkjk182, PMSubhan and Galantisizer like this.
  18. Shrinking never said he was being harassed. He simply wants to not see what someone types and staff are players and they should be included in that.
    ShrinkingNub likes this.
  19. Where the frick did staff harassment come from? Can people stop suggesting crap that they thibk has happened? I suggested this /ignore staff as I want to do it without having to explain all the personal details behind it
  20. Well can't I say my opinion and I would love to see the opinion of someone else. My comments may be wrong so I just want to hear what the other person wants to say to my comment. So I could see if I am correct or wrong no one is perfect and I am definitely not.
    Galantisizer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.