I need an admin help

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by TeslaBella, Nov 2, 2016.

1. I been trying to login since the 26th of October and have not been able to. I have tried every profile from 1.9 to the latest version... contact me asap. Thank you.
  2. Crap man go to ur inbox and contact chickneer asap
  3. I use 1.9.4 client.
    Have you updated Java to the latest version?
  4. What does it say when you try to log in?
  5. When you request help like this, it is always helpful to post what message you got when you tried to log in, your error logs, java version etc. because in most cases, other players can help too :)
    607, ShelLuser and jkrmnj like this.
  6. I can connect to other servers just fine.... and when i tried to connect to Empire using all the versions in profile I get this message: "Failed to connect to server java.net.ConnectException: Connect time out: no further information"
  7. I get this message too when I connect every now and then. I use 1.9.4 what fixes it for me is exiting out of minecraft and reopening it. that usually does it for me
    607 likes this.
  8. There have been some problems with session & logins but those should be fixed by now. However, it seems some servers are still causing issues from time to time (hearsay on my part).

Try using the 'direct connect' option and directly connect to a server which isn't your home (assuming that's the last server you connected to). So, for example: smp2.emc.gs, or utopia.emc.gs. Try any of those to see if that changes something.

If that works check your profile to see which hostname you're connecting to. It should be 'play.emc.gs'.

(EDIT)

But also keep in mind that using the latest (or a recent) Java version is always a good idea. The best clients to connect to the Empire (time of writing) are 1.9.4 (which is also the current EMC version) or 1.10. The latest 1.10.2 should also work, but because EMC is still 1.9 it might be best to stick to 1.10 or 1.9 for now.
    607 and JesusPower2 like this.
  9. I just uploaded java version last week so therefore I can rule out it is a java issue. I have also tried 1.9 to 1.10.2 and none have been successful. I went back to 1.9 but still receiving the same message. smp1.emc.gs is my home server and I have tried the direct connect as well and still received the same message. But I will go back thru it.
  10. Is there any possibility of a anti-virus/firewall blocking access to the server? If you've had an update recently to something like that, it'd probably be worth checking them just in case. I know Windows's built in stuff sometimes likes to randomly block access to some stuff on all networks.
    607 and ShelLuser like this.
  11. In case you missed it: Aikar just reported that he has found the cause of the recent lag/crash issues on the server. Although I doubt that this is related to your issues I wouldn't want to rule it out either. So yeah, has anything changed in the mean time?

If not then I can only come up with 2 possibilities. The most likely one is what Jack suggested: some kind of firewall or blocking issue. Which reminds me: do you use any kind of anti-virus suite or have you started using something new recently? Reason I ask: some months ago we ran into an issue where an anti virus suite had black listed the Empire website for completely bogus reasons (the official explanation was that they didn't like the .gs extension, no kidding!).

The other possibility is a blockade somewhere between you and the Empire. I've seen this happening more often, but never one which went on 24/7 for several days. Sometimes a block can occur, but that's usually resolved in 20 - 3o minutes (this seems to be caused by a bunch of overloaded routers).

Hope this can also help a bit.
    607 likes this.