I did an experiment...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MrSocks75, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Can we just quietly ignore them?
  2. They were named 'MrSocks75's <item>' Where item was things like sword, pick, axe, fishing rod, etc.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  3. No. Be nice. :p
  4. Fine. If we have to.
    ChickenDice likes this.
  5. Ah. Probably newer players then
  6. I would believe the real issue is a newer player, and from my "welcome *insert_new_name* to emc" or hello, more often than not, the people finish the tutorial and just leave.

Does anyone know why this happens so often just after finishing the tutorial?
  7. Aw... I think despawning has got a quite larger change as you might think, I have been doing things around several spawns lately, without moving that much, I bet there are more people like me that also easlyly make the chuck load for some time... (sorry for my Englisch, it's late...)

I think that's becuase people are looking for game servers, or servers with creative, at the moment they find out this isn't they disconnect
    607 and ShelLuser like this.
  8. Maybe this is best discussed in it's own thread, this is about MrSock's experiment afterall. However, one part of this is people who head to town and people who head to the Frontier. You can see the difference from town: the cyan announcement to welcome a new player indicates they went to town (or the tutorial follow-up), the yellow announcement means they went straight to the Frontier.

Well, as you probably know regular players can't chat in the Frontier. And I know that this has confused plenty of new players. It's not an easily solved issue because this concept is clearly explained in the tutorial itself. People are literally advised to start by going to town.
    607 likes this.
  9. I once died in september 2014(when the 15min despawn was not a thing), while i was mining in /wild. I had stuff and a god silk pick renamed Tuqueque's silk. One day months after, a player returned it to me (with the other stuff he found) :) SO yes, people are good.

As for your experiment, i think that many of EMC spawns are surrounded by malls, so if somone goes to that mall for more than 15 min, then your item would have despawned, so no one found it
    607, kaptrix and ShelLuser like this.
  10. We do have an amazing community indeed!
    607 likes this.
  11. Simething else to consider. I sometimes pass through smps and occasionaly tp through a spawn. I could very well have an item of yours in one of my inventories on one of my alts and not even know it. In fact when i can log on i now think ill need to go look anyhow at all of them just to know.
    And some have a bunch of stuff in inventory regularily... so may just be sitting there unrealized. Or not. Idk atm.... some may pick it up and not even realize it....
    607 likes this.
  12. I found a pair of your socks hanging in an item frame on someones res... I was bored and doing /res random and happened to come across them. lol
    607 and ThaKloned like this.
  13. lets see,...what would i do.
    mail em back,...probably not,...id recognize the name and be like this is not worth my time. (assumed you had SS power)
    ./dispose....nah too much work.
    post elaborate auction with a little story, how i stole socks socks....maybe, but i have an auction going right now.
    keep em...no...my stuff has my name on it and is therefore better.
    I guess I'd just drop them and walk away.
    607 likes this.