I accidently set a wither loose in the nether and I can't kill it. I'm sorry!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Tiburok, Nov 30, 2017.

1. First of all, I never intended to let this thing loose. I just wanted to kill it, grab the star and be on my merry way. I am so sorry about this. I went up to bedrock in the nether where I had already built a railway thinking "this is a good place to kill a wither"....oh no. I accidentally broke the block that was holding it in place and it ran wild. It has broken into someone else's railway (I'm so sorry, I will fix it myself when this is over, I promise). At this point, I just need help killing it so it stops rampaging around.

How to get there: Go to frontier wild center on smp 9, go through the nether portal on the protected area. Then head to 46, 46, -108 in the nether through the tunnel. On your right there will be a tunnel with a ladder at the end of it. Go up that ladder, keep going straight, go up another ladder, and the wither is at the top of the ladder. It has hollowed out a bit of a cavern up there. If I'm online we can kill it together or if you get there without me, go ahead and kill it if you can. The nether star is yours. I just want it dead so I can repair all of the damage. If I ever do this again I will do it VERY far away.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  2. I will see what I can do. I have a public wither kill chamber on smp2 to use in the future.
    AyanamiKun likes this.
  3. :eek::eek: Withers scare me I will help if I can too
  4. They sure like escaping from the zoo don’t they?

If it isn’t dead in 20 minutes I’ll pay it a visit(on the road atm).

Happy hunting in the meantime!
  5. I’m gonna hope the wither didn’t trash my netherrail....
  6. Done... He's dead.... mailing you the star. I don't need any.
    AyanamiKun and ShelLuser like this.
  7. There doesn't seem to be too much damage to rails, not sure where they all go so to be certain is unknown. It seems only 2 (separate)?? rails were impacted. I have seen the Wither do much more than this. I took him out very quickly as to keep any further damage from occurring.

No worriers Tiburok, happens to us all sometimes. The stories I could tell you..... Anyhow, glad to help ya out. I grabbed all the gear I could find. I mailed to you since there seemed to be only 1 player's stuff left about. All I found was cooked fish and potions. Sorry if you lost more. I grabbed it so it wouldn't despawn. I mailed you the star, fish and potions I found. Don't worry about doing anything for me, I help MANY players with wild, loose Withers. Just love fighting them.

I wouldn't suggest fixing anything that broke. Once you replace the rails they are auto protected in your name. The post you made here seems sufficient enough. Anyone who has rails in that area will know to come look at them. Being so close to spawn you didn't divulge any "hidden" bases either.

No real damage has been done here except maybe the loss of your stuff. PM me if you ever want to kill a Wither in a controlled environment. I have honestly killed a Wither with nothing but my bare fists, yes, MAX beacons were used as well as wearing armour. I am now working on killing a Wither with NO armour and NO weapons. Just golden carrots for food. I am recording it. I have gotten him to 38% health before dying. Best so far.

Best of luck, Thanks for the fun and excitement!!!

~Merek~ Wither Slayer
    AyanamiKun likes this.
  8. If it makes you feel any better, I completely trashed a fresh wasteland on SMP8 once by letting a Wither free unintentionally. It looked like someone set off a nuke around spawn.
    AyanamiKun likes this.
  9. Thank you so much. I really appreciate it. I will go back to repair my own rails which were destroyed. I thought that if I repaired the other player's rails with buildmode turned off that I'd avoid having their stuff protected in my name, but if it's best to leave them alone then I won't try to fix them. If anyone's rails in the area were damaged, please let me know and I'd be happy to send some supplies. I feel very strongly about not griefing anyone else's stuff so when I saw that this wither had broken into another player's tunnel as well I was appalled.
    Merek_Shadower likes this.
  10. If anyone has suffered from damages which they cannot repair because they don't have the materials then be sure to contact us @ GRIP. We'd be happy to provide any materials needed for repairs.

I know that officially speaking this isn't a griefing (not an intended one anyway) but that's an easily ignored detail :)
    Merek_Shadower and We3_MPO like this.
  11. Thank you ShelLuser, that's a very nice service. However, I was able to determine whose tunnel was damaged and I mailed them supplies.
    ShelLuser, We3_MPO and Merek_Shadower like this.
  12. It's OK. Things like this happen to most of us at some point. But I would recommend, next time, spawning a Wither in a remote area so it's unlikely to cause any damage, preferably underground and in the overworld. And if it does cause damage, posting it so others know is also a very good idea.
  13. I'm off to work but when I get back I'd like to share my own wither stories that happened here on EMC. Yeah even with buildmode off I do believe rails are auto protected. There is very, very little damage done. I do understand how you feel but don't worry. That was EXTREMELY minor compared to what a Wither can do.

Edit:

As I said above, I do have and make public Wither kill chambers that do little to no damage, yes, it takes the fun outta the hunt but if you farm stars like I do sometimes it's an easy way to kill 12 to 60 withers in a row.
  14. Or use the wastelands of course. After all; that place is meant to be wasted :D

But yeah, happy to learn that it all worked out. Not too surprising though because most veteran players within the EMC community are just like this... Serious, trying to help out, and if you make a mistake you fess up and try to work it out.

Loving it :)
    We3_MPO likes this.
  15. This. To be honest, I have never really understood players spawning Withers in the Frontier to begin with, unless they have a pampered kill chamber set up.

If you plan to go chasing a Wither down underground or throwing one down quickly, the Wastelands and deep underground in the Overworld is your best bet. Even if it escapes, oh well - no you don't really want a Wither rampaging in the Wastelands either, but it's a lot less hazardous than in frontier. Case and point, see my previous tale of me turning a spawn area into a warzone... Which happened because the Wither decided he didn't like Marlix's bat, and Marlix's bat can't take damage, so they just kept fighting at each other but also couldn't hurt each other because both are undead mobs....
    We3_MPO likes this.