how is EMC's Town implemented?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by taleden, Feb 12, 2022.

1. I'm wondering if EMC's Town world features (residences, permissions, block protection, etc) are based on publicly available server plugins, or is it entirely custom? I found the EmpireCraft github repo, but didn't see anything about residences there for example.

I ask because my kid and a few of my friends' kids are getting old enough now to get into Minecraft, and I'd love to set them up their own server similar to EMC, where they could each have their own private protected build space but could still visit each other and go out into the wilderness adventuring together.

I've seen a few popular plugins that look like they might offer similar features, like Towny and Multiverse, but I figured I'd ask in case there's something better that EMC uses (or if EMC's own implementation is open source, that would be even better :)).
    607 likes this.
  2. EMC is entirely custom with the exception of stuff like WorldEdit, Multiverse-Core, etc. EmpireCraft is EMC's Paper fork, whereas Empire is the plugin that has all of the actual features. EmpireCraft is open source; Empire is not.
    BreezyMan, Egeau and 607 like this.
  3. Of course you could also refer them to EMC. :D
    BreezyMan and Fred_TWK like this.
  4. There are plenty of town plots available around my part of smp3 that are next to each other.
    BreezyMan likes this.
  5. It's based on plugins mostly. Like WorldEdit, Paper (patch tnt duper) but customzied and folked.
    It have special code for allocate perms for each player. Just like bedrock version permission mangament (pause screen in bedrock) for 60x60 plot in smp or utopia is 120x120 but instead of admin, it have operator but it result same
  6. How do you know this? I was under the impression that a lot of code was original, and not based on a plugin from another 3rd party.
    W1therRex likes this.
  7. i researched alot and found thing which not avalibe in pure vallina server, such as unable to bungeecord and have a single world only, also it never reset. You can relaize pure vallina server doesn't have dynamic permissions sharing (permission ex plugins), it just lock out 1 person (the owner which create server ) permanently.
    Moreover, pure vallina server new player will have nothing, and will teleport directly to spawn point without tutorial. Pvp is enabled readgress you want it or not because player is a mob but smart, because of this, pure vallina player still able to make accident hit other player, set them on fire, or make them die.
    Another point is player drops when died. Player drop ALL contents and it will act as regular item only, mean it can be picked up by other players, burn when dropped into lava or fire or any explosions, or despawn within 5 min with loaded chunk
  8. It's obvious that EMC is not vanilla, and also pretty clear that it has modifications from vanilla that other servers have too. However, it does not follow from that that EMC uses the same plugins that other servers do.