How do I find a nether tunnel owner?

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by dstrout, Jan 14, 2017.

1. I recently ran into a very long nether tunnel while building some of my own. It looks like it runs all the way to the EMC outpost from well beyond my outpost. Score!

But, there's no rails in it. By my calculations it would take about 20 stacks of rails (plus matching slabs, etc) to rail the section from EMC outpost to me. I'm willing to donate all the materials and even install the rails, but I do not want to go mucking with a tunnel that someone obviously spent alot of time building without first talking to them to see if its OK.

How do I find the person / group that "owns" the tunnel? I wasn't sure if it was OK to post its location without asking, either, so I'm asking in a more general way.

thanks!
  2. Send a pm to Snr Staff and ask them if they can check who it may be, but depending on how old it is they may not be able to say.

You could also place a sign in the tunnel one that cannot be missed asking permission, they could leave a message on the sign or send you a pm on the website. Give a few weeks and wait for a reply. I would say though that if it is a public tunnel you could end up with a lot of unwanted visitors to your base, although with the new anti-griefing system that should not be a problem now.

Hope that helps

ps what server?
    Equinox_Boss, 607, ShelLuser and 2 others like this.
  3. Good call! Silken already answered your question, but I still wanted to share that it is indeed best not to share Frontier coordinates in public. Especially when talking about areas like the one you mentioned which could have several unprotected regions (which can unfortunately attract griefers).

Sharing the server name and rough nether directions might be useful though so that players can recognize what you're talking about.
    Equinox_Boss, Silken_thread and 607 like this.
  4. Is it just a tunnel or is it a tunnel that's been decorated.
    What smp? why are making tunnels where tunnels already be? Connect, connect, connect. But the others were right. Do try to find the owner and if no owner can be found. Looks like you've got yourself a pre-mined tunnel. Congratulations.
    ShelLuser and Equinox_Boss like this.
  5. Sorry to be slow following up. It's on smp5, western outpost-ish. Doesn't matter so much - I dug my own and tracked it. Didn't feel like waiting, and the point about intersecting with a public tunnel brining unwanted grief was a good one.

I'm connecting portals, and in the end it would probably have cost me more track then digging my own anyway.

Nevertheless, thanks for the replies!
    Silken_thread and 607 like this.