How Did You Find EMC?!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by DorianPavus_, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Downloaded minecraft during winter break, called my friend over to help me with some weird thing I and found, he showed me this server. And yup :p I played here during update 1.6.2 so a few years ago, my other account is long gone so that's why I'm on this on. But my other one is over 1200 days last time I checked a few months ago
  2. I think two of the most common ways of finding EMC would be a server list or a friend suggesting it.
  3. My Sister Introduced me to EMC
  4. First someone advertized it on another server, then I saw it towards the top of minecraft-servers.org so I decided to check it out.
  5. I was looking for a server I felt comefortable with my kids using. It was my idea for them to try a server. I was googling something like top "Minecraft servers for kids", "family friendly Minecraft servers", etc. EMC kept popping up. I checked out the forum, went through the tutorial with my son & played a bit myself on his account (to see what the server was really like). 2 days later I bought my own Minecraft account just so I could play on EMC! Now my daughter has also gotten an account & joined, but I play more than both of them combined ;).
  6. Me and a friend (Djozane here, he doesn't play anymore though) were messing around in lesson and started talking about Minecraft. He asked me if I wanted to play with him, I was like 'sure', and he gave me the ip to smp3. I logged on that night and I've done that in some way pretty much everyday since then. I don't talk to him as much anymore (I'll make like, the occasional comment to him, I haven't had a full-on conversation in like, 2 years), but I'm hoping once I leave school and finish up my GCSEs and go to college I'll start Skyping with him or something again.
  7. Back when I was a single player Minecrafter I decided I wanted to find a server to play on. I wasn't very smart when it comes to
    Server lists and such so I ended up copying the ip from a random YouTube video About minecraft.
  8. Making the move from a faction to a survival server. Got a list of them and then tested them out. What attracted me was seeing all the wonderful builds in town. That there was a shop that had a good selection. And that it was run by adults.
    Nickblockmaster likes this.
  9. This nerd named Luckygreenbird spent a whole 3 seconds bugging me to check it out. Master manipulater, that one.
  10. I was randomly searching if bats despawned one fateful March Night, and a thread asking about Bats despawning in town came up, I don't know why I did, but when I saw the ip, I decided to join it.

Who would've known I would still be here a year later
  11. i used to play on a small non-pvp server, and had a few friends on there, but then, the owners vanished and the server was shut down, and then i was looking for a non-pvp server, and found that emc was only a few months old, so i joined, and never left :p
  12. I was thinking that I should get my sister to make a minecraft account ( she is using Pixel_Cat23 on her servers, i let her use that account so i use Little_Pixel_Pig ) and see if she likes EMC :D
  13. I think I just googled non-PvP minecraft servers and flicked through a few before finding EMC.
  14. A minecraft server website. :)
  15. Mine is somewhat of a funny story actually... I always vote for the server I play on, and my last server was no exception. And voting got you a reward, same as on the Empire. I lost interest in the server because the upgrade to 1.8 also included a complete map wipe. So I figured that if I had to start all over then what exactly was keeping me to that place?

So I used the exact same voting site on which I voted, but this time to find another server. One prime requirement: no (mandatory) PvP. My last server had turned the Nether into a PvP area and well.. Direct result was that most players avoided it.

I set up some search requirements and, true story, I started to search from the bottom. Because I figured that the top entries were most likely either sponsored or "attention magnets". Meaning: lots of mini games and all that, while all I wanted was a server where I could play survival, and optionally a bit more.

Somewhere down the bottom was EMC (7th or 8th place or so) and the banner appealed to me. Esp. the "no pvp" part. I hopped in, discovered the tutorial and right then and there I was pretty sure that I found my new server. It's been more than a year now and I never played on another server.
    Little_Pixel_Pig likes this.