Hoping EMC gets to 1.13

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Windylava, Jan 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. you can report certain tags. the +shop and +mall tags specifically. https://empireminecraft.com/wiki/residence-tags/#inactive-tags

With that being said, please don't report a whole bunch - as the staff will be cleaning those up in the next couple days - as suggested here.
  2. Yeah.. I have to go down to difficulty 1 or 2 to get a normal Survival experience.
    This. This is what we need.
    We also need this. I find that there are quite a few items that I am unable to find stocked in normal player shops and I would be willing to pay much more than market price if it means I can save hours on projects I am doing.
  3. I would love to hear about your survival experiences and where tweaking needs to happen. I do feel it is slightly off topic here. Then also specific examples. Vague details are difficult to reproduce (so we know when it is fixed)
    ttyler333 and MoreMoople like this.
  4. The vast majority of minigame servers are still running 1.8 under the hood. 1.8 was a great stable release, 1.13 (and many of the other recent updates) sadly aren't.

Don't think of them as having 20000 players on either, think of them having 1000 servers with 20 players on. It's not quite that clear cut, but that's the general idea.

When it comes to performance stuff, minigame servers (generally) get it a bit easier than survival servers. With such a limited area and scenarios, there's less for Mojang to mess up with.
  5. Some one in trouble lol
    MoreMoople and Eviltoade like this.
  6. Actually, wouldn't a Vault like page with tags be an idea? Just type something like "/visit overview [tag] <tag>"
    to open a vault-like page with all the res # that have such a tag? The secondary (and so on) tag(s) would allow for multitag search.
  7. Windy lava if you wouldn't mind can i say my idea?

I think the emc shop should come back but with raised prices like double what you would pay for player based shops

Like say eviltoad sells 64 dirt for 64r emc shop would sell it for 128r
    ttyler333 likes this.
  8. We are never getting 1.13 tbh
  9. Oh my gosh, yes. Recently, I've heard many complaints saying that "[So and so smp] is dead, I remember back in the days when we had an active community but now everyone has left", and this would solve that issue with one fell swoop. +As many plusses as I can give

Yes we are, we just need to be patient.
  10. I do like this idea! Anyone remember runescape when it's shops bought items but paid low and sold for high. Thats a great concept to have here.

I would like to see some daily market quests or something to add Quest points? Such as sell 128 stone to emc shop. That'd also revitalize the economy a bit.
    Windylava, Esrik and FadedMartian like this.
  11. I would like to point out that Toade's idea of working on Empires and Landclaiming is completely a valid suggestion, as the 1.13 update I have a strong feeling is still got at least 3 to 5 months before EMC update... knowing its already been quite a while since 1.13 has come out... I think the reasoning for EMC not updating to 1.13 is valid of course, but I do not believe that is a vaild excuse IMO to halt all development of EMC.
    HazardousCode and roblikescake like this.
  12. Sorry im getting off topic but a waste reset?

Definitely needed
    HazardousCode likes this.
  13. That amount varies by person though.
    e.g., according to azoundria's website, TheFroon sells diamonds for 90r each. However, Jelle68 sells diamonds for 107r each. So which would be the EMC shop price? 180r, 214r, or some other number?
  14. Youre thinking too far into it. They could buy for 100r and sell for 200r. Nice numbers not related to anything market related.
  15. When the original empire shop was still around, this is exactly what it is (with the exception of not purchasing items from players, only selling them). One of its most basic function was to provide an arbitrarily high value for certain items as a cap on the market value, ensuring that inflation would never go crazy and all items would remain below the empire shop price in player run stores.
  16. For my harbour builds I am truly looking forward to the update, but as irl am content to wait, as it will come.

Patience you must have young padawans.
  17. I respectfully accept how you might view the situation in that light. However, for the "regular" players on EMC that is just not the case. IT would solve alot of problems. Honestly I'm exhausted from repeating 2+2=4. In regards to there being "more player shops" I'm sorry but that is also incorrect and misleading. There may be a couple of shop with like 10 or 20 signs but attached to them are empty chests on abandoned lots. If I must I waste my time proving it with countless screenshot after screenshot. I've heard these arguments always and they just don't solve the problem. The Empire shop existed for a long time and as someone who runs one of remaining mega-malls on EMC I'm not exaggerating. I really don't know what more I can do to prove this fact.

I respectfully and whole-heartily (as many others do) with your argument. :3
  18. Question as a follow-up:
    You indicated that you'd like to see at minimum a bare-bones EMC Shop.
    Got a list of items you'd want to see?
    Windylava likes this.
  19. Cake.

For emergencies, obviously.
  20. And waffles... Gotta have waffles, right!?

(*Uses magical waffle powers to add waffles in vanilla Minecraft*)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.