[Hiring] Miners (~8k/hr)

Discussion in 'Player Jobs Available' started by azoundria, Oct 2, 2014.

1. I'll probably try this out soon - expect an application some time in the next few days :)
  2. We need miners, or activity from the current miners. Azoundria has set up new achievements in the form of ranks and a top weekly stats page. This mining operation really is amazing.
  3. I would apply if I didnt lose access to /v 2000.

Im literally there everyday. Todd has everything I need :p

Maybe set them up on other smps... maybe.... :p
  4. That would require a LOT of work. This isn't just a mining base or small operation. It is, as I said earlier, amazing. I can't imagine the time that went into setting it up, azoundria is very talented though so it might be less than I think. You wouldn't lose access either it probably takes less than ten minutes to get back to town and most of that is an afk trip... although azoundria advises leaving your smp1 character at the mine which seems to me like an unreasonable scenario for pretty much anyone. It's also super easy to get back, like I said its almost all an afk trip.

/v +budha(smp7) has pretty much everything that /v 2000 does except we tend to run out of quartz and obsidian slightly more often and haven't delved into promos or ebooks at all yet. I get my books on smp6 anyways, /v +books ;-)
  5. Thanks for letting me know, about to do an app.
  6. Miner Application
    --Basics--
    Username: AmusedStew
    Days On EMC: 1105
    Primary SMP: smp2/Utopia

--Equipment--
    What pickaxes do you have already? All of them :)
    What armour do you have already? P4/U3, Although I usually just use normal diamond armor. I hardly ever die. Ever.

--Comprehension--
    What mod do we use to speed up mining? AutoSwitch
    What are the 3 Ls for passages above? Level, Lit, Lava-Free
    What is the deposit to start mining and what does it cover? 12k, it covers the three pickaxes that you need
    How many blocks between each hall with chests? 250
    What do you do with mined goods? Put your stuff in the minecart and submit a report
    What do you have to worry about when filling in holes after mining ores? Make sure it is level for fast movement, no pits to fall in and get stuck, and light areas to prevent mob spawns.

--Experience--
    What ores can you expect to find in a mine? Iron, Redstone, Emerald, Diamond, Lapis, Coal, Gold
    How can you quickly neutralize a pool of lava? I usually pop a bucket of water and let ti flow over the lava to make it flat and then continue, or place dirt/cobble in to get rid of it.
    What can you do to quickly mine through the top layer of obsidian? Use the fastest pick you have, pop down a water bucket to make sure you dont burn or the obsidian dont burn, and then mine to your hearts content.
    What should you do if you fall into a pool of lava? I usually carry a fire resist potion for those moments so that I wont die.
    What should you do in a situation where you are swarmed with mobs and almost dead? If I am almost die, RUN. If I cannot run nowhere, log off and log back on and hope they go bye bye. : )
    What should be done before mining diamonds? Dig completely around them, make sure no lava is near or mobs for that matter. Creepers have taken my diamonds before.
    Should you ever mine the block above/below you? No, you have the risk of falling in lava or lava pouring onto you. (There are safe ways to do it, but I do not bother either way).

--Availability--
    When are you available for training? (Give a few possible times.) Usually around 3-9PM EMC Time.
    How often do you expect to be mining each week? (For planning purposes, there's no required level of activity.) Not much, this will mainly be something I can do when I have nothing else to do. (Other projects can become more important than mining :p)
    Do you any specific financial goal? 1,000,000r. Once I hit that, I will be happy : )
    Is there anything you hope to get out of using the mine specifically? Relaxation
  7. I lOVE the new rankings and the weekly top stats.
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  8. Never mind I figured it out :p
  9. Miner Application
    --Basics--
    Username: Chief_McCloud
    Days On EMC: 178
    Primary SMP: smp7
    --Equipment--
    What pickaxes do you have already? All of them
    What armour do you have already? Diamond, if I want it, but will use Iron

--Comprehension--
    What mod do we use to speed up mining? Stocked Chests
    What are the 3 Ls for passages above? Lighted, level and (Sometimes) lava free
    What is the deposit to start mining and what does it cover? 12k
    How many blocks between each hall with chests? 250
    What do you do with mined goods? put in minecarts
    What do you have to worry about when filling in holes after mining ores? Mobs spawns, pit traps, and caves with light movement.

--Experience--
    What ores can you expect to find in a mine? Iron, redstone, Lapis lazuli, coal, diamond, gold and tin, f you look hard enough :)
    How can you quickly neutralize a pool of lava? lots of bocks/water bucket
    What can you do to quickly mine through the top layer of obsidian? diamond picaxe
    What should you do if you fall into a pool of lava? water everywhere
    What should you do in a situation where you are swarmed with mobs and almost dead? hole up, and or get help.
    What should be done before mining diamonds? check the area for lava
    Should you ever mine the block above/below you? NOOOO

--Availability--
    When are you available for training? (Give a few possible times.) Wednesday for sure, Tuesday, sometimes, Always availiable on weekends/3:00 Michigan time
    How often do you expect to be mining each week? (For planning purposes, there's no required level of activity.) 4-5 hours
    Do you any specific financial goal? get another ESCD
    Is there anything you hope to get out of using the mine specifically Money for a beacon and an ESCD, or to start in the promos buisness
  10. Miner Application
    --Basics--
    Username: clan23
    Days On EMC: 1297 days
    Primary SMP: Smp9

--Equipment--
    What pickaxes do you have already?
    -Efficiency 4, un-breaking 3, fortune 3 diamond
    What armour do you have already?
    -Protection 2 iron gear because I am rationing diamonds.
    --Comprehension--
    What mod do we use to speed up mining?
    -AutoSwitch
    What are the 3 Ls for passages above?
    -Lighted, level, & lava free
    What is the deposit to start mining and what does it cover?
    -12k to cover pickaxes and greifers
    How many blocks between each hall with chests?
    -250 Blocks
    What do you do with mined goods?
    -Put them in chests set around the mine. When finished mining, in the mine carts
    What do you have to worry about when filling in holes after mining ores?
    -Pits, mobs, and lava lakes you might of passed.

--Experience--
    What ores can you expect to find in a mine?
    -Coal, Iron, Gold, Lapis Lazuli, Redstone, Diamond, & Emeralds.
    How can you quickly neutralize a pool of lava?
    -Pouring water on it to create obsidian
    What can you do to quickly mine through the top layer of obsidian?
    -Have water around the obsidian
    What should you do if you fall into a pool of lava?
    -Drink a fire resistance potion. If not available, swim out quickly and use a bucket of water.
    What should you do in a situation where you are swarmed with mobs and almost dead?
    -Barricade yourself in a hole and eat to regenerate your health
    What should be done before mining diamonds?
    -Check for lava, or more ore
    Should you ever mine the block above/below you?
    -No, either lava or gravel will get you

--Availability--
    When are you available for training?
    -On often around 6pm to 12am Mountain time.
    How often do you expect to be mining each week?
    -At least 4 times a week
    Do you any specific financial goal?
    -To gain a 1m rupees
    Is there anything you hope to get out of using the mine specifically?
    -Ores and some new friends :)
  11. Two things, if you mine 4 times a week for an hour you are looking at something like 36k+ a week, which from our conversations is very nice for you.

Second, you don't get ores, you get rupees, azoundria gets ores. A common misconception when I talk to people about this mine... one I didn't think you would think considering you already snuck out there and got to see how about it works. KINDA
  12. Out of curiosity, what was the most valuable run ever made(obviously not including my digging the main shaft out.)
  13. I got 1200r once. I think that puts me pretty high up there!
  14. Total earned: 140219
    Runs: 34
    140219/34=4124 average run. Thats average ;-) It's probably closer to 3.4 because I mined out one of the main shafts really far so it throws the numbers off by quite a bit.

Before the main shaft I had roughly 102,000 r/30(I think)runs which is 3.4 abouts.

Also, posted this almost a month ago:

PS:

I have not lost one pickaxe since I started mining in the mine so that doesn't really seem to apply at this point :p Still have the exact same pick I started with. About two months... so even if I lost it now the point would be moot(we were discussing why there is no reason to use effIV :p)
    AmusedStew likes this.
  15. The most valuable report ever filed was for 16,268r. That was your report when you built the hall.

The most valuable report ever submitted for a run was 7,416r. That's also yours. The third and fourth are also yours. Penniopolis holds the fifth highest report at 6,782r.

This would be an excellent chart to make actually. :p I'll put it on my todo list for the future.
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  16. This seems to psuedo-support my psuedo-math in the message I sent you:

Looking at the numbers from penniopolis, it makes me curious if you keep data on the r/hr over all reports that we submit. To me it seems like he is the only one close to me. This is assuming he is doing 4 runs an hour roughly and I'm doing 2.33333 runs an hour. My calculations are purely speculative when it comes to penni and round about guesses when it comes to me. I'm almost certain that no one else has even approached the 10k/hr average over all reports that I would GUESS that penni and I are hovering around. Maybe both estimates are a bit... hopeful and its closer to actually being 8.5-9k either way I still think we are outdoing the rest of the miners in that respect: r/hr that is. It would also appear that out of all the others that you are closest to matching us. With everyone else lagging behind by a bit.
  17. Almost done with mining out the THIRD shaft. Putting in new stations and expanding the mine makes sure that we all have room to mine. Previously we were running out of room. Now, we have considerably more space to spread out. I will work on, and finish the third shaft tomorrow. Perhaps I will have enough time to get some of the fourth done as well. In case you are wondering, I am counting from the eastern most shaft that extends all the way to the northern border. I understand there are a few smaller shafts further east than those. I only got four more stations put in today and found that the stations I put in on the "second" shaft all need iron and some need wood. I will fix that tomorrow when finishing the third shaft.
  18. In response to the recent griefing and partly as a result of inflation, I am increasing the initial deposit to 14k. This change will take effect as of May 12th, and apply to anyone who applies after that date.

I am updating any references to the deposit amount ahead of time to ensure I don't miss any.
    purplebook163 and Gawadrolt like this.
  19. So... due to 1.8(can you blame me?) I got absolutely no work done in the mine. Good luck with getting everything updated azoundria. Please let us know if there are any problems :D
  20. The mines are still here and operational, and rates have been increased to match the market on many items (so you can earn even more). Hoping to train and hire a few new miners this weekend!