[Hiring] Miners (~8k/hr)

Discussion in 'Player Jobs Available' started by azoundria, Oct 2, 2014.

1. I've only just started but so far I have seen that this is well organized and everyone I have met has been very friendly, just what you would expect on Empire. I've made over 6k and have worked for less than 3 hours. If you are considering, I highly recommend that you come check it out.
    purplebook163 likes this.
  2. This is a very well organized and thought out organization, mining has never been so easy on minecraft, and now you can make alot of rupees in the process! I recomend this to anyone, even if you dont need the rupees, its a great place to spend some time!
  3. Based on what I've achieved myself using my same system and what others have achieved, I can say that your earnings per hour can be vastly improved (and potentially more than tripled) using various mining techniques to minimize downtime (time where you aren't mining anything).
  4. Miner Application
    --Basics--
    Username: aus666
    Days On EMC: 24
    Primary SMP: SMP9

--Equipment--
    What pickaxes do you have already? Starter Pickaxe
    What armour do you have already? leather armour

--Comprehension--
    What mod do we use to speed up mining?AutoSwitch
    What are the 3 Ls for passages above?Lighted, level, and lava free
    What is the deposit to start mining and what does it cover?The 12k covers pickaxes, and is used in case someone comes to grief the mine
    How many blocks between each hall with chests?250 metres
    What do you do with mined goods?Put them in a chest and report it to you
    What do you have to worry about when filling in holes after mining ores?Mob spawns, pit traps, and pits that can slow movement

--Experience--
    What ores can you expect to find in a mine?cole, redstone, diamond, emeralds, iron, gold, lapis lazuli
    How can you quickly neutralize a pool of lava?with a bucket of water
    What can you do to quickly mine through the top layer of obsidian?Make sure there is water over the block you're mining
    What should you do if you fall into a pool of lava? Drink a fire resistance potion
    What should you do in a situation where you are swarmed with mobs and almost dead?surround yourself in cobblestone, place torches and regenerate health
    What should be done before mining diamonds?make sure your using a diamond, iron or gold pick and check a block near it that you can mine for lava
    Should you ever mine the block above/below you? never

--Availability--
    When are you available for training? (Give a few possible times.) early morning and late night
    How often do you expect to be mining each week? (For planning purposes, there's no required level of activity.) 4
    Do you any specific financial goal? yes mine at least 1000 blocks
    Is there anything you hope to get out of using the mine specifically?diamonds

5. sry days on emc 147
  6. I have been slowly perfecting the config of the autoswitch mod and I hope I got it right this time. I couldn't have my Diamond efficiency pick that I use for obsidian in my toolbar while mining stone which was frustrating. I also use Zyin's Hud as it has a torch aid feature that will place a torch when you right click while holding a tool.
  7. Auto Switch has a configuration file which you can use to allocate which blocks are mined with silk. I generally prefer to get cobblestone because of all the XP from smelting (how I have so many pickaxes). I'll try to find the exact directory for it. "In the main minecraft menu, click mods. Then, click AutoSwitch from the scrolling list on the left. Click config. The overrides file has instructions on the inside."
  8. The issue I had was that when I went to mine stone with my iron pickaxe it would choose my diamond efficiency 5 pickaxe instead. So I kept having to move the special pick off my toolbar. Hopefully the changes I made to the config file will fix this. Going to test it out at today's gathering.
  9. AutoSwitch has a specific feature for that too. (By default it chooses the fastest pickaxe, but if you want the slowest one it can do that too.) I can't remember the command for that and I can't find it right now but I know I set it at one point.

If you are mining with an iron pickaxe that would slow you down quite a bit too, and result in your earning a fair amount less (since it takes quite a bit longer). I usually use Efficiency III/IV since you almost always get them from a level 30 enchantment and it's very close to the speed of Efficiency V. The key is to think of your time as having a value too, and making new enchanted diamond pickaxes is pretty easy using the enchanting tables at every second station.
  10. Either you don't remember what happened or you're simply choosing to ignore it hoping I've forgotten.

If you don't remember I suggest you check your chat history from November 8th, 2014 for a refresher.
  11. This mine sounds like the ones I make in /waste. I would be very interested to join the team. Also, if you are using anything below eff5 picks you are wasting precious time and thus money. Just a tip for those using eff4 picks or anything else for mining... well anything.

Miner Application
    --Basics--
    Username:Gawadrolt
    Days On EMC: About 45
    Primary SMP: SMP 7

--Equipment--
    What pickaxes do you have already? 2 eff5 unbr 3 picks, fort3 unbr3, silk unbr3
    What armour do you have already? voters head/feet diamond chest/legs(I only use my prot 4 for pvp as mobs are weak sauce

--Comprehension--
    What mod do we use to speed up mining? AutoSwitch, which I am installing now, looks cool but by no means necessary?
    What are the 3 Ls for passages above? Level, Lit, Lava Free sounds perfect. I mine usually at y=6 to y=11 so im familiar with lava
    What is the deposit to start mining and what does it cover? 12k some gear I iirc
    How many blocks between each hall with chests? 250
    What do you do with mined goods? Deposit in chest and give you report
    What do you have to worry about when filling in holes after mining ores? Mob spawns, others getting trapped or falling

--Experience--
    What ores can you expect to find in a mine? Coal, Iron, Redstone, Gold, Diamond, Lapiz, and Emeralds
    How can you quickly neutralize a pool of lava? Place a block where the lave is, pour water on it
    What can you do to quickly mine through the top layer of obsidian? Place water on top of it(never thought of this before... brilliant)
    What should you do if you fall into a pool of lava? Drink fire resistance get out of lava, do NOT pour water or you can suffocate, get out first!
    What should you do in a situation where you are swarmed with mobs and almost dead? drink pots, cut off the tunnel by blocking it, kill the mobs
    What should be done before mining diamonds? Mine around them to check for lava
    Should you ever mine the block above/below you? Really?

--Availability--
    When are you available for training? (Give a few possible times.) Schedule is tentative. I will get next weeks schedule tomorrow and let ya know
    How often do you expect to be mining each week? (For planning purposes, there's no required level of activity.) I plan on doing this part time as I have many many projects going on in EMC. I think 2-3 hours a week minimum would be easily doable.
    Do you any specific financial goal? I have rupees, this will just make me lazy about being creative about getting more. lol
    Is there anything you hope to get out of using the mine specifically? Contribute to the mine, make rupees without having to put much intellectual effort. rupee farm... I mean that is the point right? :D
  12. Some miners choose efficiency 5 and I'm fine with this. If you actually crunch the numbers placing the value of time at something reasonable (for illustration I'll use 10k/hr), you'll see the total savings are not a significant value.

At Eff IV, the time to break stone is 0.09835664s. At Eff V, it's 0.07582210s. The difference is 0.02253453s. There are 1562 * 3 uses of a unbreaking 3 pickaxe, meaning the total time saved compared to Eff IV is 105.5968431s, aka, less than 2 minutes per pickaxe. At 10k/hr, the value of that savings is ~293r.

If we assume every block is obsidian, the difference is 3.2779720s - 2.5269542s = 0.75101782s. Using the same 4,686 average uses at 10k/hr, we get a value of 3519.2695045s, or just under 1 hour, which is worth ~9,776r. So if you can produce Eff V cheaper than ~9,776r, and only mine entirely obsidian, it may be worth it.
  13. I don't mine just obsidian but that helps. Haste also increases that gap, I don't have all the numbers(kudos for presenting such) initial investment for eff5 is like 3-4k so it is pretty cheap anyways and you don't have to spend anything additional other than a few levels to repair it in the future, which personally I seem to always have plenty of. I admit that my time in MC hasn't been that long so I may be completely off base but my experience thus far seems to prove to me that there is no reason not to get eff 5. you may say 2 minutes an hour is not much but in the past month and a half I have probably mined for @15 hours a week multiplied by roughly 6 comes to 90 multiplied by 2 for both minutes is a very impressive 3 hours saved in just a month and a half. That's assuming the 2 minutes is correct which I doubt since I think you used stone as your constant in that formula. Which may be overwhelmingly correct but the variation over just a month and a half could add another 30-40minutes of saved time mining.

edit: I'm not going to rewrite the whole thing but your post said per pickaxe... Which completely ruins my math XD I suspect it would take a bit longer than an hour to get my pick to break. Although with the numbers you presented, 1562 uses * 3 and .075 seconds that doesn't make sense at all. as 1562*3=4689 uses (im assuming this is what you meant. With breaking stone at .0758(this seems entirely too fast) it would mean that 4689 uses would take only 4689*.0758=355 seconds unless I'm messing that up as well. which is 6 minutes...
  14. 93 days as of right now :eek:
    Evesthery and Gawadrolt like this.
  15. For my numbers, I am comparing Efficiency IV and Efficiency V. As such, only the difference in speed is what counts. (The 0.02253453s/block.) That's the time saved by using Eff V.

Haste increases the speed by 20% per level. Both the speed at eff IV and eff V will be increased by 20%, and by simple algebra, so will the difference. (a*0.8)-(b*0.8) = ((a-b)*0.8) The time to break stone with Eff IV becomes 0.078685312s, while Eff V becomes 0.06065768s. The difference is now 0.018027632s, a smaller number by 20%. Thus, with each level of haste buff, the value of Eff V will be 20% less.

Your choice of pickaxe is completely yours and many miners use Eff V. I've added anvils to every station to support miners who use efficiency V. My use of Eff IV is mainly due to how easy they are to create (practically every time I get to level 30). Eff V, on the other hand, I have to use an anvil to combine two different pickaxes, at an additional expense on top of the XP to make both pickaxes. I need to be able to craft a lot of pickaxes for spares for myself and for everyone who joins the team, so it doesn't really make sense to spend more than twice as long on each.
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  16. I didn't think about making pickaxes myself. I also didn't think about supplying the eff IV pickaxes to the team, I suppose I didn't catch that. Mass supply would be much more difficult and I haven't personally made a pick myself, just bought them and/or bought the books. Thanks for all the info!!