Help

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Kephras, Feb 28, 2018.

1. I need EMC's help. Things have happened in the last few months that have ground me down into the dirt, mentally and emotionally, and I'm left feeling very lost, fragile, and abused. The details aren't important - suffice to say, I know no better community than EMC and can think of nowhere else to turn.

Don't worry, this isn't a plea for money. The only help I'm asking for is to find the "heart" of EMC again, and sit by it a while. Discussion, jokes, banter, that sense of love & support that has made this place feel like so much more than a simple game server. I've tried finding such threads on my own, but I'm... rather terrible at it. (Seems like the only acitve threads these days are auctions, buying/selling ones, or simple forum games, which are cute but not meant for any kind of discussion topic). So, I suppose I'm trying to make one instead.

Share a thought, a joke, a favorite memory, or something you did in EMC recently - whatever you feel is worth discussing. There's no specific topic here, just your local book-tiger seeking balm for a wounded soul.
  2. *And because I have a feeling some people will ask - no, Marie and I did not break up. We're doing just fine. Other than the mental exhaustion that comes of doing night shift for six months straight (and which I am finally done with), real life is in pretty good shape overall. Just a lot of internal turmoil I'm trying to work through - and the community of EMC is what amounts to "Chicken Soup for the Soul" in my case.
  3. What did baby corn say to mommy corn?

Where's popcorn?

Okay --- Hey, I'm sorry about what's going on. I don't really know you that well, but I kind of want to. If I sent you a book and quill, would you write something and sign it for me? :D
  4. I think this thread can become quite interesting :). I'll go with a joke because I don't want to type out big essays on phone :p

What is the difference between a snowman and a snowwoman?

Snowballs

... I'll see myself out

Also, I hope you'll feel better again soon! After all rain comes sunshine ;)
    Patr1cV, Sazukemono, 607 and 6 others like this.
  5. Kephy, my best architectural and 'writer of magic' friend!

It saddens me to read you're feeling down. We're here for you!

I will forever remember our 'come and take a look at my new architectural marvel'-meetings on whichever SMP we'd built something new of epic proportions.

House tours galore!

Keph, you are still one of my best pals on EMC! Let's build mental things of epic proportions again! get your mind on better things!

All hugs from a very (very, very, very-)cold Netherlands,

~Ecli
    607, Jelle68, crystaldragon13 and 3 others like this.
  6. Two strings walk into a bar. The first one is told 'We don't serve your kind here' And is removed from the bar. The second string hurries into the bathroom and messes up his hair a bit so they don't know it's him. He comes out and asks for a drink, and the bar tender says 'Are you a string too?' 'No, I'm afrayed knot.'
  7. Dude, whatever you've been going through, we're all here for you.
    As for jokes:
    On the other hand, you have different fingers.
    I went to a place to eat. The sign said "breakfast at any time". So I ordered French toast in the Reneissance.
    Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while, I was a suspect.
    I had a hot dog for breakfast today. Afterwards I felt like this *swings stool around room* Because I couldn't control my stools.
    All credit to Steven Wright and Bo Burnham.
    (praise be Bo)
  8. and for jokes:
  9. I don't see why not, though I don't pop in-game all that frequently (may have to up my appearances from "semi-annual" to at least "monthly" though). Will try to remember the next time I log in.
    ...pretty sure I didn't even check my mail the last time, had like 60-some messages all piled up.

I'd say you should be ashamed, but the trouble with having BurgerKnight as a friend means my tolerance for horrible jokes is substantially higher than it used to be. Also, I'd have a reply, but that might quickly veer into territories not suitable for EMC (or work).

Either way, thanks for the humor.
    Sazukemono, 607, Jelle68 and 4 others like this.
  10. OOHHHH!!! I'll take everything in your mail! xD I really, really would. LOL. Okay.

Hey---Thanks for the response. I wish you luck! :D
    ALSO - I see you have a bookstore, is it still in business? :D I love books!
    crystaldragon13 and Kephras like this.
  11. Why does Khajiit ALWAYS have coin? Why doesn’t he just give it all to me for all the great and heroic stuff I do? (Ignoring the unintentional chicken killing that lead to a great battle for Falkreath. >_> Stupid chickens) And most importantly, how does Khajiit not smell the giant, fire breathing, all consuming death dragon lurking right behind him and staring at him like he’s the next big feast? Hope ya feel better Keph! You’re the best tiger/Khajiit there is! :p :D
  12. I remember. It's a shame we never found a creative server to coordinate on, I suspect we'd have cooked up some marvelous builds that way. As it stands, Minecraft hasn't appealed to me in a long time (see: previous attempt to "quit" EMC a while back), and I just don't have the interest anymore. Empyrion is more my speed these days:

But that's also part of the "problem," so I might be better off looking for some alternatives - if you know a good voxel game that lets you paint & texture blocks, build ships and bases, and has at least a semi-realisitic art style, by all means, please clue me in.

Ugh. :confused: Dad was telling me that one at least twenty-five years ago.
    ...god I feel old.
    But... I have paws?
    I doubt you'd be interested. It's mostly boring vote-stuff like diamonds/emeralds, vault, and stable vouchers.
    TTB is still "open" in the sense that the res hasn't closed. I haven't checked inventory in forever, but if I'm out of stock on anything, shoot me a PM here and I'll see about printing up a few more copies.
  13. I shall commence my quest to find:

EDIT: Well ofcourse theres 'Planet Nomads' and 'Astroneers' for starters
    607, crystaldragon13 and Kephras like this.
  14. Well at least I dusted off the cob webs eh?
  15. Secret to Ra'Shirr's success: no one can sneak up on you if you sneak up on them first.
    Also, luring idiot bandits into your fire-runes with a shiny Magelight never gets old.
    Never.
  16. in addition: why not try Tekkit? (is that still alive?)
    crystaldragon13 likes this.
  17. What do you call someone from the midwest U.S. who gets on your nerves constantly?
    Illinoising
  18. I can relate to this, and I know you're just looking for fun chat and are saying you're exhausted, but... ah, well. I can't help myself. I like to talk, about anything at all, and talking about stuff we can relate to seems more effective. :oops:

Disclaimer though: No, I'm not depressed or super down and out or anything, at least, not anymore. I've been doing really well lately. Since February 1st or so I've been really working on bettering myself and my mental state and it's been going really well.

Now to what I was going to say... In Summer 2017, my dad had a bad motorcycle accident that meant he had to get his right foot amputated, including his ankle and a fair amount of his shin. It's been a rollercoaster since then and things have only recently calmed down, but over the winter, we had a lot of snow. I was stuck inside and alone a lot of those days and I don't have a license, I don't have a job. I just sat around the house... Playing Ark and occasionally getting on EMC. And while that sounds great, I don't like just lying around and doing nothing, especially not for days at a time. I had a little too long to myself, had a few mistakes I made online bite me in the butt, and I just kind of shut down. (While I don't have a license, I was working on driver's education at the time, which was stressing me out big time.) Fast forward a little while of existing like a nervous wreck constantly, I asked to step down and get my life together... and now roughly 25 days later I'm feeling so much better.

How? I dunno. I guess the lesser amount of stress helped me along. But my point in that story is that I kinda know the emotional curves and sometimes I just sink into that thought for... well. I'm not even sure why, it just kinda happens. So, yeah. Um, did that help at all? Probably not, but... discsucsiion! (No, I won't fix that, I typed it that way and I'm that impressed with how badly I messed it up I don't want to fix it.)

On a TOTALLY UNRELATED topic... (like how you asked me to in the OP)... Um... Do you know Invader Zim? Did you like it at all? If so, it's getting a direct to TV movie this year... um, hype?
  19. Its nearly midnight and I wanted to do a quick check on the forums before hopping into bed.

What did I just watch

I am curious to what my dreams will be like tonight :p