Help

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Kephras, Feb 28, 2018.

1. -Tekkit: Still basically just Minecraft, with extra stuff.
    -Astroneer: Far too cartoony, not really "voxel" construction but prefab meshes.
    -Planet Nomads: Could be fun? Seems to lack the "texture/paint" aspect to building, but it's also still Early Access.
    -Space Engineers: Ick.
    -Dual Universe: Had potential, but regrettably it also seems to be a PvP-centric MMO.
    -Skywanderers: Cartoony, but the enormous possibilities (you can build MECHS) might be worth it. Supposed to hit Steam EA in the fall (Oct/Nov).

I've done a lot of looking. :(

Serious discussion is welcome too. I just need some contact with "the community" and couldn't seem to find a good thread for it. I know it's water under the bridge at this point, but I'm sorry to hear about your dad. At least if he gets a cool prosthetic, you could tease him about being a cyborg now?
    Also: INVADER ZIM, OMGWTFBBQ!!! I did not know, and my life is now infinitely better for this revelation. I loved Invader Zim.

Someone forgot their meds.
    _Devuu__ likes this.
  2. Yo Keph! I don't have a joke .. yet but I'm gonna tell ya .. I laughed out loud at the frayed knot joke. Guess I too needed a laugh. Winter is always so hard on me. I NEED that sunshine and warmer weather or I sink into a deep pit of gloom that is, at times, hard to crawl out of and then the sunshine hits and all the sudden I'm energized .. O_O wait!!! maybe .. :eek: maybe!! Maybe I'm not a dragon after all!! :confused: Maybe I'm just a dream of me and like Pinocchio who dreams of being something more. maybe I'm just a solar panel waiting for the sun to grace me with it's light everyday. OMG!!! I'm a SOLAR PANEL!!! :eek:

oops forgot the rest ... was thrown off by my revelation as to what I really am. :oops:
    I also wanted to add .. Good to hear from you Tiger friend . Sorry to hear you're feeling down but so glad you came here to find shelter and be hugged into the community that cares for you. Much <3 to you and yours Keph.
    607, Eclipsys, FadedMartian and 2 others like this.
  3. I'd suggest something like a solar-powered dragon, but then I recall how cats spend so much time soaking up sunlight and wonder if perhaps you're just secretly a cat after all.
    607, _Devuu__ and crystaldragon13 like this.
  4. Or maybe you're a special type of dragon. Like a Solar Dragon!! And you only become energized and alive when the sun is shining bright upon you! :p Or yeah you could be a solar panel :p
    crystaldragon13 and Kephras like this.
  5. =D I may indeed be a cat .. I do enjoy laying in the sunshine spots (not beaches .. eew) but like on the top of a mountain with no humans around. That's heaven for me. =D I could very well be a crystalcatdragon. I like it better than .. gulp .. being a solar panel. ;-;

=D I think I just might be Devuu! =D .. not that last part though. :p
    607, _Devuu__ and Kephras like this.
  6. Invader Zim is amazing. I remember buying a lot of the comics after they started making those (I'm quite behind on them now, but I digress) and loving them. This movie is supposedly Nickelodeon testing to see if it's feasible to revive the show (it was originally canceled primarily due to financial problems, because the show was expensive to animate, but also due to friction between Johnen Vasquez and Nick itself... but primarily the money). That is their primary concern; the show itself does well on the network, it is just very expensive.
  7. Some things are worth the cost... but try telling that to shareholders, I guess. :rolleyes: I'd be very surprised if they haven't made back at least double the production costs in the years since, from merch and DVD sales.
    607, _Devuu__ and crystaldragon13 like this.
  8. This is a really bad one, but I made this joke up for my cousin who is a Dental Hygienist:

What is a Dentist's favorite time of day?

Tooth Hurty

Bahahahahahaha
  9. Ouch, I think you bruised my funnybone with that one. :eek:
    *files under "Jokes so old they qualify as Archaeology"*
  10. Well I had never heard it before. I thought I was being clever...thanks for the gut punch. lol
    607 likes this.
  11. Heh, sorry, wasn't trying to be cruel. There's a lot of jokes like that - clever but obvious, so a lot of people individually come up with the same ones. Like "roadkill on the Information Superhighway," back when the internet was just starting to boom. If a pun is involved, it automatically qualifies as a Dad Jokeā„¢.
  12. I'm really hoping that this movie does amazingly, hence why I'm trying to spread the word as best I can. :oops: If it does wonderful maybe they'll really consider bringing back the show...
  13. Mebbeh, but sometimes it's best to let things die before they rot. Gargoyles season 3 / "The Goliath Chronicles" is a great example of something that should never have seen the light of day. Much as I'd love to see a return of Zim & co, I'll be cautiously optimistic until I've actually seen the movie.

Also, thanks to everyone who's replied. Really has helped.
    crystaldragon13 and 607 like this.
  14. Glad to help, hehe. ;)

And fair enough, I get that. Though I still think the show was cut down way too soon, not to mention most of the original people involved in Invader Zim are returning. In fact, I think the only major voice change will be GIR. Zim's original voice actor is returning as well as Dib's if I'm not mistaken. (...And for me those are all that matter. As long as Zim's is the same I'm happy. :oops:)

Side note, but the voice actor of Zim also does the character Kaos from Skylanders. And let me tell you, when I first played those games and Zim came screaming at me through the TV, that just made me love the games that much more haha.
  15. any time I see your name in a chat in-game or in the forums, I imagine your profile picture as an NPC talking to me. And it's always a friendly conversation, but with a subtle "I am an apex predator" undertone :p

EDIT: Basically Aslan.
    607, crystaldragon13 and Kephras like this.
  16. As flattering as that is, I hope you realize I am not an allegory for God. ;)
    I've actually been contemplating a new avatar for a while, but I've been using this one for so many years it's hard to come up with a decent replacement - the occasional seasonal Arctic Fox notwithstanding.
    607 and crystaldragon13 like this.
  17. I don't know how to comfort people, so have some ducks

Hope everything clears up for you soon c:
  18. They look crunchy and delicious. I am comforted.
    607 and _Devuu__ like this.
  19. maybe not so subtle
    haastregt, 607 and Kephras like this.
  20. :eek: Waaaa! .. I eerr uummm waaa? I've only ever known you as a wild Tiger .. friendly but wild none the less. (aritc fox notwithstanding) I may faint. o_o

Yes, yes he is an apex predator .. just saw the cute little duckies turned into toothsome candy. yikes! *moves a little farther away .. I may be a solar cat dragon but still .. I gotz delicate wings and that big kitty has claws. :rolleyes:
    607 and Kephras like this.