Help: Can't chat in game after migrating account.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by KaliaLlama, Dec 27, 2021.

1. I recently migrated both my main account (KaliaLlama) and alt (KaliaCria) from Mojang to Microsoft. I have had no issues with my main account, but when I try to use commands (open the chat bar) in-game with my alt I get the following:

Chat not allowed by account settings. Cannot send message.

I cannot for the life of me figure out which settings are different between the two, either in-game or on the Microsoft account page, that is keeping me from using chat/commands with the alt.
    Anyone have any insight or solution? :confused:
    ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  2. go to account.xbox.com/settings and sign into your alts account, then make sure this is set to allow

if this fails, other people say they fixed it by just switching versions
    607, UltiPig and KaliaLlama like this.
  3. Update: I got it working!
    I had already changed all my xbox account settings to allow but for some reason they weren't transferring over. I finally got it to work by open the launcher, logging into my account, changing the settings & saving them, then manually logging out of the account and closing the launcher. I then reopened the launcher, logged into my account again to verify the settings were still at "allow" - and then when I opened the game the chat/commands were working.
    I think the trick was actively logging out and back in before going back into the game. So much nonsense, lol.
    607 likes this.
  4. Glad to hear you figured it out! :D
    I'm sorry that it was such a bother.