Hardest level in any game. ever

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by BotBerrii, Sep 24, 2016.

1. i think the hardest game that i have ever played would have had to been Dark Souls II, either that game is really difficult or i just suck at it :p
  2. There were two game levels which I still remember as being extremely hard...

The first is from the game Oni. Basically a 3rd person shooter / hand to hand combat game, pretty neat. It's pretty old now, but it was a bit ahead of its time (or so I think) because you could fight multiple enemies at once. And that also made it harder...

In a level midway of the game you need to save a friend of yours who's being held prisoner in an electrical facility. The problem is that you start at the top, and need to go down but you walk across small ramps with no fences or anything, which makes it very easy to fall off and die. Especially if you concentrate on taking on an enemy ahead of you, while another sneaks up from behind during the fight ;)

Second is Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun. In specific the Firestorm expansion. While playing as the Brotherhood of Nod your tactical setup is fully handled by a computer system called CABAL. At the end of the Firestorm expansion CABAL goes rogue and you have to actually team up with your enemy (GDI) to defeat it.

What made that level so hard is because you start off with barely anything (you have some kind of base set up) while the enemy (CABAL) is fully aware of you and starts attacking almost instantly. While you still need to produce your forces, set them up into teams (you can create groups of units and assign fastkeys to them) and more importantly: actually find out where the enemy roughly is :)

This one had me ragequit quite a few times when I got overrun with cyborg soldiers for no apparent reason.
    607 likes this.
  3. Funny, I have bairly played any game that isn't minecraft. Two, to be exact (I can also remember some games I played on my dads old pc, but those didn't have levels I think...) Raving Rabbits go home and Onigiri, Raving Rabbits did actually have levels, but none were really hard, it is made for fun, not to actually do something. Onigiri is a sword, bow, etc, fight game with loads of levels the hardest level in it was Taimat, level 14, for me. The only problem is that it is a story line game. Where you, as a player, also have a level, which means I can now do that dungeon (the in-game name for level) in less than five minutes. So the highest level dungeon a should also be the hardest dongeon, so I guess that would be hard to say, since it becomes way easier if you're at a higher level.
  4. Life is too hard

jk, maybe super meat boy? that game was pretty hard
  5. Goldeneye 007 (N64) Now, it wasn't the game as a whole, nor a particular level.

What I found difficult was unlocking the Invincibility option in the level "Facility" as
    you had to finish it in 2 minutes 5 seconds or less. To this day I had never got it and
    stopped playing, well...a lifetime ago.:rolleyes:
    I might have to dig my N64 out of storage and try again.

(Ugh, on second thought, the analog stick on the controller was wonky):p
    ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  6. silver surfer all of it
  7. I thought the last mission was difficult. Once you got to the point with the miniguns and had to determine that there was a sequence of blocks you had to step on to get past them and open the glass box. Who'd a thunk.
  8. I agree; it was quite revolutionary though, and for a new feature, it certainly wasn't executed all too poorly!