[Guide] Living in the Frontier

Discussion in 'Player Guides, Tips and Tricks' started by FrontierRepair_, Jul 11, 2020.

1. So you've decided to make your home in the wilderness, throughout this guide I will hopefully cover a lot of things that will help the process of establishing and living there a breeze!
    (also formatting was being a little weird so i had to seperate spoilers since it wouldnt work unless it was a big block of text...)

First things first, I would highly recommend officially establishing your outpost through the emc forums. make sure that your base follows the guidelines listed here. basically as long as your 5k away from the protected zone and at least 3k from any other players' structures you're good to go. the further away you are though the better it can potentially be since less people will be likely to stumble upon it and if you desire could probably easily expand your claim in the future. Once you have made sure you're all good with the guidelines you can go ahead and create a thread here to get your outpost established. staff are pretty good generally on getting to the requests within a decent time frame so jus be patient :D

after that step you are all set to enjoy your new home! :D going forward with your outpost when you are building / working on projects I would also highly suggest using /Buildmode at all times, no matter how far out you are there is always a chance someone might come across your base but not only does it prevent other random players from breaking your hard work it also happens to keep mobs from destroying it as well! just be sure to turn it off when you are in places where other players may travel by as well (i.e dont block portals, place random blocks, etc) ALSO every time you leave the wild or relog you need to re-enable it

some projects I would also suggest to start off your base with is a sustainable food source, be it crops or animals whatever works for you, an easy method of getting there (depending on preference theres elytra, ice boats, rail, nether, etc) or even a basic way of getting exp/loot such as a basic mob grinder.

if you choose to make your home in the nether / or use a method of transportation its important to take caution and pay attention to your surroundings. if you dont like many mobs/cant fight them easily without dying I would definitely turn off your enraged spawns. Doing so will prevent tougher mobs such as netherhounds and other newer enraged mobs from spawning and poetentially killing you. also I would bring fire potions if you plan on digging out a large tunnel, trust me might really save you in a pinch.

I will try to add more useful info to this thread as it comes to mind, do feel free to share your own tips as well! Hopefully I have been able to help you gain a little more knowledge about living in the wilderness. The wilderness isnt the same as town its got a bit of a risk to it but thats what makes it fun! maybe grab a pal or two and create your own base now that you've read this?

lots of love, wilderness enthusiast,
    ches <3

p.s like a good neighbor, fpo is there! click here to get help with repairing damage anywhere in the wild!
  2. Benefits of establishing a base in the frontier;
    1.) bigger area to work with that a 60x60 residence
    2.) you can find more treasures rather than just the preciously unlimited dirt found on residences
    3.) you can fight enraged mobs or mini bosses, solo or with buddies
    4.) you can explore dungeons! mansions! temples! and more!
    5.) countless fun projects you can do
    6.) make a fabulous nether rail, I mean truly stylish, may even be the best feature! <3
    7.) endless memories
  3. 2nd reservation under the name, overflow tips