[Guide] Find your EMC Economic Impact Using the EMC ShopKeeper

Discussion in 'Player Guides, Tips and Tricks' started by mjnoe70, Aug 31, 2017.

1. So you have voted, bought stuff and sold stuff in EMC. You may have a shop as well. You have bought or sold on auction. How do you know how much money has passed through your greedy fingers?

Take and existing program and use it, that's how... Use this page to find and download the "EMC Shopkeeper" program. https://empireminecraft.com/wiki/emc-shopkeeper/

The following will be found in your "download" folder:

To run it double click it in the folder you saved it to. Note the first time it will do some things to get set up so this may take a moment.

Tada, the EMC Shopkeeper:

Update your transactions. Note that this may take a while if you have a lot of history.
    When you com in next time, you can just update "since" the previous update.

So transactions are your interactions as a shop owner or in using other shops in EMC. Make sure you have entire history and "BOTH" transaction types selected. Viewing by item, date or player does not matter.
    (Ignore the line items, as due to my modifications it does not add up, but in your run the lines will total to the gained and lost values correctly)

You will need the gained amount and lost amount. Add them together, make negative numbers positive. To figure out impact you have to basically add up all activity together, not get a net value. So so far I'm at 3r.

Payments are interactions where you paid a player or where paid by a player using /pay so those will need to be added in. Summing these is a manual task as this tool does not have any totals available for this. I used a spreadsheet. Once you total it once, save it an only add in "newer" transaction in the future.
    A side note, when paying others, use a note on that to help identify each activity. You can ask people paying you to do the same. EG: /pay mjnoe70 1 Test Payment.

So I would take 3 and now add my payments activity of 23 to it, so now my impact is 26r total. Again, to get impact we are adding all numbers as positives to our total.

Lastly, you need to take in to account game sign in, votes, egging charges, etc...

So this will take your 26 and add 1000r to it making this sample economic impact 1026r.

For this test 1024r is the number of rupees you have earned and spent in total. This is your economic impact in EMC.

It is possible to have 50 million in economic impact yet have 0r as a balance. If you have earned 25 million but spent every last one then that is valid.

If you have more than one EMC player, you can run this for both players and add them together. NOTE that you should remove your player to your player activity as that is not really going in to the economy until it leaves your own players.

NOTE: This tool is very accurate. I took all my incomes and added them, took all my expenses and added them, then subtracted the total expenses from my total income and I got the balance of my account. The hardest part is getting the PAYMENTS tab all calculated correctly.

If you have anything to add to this or questions please feel free to post them here or reach out to me directly. Sorry for the bad numbers as I removed my numbers and used fake values for the example.
  2. reserved
  3. 15,199,558, not including bonuses/fees as that only has data from the 7th of this month.
    ShelLuser, FadedMartian and mjnoe70 like this.
  4. Thread title fixed per OP's request. Also, this looks like an awesome guide I will probably be using myself. :D
    EDIT: I'd also like to add that for players who are paying people via the /pay command for items and stuff, it is EXTREMELY helpful to add a reason to that command so that you can look back on things and know why later. I.e., /pay PlayerName 50 Mailing Fee would pay PlayerName 50 rupees and the reason in your rupee log would go down as "Mailing Fee" - this can be useful to yourself and other players. :) (Haven't read the guide yet, not sure if it was mentioned, but just figured I'd throw it out there as it bears repeating :p )
    SkeleTin007, mjnoe70 and TomvanWijnen like this.
  5. Awesome, nice guide! :) Would actually be a great idea for a total to be added into the payments tab, as, um... I'm not going to manually add these up. :p I'll post this as a suggestion on the EMC shopkeeper thread.
  6. Maybe im dumb but when i update transations it doesnt add payments that tab just stay's empty? anyone know what is wrong with it?

edit: figured it out
    Tuqueque, SkeleTin007 and mjnoe70 like this.
  7. Man there needs to be a way to export the totals or something lol I gave up at 48,833,040 with many lines left.
  8. Its telling me that command-line tool you need to install a JDK "Java Developer Kit" idk what that is and I sure don't want that on my computer.
    SkeleTin007 and mjnoe70 like this.
  9. You know, I have not done this yet, but it's a jet data base I think. May just be able to open it with MS Access, SQL Server (free version) or possibly Excel. I'll work on that and see.

I was incorrect, this is not JET...
    SkeleTin007 and ThaKloned like this.
  10. I'll check on this too, I did not get that error but likely another package I have may have already required and installed it.
    SkeleTin007 and MissKells like this.
  11. If you can, try to add all info like username. When adding mine up I had to skip amounts I sent or received from an alt as these are not impacting the economy, just moving the same money around.
  12. The world of ALTs, that may create more issues...
    SkeleTin007 likes this.
  13. get back with me when it says 667! ;)
    SkeleTin007 likes this.
  14. :p after going through the process of adding up all of my Payments, I have my total Economic Impact on the server. It came out to be 28,845,257, not as high as some of your guys but still pretty decent for a person who's main income is voting.
  15. That is awesome, I always try to explain to new players how much voting adds up. Of course in 2 years, 28+ mil is way more than voting but that allowed you to do a lot of buying and selling types of activities it appears.
  16. I'm at vote bonus 791 and it said that I've received almost 1.5 million rupees for just voting on just one account. So yeah it does really add up. ;)
    mjnoe70 likes this.
  17. I installed it on my home computer and nothing came up. I didn't create this tool so I can't state why that is needed. I also do not want to tell you whether or not it is safe or you should install it. That is up to you.
    MissKells likes this.
  18. It is roughly 200-250k every 100 days. This will depend on voting on 1 or all voting page each day. The bonuses alone + first vote get you to the 200k mark. Remember you get a big bump in 9 days with the 45k 100 day bonus at 800. BTW, nice streak!
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  19. *66k bonus :D and, thanks! I've been keeping it up pretty well recently. And you also nice streak, for your EMC age. :)
    mjnoe70 likes this.