[Guide] Enraged Mobs

Discussion in 'Official Empire Guides' started by Hoi, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Stage.empire.us
  2. its not on stage it is nowhere. the farm no longer exists because aikar changed the way momentuses and there enraged spawns work. so i killed those 5 momenti and abandoned the farm. me and m4nic (who built it together) broke it down
  3. Is momenti the appropriate plural of momentus?
  4. yeah :p its like cactus
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx and 607 like this.
  5. I am not sure if anyone has mentioned this or not, but if you have a respiration helmet and a knockback sword, you can easily kill the enraged creepers and zombies with little danger or effort. The Enraged skels seem to be easiest to kill when you get them trapped in a hole two blocks deep where you can only see their heads and then you can swing away. As for the Nether hounds..I have yet to be attacked by these guys and generally just egg them..though they do drop cooked steak when you kill them. :)
  6. When they were first introduced, they would run up and explode next to you before you even knew they were there. They have been broken for at least a month that I know of and no one seems to feel too bad about it. I have been harvesting them for steak myself. I've noticed that if you get too close to them they will still explode.
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx likes this.
  7. Ya I tend to just shoot them with an arrow if I don't egg them.
  8. Why was m4nic on stage?
  9. He didn't say m4nic was on stage:p It was on a normal server, but now it's taken down so it's not on stage nor on a normal server.
  10. oh :p
  11. Thats just plain scary...
  12. I've been found 2 enraged creepers and 1 enraged zombie within an abandoned mine area on SMP1 . Haven't completely explored the area so i'll get screencaps should i run across anymore. the "Turkey Slicer" sword is definitely helpful against them in CQC
  13. Exhibit A: End point of an abandoned area passing through a crevice. Enraged skeleton and creeper

Attached Files:

14. Jeez that looks like one of those caves that spawns ONLY enraged!
  15. kind of, but the regular mobs far outweighed the enraged ones i encountered...actually encountered many more on the trip back to the north spawn area to get home...the rain didn't seem to douse their flames, i noticed
  16. Huh well I once found a cave that all I saw were enraged...
  17. No, swimming does though, and that can be pretty dangerous, like when I thought: "Let's swim to that skeleton over there to get some arrows". And it turned out to be an enraged. Luckily my friend got a bow and saved me, cause it's not fun to dodge arrows in the water...
  18. I'm going to update this guide a little later, I have some schoolwork to accomplish. :)
  19. Alright, I've updated the enraged zombies section, and added info on the momentus and marlix section. I've also added water bucket to the list below:
    Items that will benefit you when fighting Enraged Mobs:
    Ender pearls
    Any sort of blocks (16-64)
    fire resist/regen/strength/speed/instant health potions
    Enchanted Sword
    Enchanted Bow
    Enchanted Armor
    Golden Apples (enchanted or regular)
    Water bucket
    607 likes this.