guess my changed username

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by DemonThunder345, Mar 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. You won't make any progress. The definition of maturity with this one is "proper grammar", already had this conversation on his profile (which was recently deleted).
    PenguinDJ and Sunny_Chicken like this.
  2. you want me to type laughing out loud
  3. No amount of time spent on the server etc puts you above the rules.
  4. Saw that/participated in it. You're right. It all honestly depends on the situation.
  5. well if you ban me I would be a bit sad since this commnuity is pretty cool sometimes. Ban if you have to, but I was about to go on a mining trip :/
    If you really want me to stop then ill stop and you can delete most of my recent posts. Sorry for being a troll but you remember me. Remember the quick build challenge, the docter who stuff, and other things. Even though i misbehaved, that would really suck if you banned me
  6. The only way to not be banned (this does not only apply to you, but to everyone!) is to follow all the rules listed on the EMC rules page. :) By following those rules, no harm can come to you.
  7. It is sad that it took you this long to realize we weren't joking. You ignored MrSocks when he warned you. Rules are rules and you've broken them left and right recently. Please take the time during your forced break to straighten up.
  8. er how long
  9. While the gist of this is correct, borderline breaking the rules can get you banned as well.
  10. That as well. I think the best way is to follow the rule that all of our parents have told us at one point in our lives:

"If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"
  11. See as I said in your other thread, you are just being immature and there are rules here and playing X amount of days doesn't get you put above rules as krysyy said. And when you say you will "stick", the only way you will stick into anyone's head is being an immature kid who spams the forums with trolls and annoyances. No debby downer but this is what many people are thinking right now and I hate to say it but it's true but correct me if I'm wrong
  12. Completely agree.
    Sunny_Chicken likes this.
  13. Threatening staff now?
    Where is the old, respectable you...
  14. Lessons to take away from this (speaking universally):

1) Keep the items you don't want to give away rather than put them up as prizes - that stuff we don't joke about. :)
    2) Check the odds on someone winning the contest before starting the contest to make sure someone can't win in 5 seconds - like what happened in this case.
    3) If you did your homework on #2, pay out promptly and fully on the off-chance someone wins the contest.
    4) If staff comes in and says "pay out" with sufficient evidence saying one owes another items, it's probably a good idea to pay out.
    5) Scamming any player isn't smart, but scamming a staff member is a really. Bad. Idea.
  15. A "small" comment on how old players are not above the rules. Not only are they not above rules, but they (like supporters) are unofficially held to higher standards. Many older players are very influential, and thus their actions are imprinted on younger players. Supporters get that kind of popularity due to the colored name. It is all about how people can subconsciously idolize another player based off of perceived rank.

Over a year ago, I had a run in with staff over how I reacted to another player. Said player had been constantly talking about how they were going to get admin after applying for staff, and all the things they would do for their friends. I had tried several times before to explain to them that they are not supposed to discuss the application. After getting sick of hearing about it, I overreacted in a hostile way and was far too abrasive in explaining the situation to them (of all the actions I have done here, this is one of them that that I constantly regret). Not only did I get a talking with staff, but I earned myself a two day temp ban for something that would normally max out at a kick, due to my activeness on the server and forums.

Basically, your server age cuts you no slack, and only raises the standards. Whenever you are about to post something borderline controversial, you should always consider how your perceived "status" will affect how others see what you say.

Thankfully for me, my reduced presence due to college has allowed me to be more controversial/confrontational than ever. ;) /sarcasm
  16. Being a kid has nothing to do with what he is doing, for all we know he could be an adult. Either way it doesn't change the circumstances at all. Age discrimination is still discrimination and what you said is also being stereotypical as you are associating spamming, trolling, and annoyances with kids. (Not aiming to cause an argument just would like to slip my opinion in here =P)
    Sunny_Chicken likes this.
  17. Given the evidence of his YouTube videos, I can safely say that he's a kid.
  18. Yeah that's the only way we know lol I would never discriminate by age as im not really old myself. But clearly in his videos he is not very old :p
  19. I think we can safely say that this thread can be locked
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.