[GIVEAWAY] 957 Days.. More to Come.

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by EnderMagic1, Jun 25, 2017.

?

Do you remember your first day?

Yes 24 vote(s) 96.0%
Nah. 1 vote(s) 4.0%
  1. Due to nfell's derelict counter, I was finally able to see my first join date. I'm sorry- about last giveaway, I couldn't count the days right. To encounter my past, I have created an important timeline from the first day I joined until present. I encourage all of you to read this remarkable timeline, explaining my journey from an obnoxious kid to a 'successful, happy guy' :p Plus, there are plenty of tiny easter eggs and other important clues to my future. :) So, let's warp back 2 years ago or approx 957 Days ago... (Sorry for the bad grammar in the timeline.)

Just joined EMC. I had trouble finding my plot. Never heard of the wild and waste before. I began on the server called smp3. :D I was under the alias of ShaneKas

November 24, 2014
    This was my first-ever spleef project. However, immediately failed, I was too lazy to even complete the project. During this time, I met a few people on smp3: Gage9942, Chespinlover, Lockdown, Stagger77, and NoelleStar.

December 5, 2014
    My first basic shop. This was basically a dirt-shack lol. Of course, no one came, since I didn't know how to use residence tags. Oh, those days.

December 20, 2014
    Built an archery range in the frontier. Sadly, it got griefed badly. Just imagine all of that hard work gone in a few seconds. I remember screaming on the forums. :eek: *sigh* Life before the Anti-Griefing Update...

January 13, 2015
    Horsekart and Skin competitions. Back then, smp3 was a crazy, busy server. I remember there would be events every day. I designed my own event in the frontier. It was called Horsekart. Basically, it was a combination of horse-racing and a version of Mariokart in MC. The event was really fun for me with about 2-3 people showing their faces each time. :)

February 15, 2015.

Attempt at a smp3 directory. Not there anymore ;)

April 5, 2015

Maze Runner.
    This was the biggest event I have ever created. To explain, it was a huge maze, covered the size of the entire town plot. It included spectator stands, redstone controls and could be used as a Drop Party Room. More about this later....

April 22, 2015
    Started to get into the EMC Forums. Hosted my first giveaway (170 Days) Woot! :D

May 4, 2015
    The birth of May The 4th Be With You. A custom-annual event created by me, hosted every spring, based on the Star Wars movies. I highly encourage all of you to participate next year because this year was dead. :(

June 7, 2015
    Thinking about a skin-change. Enderskeleton formations. I attempted to design my own skin.

July 8, 2015

LuckyPat Killing. Basically, kill someone who is OP in PvP and put a bounty on their head. :p Sound familiar? Mhm.. I heard Runder was in the same situation months ago.. xD

July 9, 2015
    Made the switch to EnderMagic4, my new perm account.

July 10, 2015
    Decided to move to smp8. I obtained a second res where I would create a Star Wars residence. Met all of those peeps, Khixan, Tuqueque, Rhy, Duf, Walrus, etc.

August 22, 2015
    Began working with the PWU Team. I remember designing the gold ingot on the Pigmentus Farm. It looked so epic, with all of these players working together.

September 24, 2015

First build on smp8: Built a horse barn. Years later, I built a duplicate next to PWU’s Iron Farm. Fun FACT!!

October 13, 2015
    Revival of the Maze Runner Event. Remember that? Probably not. It was my 1 year DROP PARTY on smp3. One of my best memories on EMC. However, smp3 began to become less crowded, more isolated. The auction-era began to take over the EMC Forums.

January 6, 2016
    The Hoth Mini-Mall on smp8. Featuring a shield generator building, turret and trenches, this mini-mall held 9 different sections of items and blocks. Successful for a limited time. :)

January 13, 2016
    I started to write my first series- Radiation Empire.
    Also, I started to get into Graphics and began to model MC worlds.

March 2, 2016
    FoxyRavenger gave me two custom skins. I used one as my current one and the other was for Halloween. One of my last memories with him, before he was banned.

August 16, 2016
    The Reflection In Bed. Another story, mostly a failure. I was getting upset with myself.

August 20, 2016
    My huge rant about what changed in EMC. The auction-era of EMC has taken hold of the forums. There was a lot of bullying, arguments, fighting, debates, etc. Smp3 is mostly deserted, occasionally. :( I was really depressed.

November 12, 2016
    3rd place in the Wallpaper Contest. Another great memory of EMC.

I remember loading the EMC forums and reading the thread. I almost fell out of my chair; I was going crazy. "OMG OMG OMG!!!!" I couldn't stop being happy. This was the boost I needed to start EnderGraphics. I thank all of you who voted on that wallpaper, for shaping my future until the present day. Thanks to all of you.

October 14, 2016
    Deathly Ends. Another story, except it was in the horror genre, near Halloween. Another story = another failure. I wasn't getting better with my stories.

December 2, 2016
    Joined the Contribution Team. I wanted to participate with EMC even more. Began writing my blog page and editing the wiki. :) I was part of that "New Member Horde" in Decemeber.

The various teams became more advanced.

January 6, 2017
    THE BIRTH OF ENDERGRAPHICS.

Amazing service. See all of the reviews on the other page ;)

January - March, 2017

Wallpaper Set 1. Different variety of wallpapers, gets better and better.

EG Deliveries like crazy.

I just liked to please people with my graphics and wallpapers.

April 1 - June 4, 2017
    Took a mini-break from EMC. I had to focus on my AP exams and finals.

What happens next?
    Every day, I am trying to make the EMC Forums better and better. Recently, my blog page was released, so I encourage all of you to read it.. I just hope many bright days on EMC will soon come. And I still want to get that first place in the Wallpaper Contest. :D

The giveaway:
    Since 957 is close to 1000, I will be giving away 100k rupees.

This giveaway will end on July 18, 2017.

How to Enter:
    Please post your favorite memory(s) of EMC. Optional: I also encourage all of you to make a timeline of your journey. You will be surprised about all of the change that has happened. Also, if you have any questions about my timeline, feel free to ask.

Thanks all for reading,
    Ender
  2. First
    When I first started EMC I was hopping from server to server then I landed here and someone showed me all the amazing things Like promotional items
    That was what made me stay
    Happy 2 years and almost 1k days?
    EnderMagic1 likes this.
  3. Happy almost 1000 days Ender! :D

I started off on SMP7 and have been living there ever since. So my favorite 3 moments are: 1. When I hosted Something Fishy with T and Skele with the help of JD. 2. When SirCue mailed me a free diamond voucher! (So genourous) 3. When my friend tried to turn smp7 into all bears and JD turned into JD the Pooh

My first memory was when DancingGirl55 (If I remember correctly) came to my res and became friends, sadly she left. I also remover some of my first friends, ApPl3z, and unicornFreak10.

Thx for the giveaway Ender. This brought back some great memories

Edit: it's sad that the Star Wars: May the 4th be with you thread died :(
    SkeleTin007 and EnderMagic1 like this.
  4. I started off by putting water all over my res. I then stumbled across the smp8 public farms team. I then joined them and help build great projects. I enjoyed going to minner mania every Friday and sometimes Saturday. I also joined ForeverMaster and the team building enderman farms. I then started building great buildings on my res.

Thx for doing this giveaway. This brought back great memories that I had forgotten.
  5. Woohoo! Smp3 FTW! You'll always be a smp3er in my eyes ;)
    Kinda miss having you around smp3, don't be a stranger! <3

Happy 957 days Ender! Hope you continue to have fun on here and maybe grow and learn and thing or to more :)

(Edit : btw not entering just wanted to congratulate a fellow friend <3)
  6. My favorite memory has to be back when I joined. I remember walking around town having no idea what was going on and visiting reses that were so amazing yet no longer exist today. Also me and my neighbour going to the wild which was also very fun.

Happy 957th day, you are only -857 away from your 100th day!
    EnderMagic1 and PhoenixAffinity like this.
  7. I remember my first res. literally just a dirt house with some chests lol
    My second was way better. I actually had a hired builder come in and make a medieval tower :D
    Third was my own doing: a water floored house made of prismarine, with lily pads.
    And my current one on Utopia. Well, just come see it for yourself :p
    My memories!
    EnderMagic1 likes this.
  8. Thanks for the giveaway!
    I have many memories which I like but I couldn't name one of them as my favourite, one of them was when I did 'Cowlands' Event where I pressed the 'W' key for 6 hours to win over 20 mill in promos :D
    EnderMagic1 and 607 like this.
  9. A little over three years ago, two close irl friends talked me into joining EMC. They helped me get through the tutorial and get settled into the new server. I remember the first thing I built on my res was a little wooden thing that contains a staircase that leads down to a dirt room. I was inclined to build a cobblestone generator, so that is what I built in the room. After this, I decided to visit some random residences for some inspiration. I don't remember which res it was, but it had a distinct room with teleports and I really liked it. I got some wool and made an American flag in the ground of a part of my res. I built up a cobblestone wall and made a glass dome to top it off. This was my first residence and I still own it today, with no changes made to the different things I built when I first joined the server. I'm glad my friends persuaded me to join this server, as I have had many good memories over the years.

Thinking back on it, I remember something really funny that occurred on my residence. So I have a hallway that contains sheep pens based on their respective colors. A few years ago, when my two friends still played, we were messing around in this hallway. If I remember correctly, I think we all had our Xboxes on and we were communicating through an Xbox party. One of my friends was shooting his flame bow into the fence and one of his shots happened to hit one of the blue sheep in the pen. My other friend and I started going crazy and I took off his move perms to my res (as a joke). On the spot, we gave the fallen sheep a name and we called him Troy (don't remember why, but pretty sure we had a reasoning behind it). My friend and I made a little memorial thing, along with an actual grave for Troy which I still have at my res today. A little while later, I also made a huge blue sheep statue in Troy's honor.

Happy 957! I enjoyed taking this trip down memory lane as I have so many memories on this server.
    ChespinLover77 and EnderMagic1 like this.
  10. My favorite memories well were first joining EMC, hanging out with you of course ;), and also winning my first UHC back in October 2015.

I can't tell all my memories there is too many to count :p
    But those are just the few memories I do enjoy :)

Btw, congrats on 957 days my enderskele pal ;)
    EnderMagic1 likes this.
  11. "Due to nfell's derelict counter"? Explain, please? :p
    Nice timeline. :)
    I think making a timeline for a comment in a thread about someone else's timeline wouldn't be worth the time, effort and product... but I can share my favourite memory again. ;)
    Although... It might've changed, so I'll make that memories. For a while, my favourite memory was from an unofficial Christmas event, with a tree where people could request chests for presents. I had two chests set up, one for Alice, one for my IRL friend born_ego. They were both there and it was a lot of fun. :) Afterwards, we had dinner at a long table, but I think born_ego might've left by that point.
    But I've got another favourite memory now: that EMC 5 years event. Standing on a cake with Dufne, while access signs were being placed on each person's candle. And then spleef, where we had some very fun moments too.
    At both of these events, I had a good time with people I love, which is most important for me. :)
    EnderMagic1 likes this.
  12. Happy 957 days! My favourite memory is nether fort raiding with TheMrImpossible, without whom, I wouldn't be where I am today :)
    EnderMagic1 likes this.
  13. Congratulations for sticking around for 957 Days! Man I feel pretty bad, we easily could have been long term buddies, but I guess other stuff happened that got in the way. All the names you mentioned in your smp3 greetings, most if not all of them were buddies of mine.

I don't have the most pleasant memories with players on the server, but for the ones that I do they are meaningful. One of my best moments started on March 21st 2015, I was online and doing my usual thing (horse breeding, yes I was doing that since the day I joined EMC), Lockdown had a chat with me about a horse race he was going to be in with a few friends, I followed him there and figured I would participate.

I was curve-stomped lets just say, my mistake for bringing a 110 speed horse to a race with 120-130 speed horses. After the race had ended, 1 of the players there mentioned they were selling some 130 Speed Horses (this player would after many months become one of my breeding partners). I chased them down and asked them about it, they had the horses on a different SMP, this was one of the first times I traveled outside of SMP3. I looked through the horses they had and like most of you would remember, there was alot of white horses amongst those 130 Speed Horses they were selling. I then spotted out a 131 Speed Creamy horse, I told the person I wanted it (my dislike for fast White horses definitely dates back a very long time ago) and then they stated the hefty pricetag (Creamy horses were much less common and were charged for alot more than a simple White horse at the time). Long story short, I paid 27k for that horse, and I was happy. That horse who I would later name Janette was the 1st 130+ Speed Horse I got.

Another special memory that I had was the day I met a special friend. Fast forward by 4 months to July 14th 2015, I was saving up rupees for months, I decided awhile ago I would rather save up for Diamond Supporter as my first rank because I wanted to get the 4 residents quickly. One of my old friends let me know about a resident that was selling super cheap Diamond Supporter Vouchers (back when 400k was a common price for them), we went to SMP9 to go to the resident and there I spent 375k on the voucher. He also said there were something special there as well, he took me down into a hole that led to the underground parts of the resident, we got a good look at the resident owners extensive promo collection (there was ALOT of rare promos, including a dragon egg), my friend then took me down to another part of the resident, there was the most exciting part of the resident, they had horse stables! There I saw countless super fast horses, but then I got to the main stable. There were 2, 2 139 Speed Horses!

Most of you could already tell what res I'm talking about before I said the 139 Horses, the infamous MoeMacZap's resident! I mentioned I met him that day, after my tour of his resident, I was able to catch him online after a few hours. It... was... awesome to talk to him, I also wanted his 132 Speed Chestnut Horse at the time.

These are some of my most meaningful memories while playing on EMC, I loved reading through your timeline, you did a great job and I hope you continue to create awesome graphics! Congrats once more and hopefully see you again at 1000 days!

(Geez the length on this post is ridiculous!)
    EnderMagic1 likes this.
  14. Wow! Thanks everyone for the great responses. This was the first thread I didn't need to bump in the last 12 hours.. :eek:
    Oh yeah, totally forgot about all of those horse shops. At the time, it was really annoying because all of the shops sold horses. ;)
    607 and PhoenixAffinity like this.
  15. my favorite memory was my ice castle. The ice castle definatly ran its course and has been replaced by /v +breed but in short was my home res and a horse breeding res, along with things like a cake factory. Breeding a 130 white with a 131.98 starter horse i managed to get and expecting good breeds.. those were the days lol
    mjnoe70 and EnderMagic1 like this.
  16. Might have been just me, but I think there were fewer breeders back then. There were much fewer 130+ Speeds I can definitely say, also I didn't have a actual "shop". I do know that a ton of the older breeders dropped out, but I think with the newer breeders that came in helped to balance it. Moe had started allowing a bunch of people breeding his horses, which was definitely the turning point when more breeders started to come out.

It's still a problem, I've been trying to be a bit more conscience about my position and influence on the horse market by limiting the horses I put for sale(generally picking what I consider the best out of my current stock). I hope more breeders do the same.

One last note, good luck to all the breeders desperately trying to sell high speed Mules, cause I know you guys are doing "great" with sales.
  17. My favorite memories would be when some of us on 7 went hunting for the tutorial Easter eggs, and the time when Tbird1128 accidentally griefed my house at an FNM event because she didn't know we were allowed to build :p .

Fixed
  18. *facepalm* Just finished Calculus AB and can't even do basic math.. :eek:
    PhoenixAffinity likes this.
  19. One of my earlier memories was when a rich person on emc ( cant remember who now ) needed an iron trap door, and whoever mailed it to them first got a marlix bow. I got the bow and I was happy since i was so poor
    EnderMagic1 and PhoenixAffinity like this.