[Giveaway] 10 Years and 5000th Post

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by Tuqueque, Jul 14, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I had mentioned voter gear upgrades as well.
    My only issue with having lecterns and all that is it's high maintenance for staff. TBH, I think just having it auto shut off after 3 months of no activity would be perfect.
    Dreacon78 and Tuqueque like this.
  2. I can agree here - I know there's several circumstances revolving around this but I haven't seen much - leadership - on EMC, really only Chickeneer. I think in order to have an involved community there needs to be the active community manager that helps motivate these users and pushing the marketing - without a community manager we're just letting EMC die, sadly.
    Tuqueque and PetezzaDawg like this.
  3. Part of the reason I suggested it could be added as a seasonal mini-boss, perhaps for summer. The BlizzArds are annoying and the Super Turkeys can be as well. They take time and work for the drops. Part of their "charm" is the annoyance and the fact you don't have to interact with them. So speeding around with a dolphin mob would be your choice, or the super squiddy Kraken or .... You get the point. Chickeneer did say that he was open to suggestions for new mini-boss/seasonal mobs.
    iTuq and Dreacon78 like this.
  4. I like the idea of a Kraken. Would be fun to fight and would be cool if when it showed up there was a message along the lines of "Release the Kraken!" Corny I know, but would be cool.
    iTuq and KatydidBuild like this.
  5. The lecterns could always be up to the shop owner to maintain. When they pay for their shop they get the lectern and then they can put in a protected book that can only be taken by them. That way they can list what their shop sells. If they stop paying then the lectern and the book disappear. Not sure if that would reduce what the staff have to manage or not though. Might be possible to have a code or something that generates a lectern at a spot for them when they pay. Not really sure how coding works, but something like that might work.
    iTuq likes this.
  6. Basically, going derelict would also kick the tag from working
    No login for 3 months seems reasonable. It's just the /shop command we are talking about. Any store could still be visited directly of course.
    Seems simple enough to me. As to the simplicity of adding that to code... I would not know.

Perhaps an alternative to the lecture idea is an Empire owned res with a tp sign, shop name, and a button with message book showing a limited ad.
    How those are checked up on might require a staff member though. Seems a bit of work.
    Perhaps a community effort?
    iTuq, PetezzaDawg and Zomberina like this.
  7. I think a 3-month no log would be best. Protected permanent would circumvent the filter if we only go by derelict, right? Mall and shop tags based on player log in activity might be the easiest. I'm still against additional advertising that is run by staff. There's just not enough of them, and they have enough on their plates as it is tbh. Could someone dedicate a single res that consists of those advertising features? Sure, but you'll have to perm a lot of people to handle it.

We're going on the assumption that life never gets in the way and things won't fall behind. That never happens. Peeps could def take initiative to advertise others' shops in their own stores though. Kinda why I did the shop partners. I see my customers go to that wall allllll the time. It's easier for me to track those I partner with and their being active or not than all the servers. I think keeping things uber simplified is the best idea for now.

If someone hasn't logged in 3 months, their shop and mall tags bust, thus the shop command shouldn't take them there, right? We have the bookmark feature now so peeps can save their favorite shops. Devs could maybe make a /shop list command which lists shops on the server. That seems to be the easiest code update option imo. Would only +shop tags though, so maybe eliminate +mall from the formula.
    iTuq and DrasLeona247 like this.
  8. If that is reasonable to code then +100 for that indeed.
    the /shop list would likely list the shops on the smp you are on. That would make the list not humongous-ridiculous.
  9. Keeping the list to just that server should make it way easier for the coding, at least I hope so. Definitely would like this idea. Then there would be no need to lecterns, a separate res to show the shops off, or anything like that. Just do /shop list and you would get the locations on that server with active shops. Tie in the pay for option and the not active for 3 months and I think you would have a pretty good set up. Might not even need the payment thing. That or you have the payment option instead of the 3 month inactive thing. Basically have people pay to have their shop listed and have it cover a 3 month period or something like that.
    iTuq and KatydidBuild like this.
  10. Thing with games is that they can't be overly complicated. After all EMC is not really a Games server and it would take a lot of dev time for some

I feel that new AD campaign would be good. Specially soon now that Chickeneer said there'll be more news about the update
    iTuq and marteno102 like this.
  11. My ideas for stuff that cna benefit EMC right now

Events: I think right now EMC should be trying to host more events over the week. I know it might be hard to host them but events bring the community. Maybe like s spleef game or something like that in the middle of the week so events don't seem too long apart.

Games: I think emc should do more with the PvP on the server. I understand that in no way is EMC a PvP server but I feel that a lot can be done like would it not be cool to have a hunger games tournament to win promos and staff heads during the summer or winter, I think so. Also with doing something with PvP EMC could add more to what it can offer to new players.

Fun: One thing I thought could be fun is changing the wastelands spawn every update to fit the theme of the update. I realize that this could be very hard on the buildteam but it could be interesting if it can be done

Other things to touch on: A few things EMC should change is the tutorial world because it confuses a lot of players when they join because EMC has a lot of commands and other unique features that a lot of other servers don't have. So if the staff could somehow make it less awkward and difficult for the new players

I know other people have said this one but EMC needs to get out there to more people through ads and other ways. I found this server because it was still on 1.15 when every other server was on 1.16 so my joining exprerience was uniquely to me and wouldn't go out to a broader audience. So EMC could maybe put a short ad on youtube or somewhere that has a big name on it so more players will join and enter the EMC community.
    Tuqueque and marteno102 like this.
  12. 3 layer soft toiled paper on efry emc toiled

bigger buged for toiled paper

instead of having the normal cheap 1 layer sand paper toiled paper

we need somting better 3 layer soft toiled paper on all toileds
    UltiPig and CreeperFaceYT like this.
  13. Bumpity Bump

I’ll start working on the summary of keypoints today and share that file later!

Be sure to join! :)
  14. toiled paper 3 layer soft preamium toiled paper tink about it imagen how happy yout butt will be
  15. My ideas are much more simple than the one all ready in this thread but her it goes.

1: Promo item: An axe that can take down a tree with one hit and leaves immediately taken out as well leaving saplings behind. I like to build and gathering wood can be tedious.

2: Would be the ability to bank XP. This would make it possible to carry your XP from server to server and also give it value so you could trade or sell to another player.

3. I love to build. So my idea would have the moderators designate land as a town in the wild assigning small section to anyone who wanted to build, but they would be assigned a building such as school, police station, public park, or bank and upon finishing the build a reward is given and if build does not meet expectations of person in charge the build would be torn down given to someone else.
    Jowry and Tuqueque like this.
  16. I really like all these ideas escept maybe the PvP because I believe people that want vanilla server find EMC. That being said I am not against PvP games or events. I know many threads have talked about increasing the social media experience. I 100% agree if we could even do events that get posted on you tube live or Tic Tok would be fun. I am not as social media aware as a lot of the members of EMC but I love this server and hope these ideas can make it better for everyone.
    CreeperFaceYT and Tuqueque like this.
  17. A mock-up tutorial build contest perhaps?
    Tuqueque, KatydidBuild and Dreacon78 like this.
  18. player-run and player-based and no other promises (but suspecting that staff would take a look, of course)

I'm game to help organize parts of it. Someone needs to come up with a plan/rules for how to go about such a thing. Perhaps limit to in-town so that peeps can run through the mock-up and then vote on favorites in the forums?
  19. Have not finished, well started, the file yet but I'll get to it before the 2nd!
    Be sure to join if you haven't already =D if we reach 20 players, I'll add 500k more to the general prize pool :)
  20. You know, I had gotten into some of these discussion points and forgot that you were running a contest for this. Good job. There has been much worthwhile discussion here.
    iTuq likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.