[Giveaway] 10 Years and 5000th Post

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by Tuqueque, Jul 14, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey, great to see another fellow Empire Veteran. Have you ever visited the Last Light Outpost?
    Tuqueque likes this.
  2. Once or twice when in the first half of my decade here, but never became a member. Been mostly a town-waste person myself for personal projects. Most frontier builds I made were part of PWU on 8, however once or twice I did make an outpost with friends, but after they left I also abandoned the projects there
  3. Hello! I wanted to give a quick update: I'M 10! a few days ago, but yeah ahah, before I make final decision on my favorite idea aswell as rolling for grand prize here are some other updates:

As of today Zomberina's idea about creating an active shop status via subscription has won the most liked idea prize with 6 endorsers: DrasLeona247, KatydidBuild, Gap542, ToddV, HazardousCode, Dreacon78!! Congrats!
    https://empireminecraft.com/threads/giveaway-10-years-and-5000th-post.86298/#post-1615804

And the most liked feedback/reply to another's idea comes from PetezzaDawg replying to Fred_TWK
    with 3 endorses Dreacon78, KatyDidBuild, FredTWK
    https://empireminecraft.com/threads/giveaway-10-years-and-5000th-post.86298/#post-1615791

I'll check everything in the morning and roll for a grand prize winner aswell. Thank you for all the worthwhile discussion as Katy said. (@Katy I'm definitely interested in helping with the "Remodel the tutorial event" - I have been working on a build with my CommunityHall new account with a similar goal ;).

All the ideas have been summarized in the google sheets, and the tallies for winners for those who want to verify my math =P I have added some comments of my own myself. I'll transfer to prose the main points of each subject eventually so that post can conclude this thread :)

Sidenote - 3AM Mind of Tuqueque:

Since this event, was with the idea to recreate the EMC suggestion forum for a bit and my 10 year anniversary, I wanted to highlight something EMC taught me a while ago, and wanted to thank the community for continuing to enrich my experience here. 10 Years ago, I was in middle school, and EMC definitely had a transformative/learning impact on me for the better where I was exposed to an amazing community, aswell as learning life lessons that helped me later in life. The one I wanted to highlight was being able to market your own ideas the best way possible, specially useful irl when you are trying to market your own self with your resume while applying for colleges or jobs. I wanted to give the example, that comment to which Pete was replying to from FredTWK had a very similar idea to our winner Zomberina's idea. However, the one who was able to captivate the audience more or explain it in a simpler/better way was Zomberina even though it was mentioned second, and that's real life for you, and I feel I learned that lesson along the way of my experience of EMC, and hopefully kids continue to learn lessons in EMC by us trying to make it a better place :)

Thanks again for all the congratulations in the thread as well as for participating! -

PSS, I reach the 7k milestone a few hours before turning 10 years here aswell, haha
  4. oooo getting close with 6 on mine - thanks for hosting this! Excited to see the roll.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  5. I have sent the participation gifts as well as the vouchers!

https://discord.com/channels/368557034305486871/368557035002003459/1005204943977848832 This is on the EMC discord for those that want to see the wheel spin video for the Grand prize!

otherwise...

Fred_TWK won the voucher, congrats!
    Item also has been mailed :)

and for the final award being chose by myself, was difficult haha. All great ideas some more technical, others more fun, so I decided to choose the one which I think should be at the top priority of EMC rn which would be EnigmaSpiritis First post - regarding revamping EMC's social media - on top of the other fun ideas, having a discussion of what type of media/content and marketing should EMC start pushing would be definitely a useful discussion to have in the future

Thanks again for everyone participating
    Fred_TWK and Zomberina like this.
  6. Much much thanks :) I hope some of our ideas are seriously considered.....

Tuqueque and KatydidBuild like this.
  7. Thank you!!! ^_^
    For organizing this, for the theme, and, yay!, the prize :)
    Tuqueque likes this.
  8. Hi! This is the summary I made to conclude this thread. Ideas paraphrased are yours, unless specifically stated otherwise) + Some actual ideas of my own, building on what was said.

Thanks again for Everyone participating

If you have questions about my summary, you can read all the previous post of the original suggesters, or check out my google sheets that categorizes the comments (same that has been used all this time)

Revamped Tutorial / Community

• Make the new tutorial be interactive - include active-learning of EMC specific featured instead of quiz

• Encourage website/forum more, and it is very important to community however, has been decreasing in activity as well

• Community Created Tutorial (Official Contest of sort) to acquire different details from the broad community that staff team may miss

• Book -with basic commands, wiki link shortcuts (Tuqueque: a more texty/thourough /assist new) with /newplayerbook?)
      mock-up tutorial official or player-ran building contest

More Staff

• Continue with excellent professionalism, but more presence from the staff team will go a long way
    • Specialize more staff into official teams via tiers or such
      • Counterargument: in the past could be useful, but separating staff team efforts rn could hurt instead of help
    • More/different schedules for events

EMC Media/Marketing/Voting

• Add to StreamTeam goals or create new team of dedicated players to publish EMC content

• Voting Competitions/Awards to improve voting performance to increase ad reach in sites likes TopG

• (Either VoterBlock, Lucky Bow -esque items/competitions or particulary those ties to EMC

• EMC Graphic Design stagnant - Something new could bring new wave of players

• (payed) Premium spot on big server voting/list website

• EMC Banners - make them tell more about EMC, as new players expecting features which EMC does not focus on

• -No Youtuber

• -No immediate group, must integrate into community/show trustworthiness to join outpost and such

• -Custom mobs - and its dangers

• Community needs more leadership and active community manager

• TikTok

Games Ideas

• HotPotato/Tag pvp game, when with only a punch, the other is "it" +1

• Octopus/ZombieInfection-like game - Zombie must infect all players - or humans survive apocalypse

• Capture the Flag - Could be via command blocks or hoppers(basketball maybe)

• "Quidditch" (Tuqueque probably if implemented something similar to basketball)

• Games award tokens/rupees

• Games having Items giving custom effect - being able to freeze and forcedrop ball

• Hunger Games
    Tuqueque input: some of these ideas are fun, but EMC is not a minigames server, so not my top priority

Economy:
    • “Market has shrunk, players has left, oversupply of farmable items, and not enough ways to make rupees. Community sense has dwindled and needs to be kept alive -> multi pronged approach ideas/tasks- If we want to revive the economy, we need to revive the community.”
    • PlayerShop - Very fun in itself (Tuqueque input: many games just focus on managing a shop and such), but searching for shops too much effort
    PlayerShop Search System and +shop tag discussion

• Replacement/Addition of +shop so that it focuses on active shops

• Super simplified system is all what is needed

• "Removes Public flags" of shops if it goes derelict or has not connected since last MC update

• Tuqueque: on "Remove Residence Flags": OP could mean remove residence tags, or disable shop flags, which could be useful, in my personal experience I lost like 500k in a playershop buying shulkers since I was inactive while Mojang made them farmable, both interpretations could useful depending on situation)

• Derelict filter could work, but without circumvention of perm derelict prot, for a new /shop list

• Historically done by players, but could be really useful if provided directly by the server

• Shopowners need Renew License/Tag for +shops

• +shop tag moderation by staff

• Purchasable shop tag status - if no rupees in account, tag become disabled - like a subscription

• Actual Physical Space which have tps of active shops (counterargument: very high mantainance)

• Active Shop last until derelict or 2 months

The following is what I could come up with trying to listen to everyone that gave some input, and adding my own thoughts on it. It is a bit complex, however since I've seen a similar plugin used, in terms of UI, it should be somewhat easier to adapt:
    Tuq’s idea regarding Playershop search

Complex Version:
    My suggestion is to create something similar to the /ah (auctionhouse) plugin seen on many other servers, but for bumping shops or displaying shops - a Weekly EMC classifieds/yellow pages of sorts.

So when you do /shop list, you would see the chest UI with player heads, which will be the player shops. These items would have a 10 day timer on them. After 10 days, if no bumps occur, the head/shop advertisement will stop displaying. The chest UI would also have a filter with a set of prefix categories, With option to go to a random shop within category or list them all.

Suggested categories:

• Mall

• Redstone

• Gear

• Bulk

• Stone

• Wood

• Deco

• Heads

• Promos

• Building Blocks

• Utilities

• New Player

When advertising your shop, you can select up to 3 categories (more with supportership) to be linked with. So a shop can choose to be tagged as bulk, redstone and Gear.

When adding one’s shop to the /shop list, one would input the teleport address, +tag or Name and slogan behind supportership)

Shop display item(playerhead) would read:
    Quartz Players
    Name= 16060 - +Tuq

Supporters
    Name= Gecko Vouchers - + Tuq
    Lore= Get your Supporter Voucher needs!

For adding/bumping shop in /shoplist
    - 3k rupees entree fee Gives 2 weeks before runs outs
    - 500r to bump 10 extra days (maximum, not cumulative)
    -Minimum 4 days before bumping again

This system would be in addition to res tags and +shop
    I do feel like, residences with +shop should have +shop removed if 3 months of

Maximum of 1 playershop list per player, maybe 2 or 3 if supporter.

Simple Version:

Just add /shopadd and /shoplist

/shopadd - adds the res you are standing on (if you are admin/owner of it) to the shoplist
    /shoplist - displays the shops for 2 weeks, limited bumping possible

Miscellaneous

• Pursue cohesiveness UI to seem more modern-professional to other modern MC servers

• Fix Longstanding bugs (Tuqueque Note: I feel like EMC has been doing a good job of this, so not sure what specifics PetezzaDawg meant)

• Custom Mobs

• Enraged custom mob - acquatic or seasonal

• Lava Shark - Obnoxious dolphin

• Revamp Squid AI for Kraken Custom Mob

• Electric eel - fish mob with serious damage

• Enraged silversfish griefing via fires loot should be fixed

• Custom Items

• TreeFeller axe promo

• (Tuqueque: I’m laying out a voting item suggestion thread soon)

• Bank XP, so it can become part of the market and tranfer to other smps
    • Server-provided /wild residences with build theme - reference
      • Tuqueque: Maybe Trimester on-going contest, where with X goal in mind (IE: Cowboy), players could join the themed Cowboy town (with minor landscaping from buildteam, to setup roads and such), and reward for most voted residence(size of buildings, not full reses), maybe could even have quest system when Empires comes out, “Hi Empire BlahBlah!, We need your help rebuilding our cowboy village after a zombie raid!”
    DrasLeona247 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.