Get your vote on, round 2!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by mjnoe70, Jul 21, 2017.

?

Voting?

I have never voted. 1 vote(s) 8.3%
I used to vote but no longer do. 11 vote(s) 91.7%
  1. Well, while I see that, if they like the server and want it to survive, sometimes we may want to do a bit more voting even if on occasion or random votes. It takes the long time players, like you but also new players whom may become supporters at some level to help keep the servers going. I know this is probably common knowledge but people don't always think about the impact.

As for your thoughts I believe there are a couple other suggestions for +300 things to help coax more votes from some.
    https://empireminecraft.com/threads/suggestion-additional-items-for-300-votes.72675/
    both Aikar and Krysyy replied in this thread...

Another thought for everyone to keep in mind, did you happen to think that the only way NEW rupees can make it in to EMC is through voting and new players? Voting will help find more new players which is a double bonus in terms of more rupees to move through the economy. (NOTE: This doesn't mean everyone will be rich but may breath some life back in to some of the malls and shops. There will be plenty of rupees moved to dormant status as players take breaks, quit and so on.)
    607 likes this.
  2. mjnoe70 likes this.
  3. BUMP! Moving on up, jumped on togp, serverpact and really closing in on number 1 at minecraftservers100! Keep up the good fight!
    607 likes this.
  4. Nice job getting the word out and voting EMC!

1st was 2nd on MinecraftServers100
    7th was 8th on MinecraftServers.biz

NOTE: we were only up by 4 votes after I voted this morning at about 8am server time, so keep it going!
    607 and TomvanWijnen like this.
  5. Interesting truths about voting, we seem to have a good voting base, but pay attention to monthly and other resets on voter sites. For example, several servers have more than 400 votes when it resets. Wow, the might dollar and all. It seems to me that we need to form or find a new voter website that will accurately allow voting to tally. If you can pay to start with such a lead it just seems like the positions are not voted for but bought.

http://topg.org/Minecraft the top 6 started with 600 or more votes.

http://www.minecraftserverlist.eu/ we start at 0 and 38 above us start at 750 up to 2000 votes with a couple more getting 200. We actually appear to be close to 6th among the servers with no starting votes.

http://minecraft-mp.com/servers/list/5/ dares not even show vote counts as we start 105th on that one (or as of right now)

http://minecraft-server-list.com/page/3/ so very interesting start on this one. It appears some may have a starting bonus but harder to tell. The real issue I see is something is flaky on the first page though because the ranked top servers are not in order by "September Votes" until further down the list. We would be higher ranked than several in that list but somehow they stay higher anyway.

https://minecraft-server.net/rank/16/in/ does not show the vote counts, but seems to be one I would more agree with in votes. Many higher volume servers should have more votes so this one would possibly be in line. ...but since they show nothing its impossible to know.

http://minecraftservers.org/index/6 is one I'm not buying at all. This place is almost for sure bought and paid positioning. There are way to many servers with so much lower capacity its almost impossible that the ranks are accurate based on vote. By myself I have 7 votes on this one (no ip restrictions) today.

http://minecraftservers100.com/index/3 again is a huge buy in process. We start at 0 and almost each month end up in the top 1-3.

https://minecraftservers.biz/ If I were a betting man, this one is going to be a true bellweather for us. The only thing about this site is it does not have all the servers to compete with like topg or others. Inside the group that is there though, we perform well and usually stay in the top 10.

Anyway, I noticed this last month but was a bit late to try to really figure out just how much was impacted by paid starting numbers and rank purchasing. It is a bit depressing as new players looking for places are driven to possibly less active servers just due to money spent. If that was an "advertising" purchase and click I have no issues but to skew something like voter driven numbers is a real flaw in my opinion.
    607 and TomvanWijnen like this.
  6. Yes you can buy packages on the sites for your server that will give you a set amount of bonus votes.
    mjnoe70 likes this.
  7. Minecraft-server.net does have quite some extra votes for paying people, I thought. But as I think I might've shared before, you can get it for free (for a month or so) by referring a certain amount of people to their Discord server.
    mjnoe70 likes this.
  8. So the survival of the server and how many new players we get both are helped by having more free visibility. Voting is our gateway to assist with this. I have noted some things that would be a great focus for us:

Used light blue on those I think we can have the most impact!

Keep moving up (25th now) stay in top 50 on TopG.org
    Be top 25 (28th now) to show on the first list on ServerPact.com
    Try to get in to 3rd page (94th today) on Minecraft-Mp.com
    Get to better than 80th (now 90th) on Minecraft-Server-List.com
    Shoot for under 25 (currently 30th) on Minecraft-Server.net
    Just vote, this one is way to skewed by paid positions... we are 134th on MinecraftServers.org
    Lets get back to 1st from current 3rd rank on MinecraftServers100
    Stay in the top 10 (now 10th) on MinecraftServers.biz
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  9. Quick update on voting as I know that many vote but likely do not check server ranks...

So looking at past hopeful moves and performance, we are really rocking it right now! Lets keep up the momentum. We have moved up on every board but 1 (and that one is money driven) so its all good! For me personally in the roughly 220 days I've been here this is the best voting position I've ever see us at.

24th! Keep moving up (25th now) stay in top 50 on TopG.org
    17th! Be top 25 (28th now) to show on the first list on ServerPact.com
    92nd! Try to get in to 3rd page (94th today) on Minecraft-Mp.com
    87th! Get to better than 80th (now 90th) on Minecraft-Server-List.com
    25th! Shoot for under 25 (currently 30th) on Minecraft-Server.net
    121st! Just vote, this one is way to skewed by paid positions... we are 134th on MinecraftServers.org
    3rd (with some funny paid mojo against us) Lets get back to 1st from current 3rd rank on MinecraftServers100
    5th (and headed for 4th) Stay in the top 10 (now 10th) on MinecraftServers.biz

I get nothing for mentioning or pushing voting. I do not want anything except to bring more awareness of voting in the EMC community. This is just a reminder for those who do vote to keep it up and to help bring our new players in as active voters. This ensure constant stream of players and supporters for the EMC community and that is the best way to ensure the future of EMC.
  10. 5th (and headed for 4th) Stay in the top 10 (now 10th) on MinecraftServers.biz

Now 4th! Great job all! Closing in on 2nd for minecraftservers.org again.
  11. Bumping --> Lets keep our voting push up everyone. Find those new people and explain the benefits to them which will benefit the server and all of us as well.

1) The only way to get rupees in to circulation is through new players and voting.
    2) Voting even minimum of 1 vote a day will net over 200,000r per 100 days.
    3) Voting tools are fair items that do not need repaired and can't be lost on death.
    3) Higher voting position means more new players.
    4) New players can equal new supporters, which means keeping EMC up and running longer.

Nice improvements:
    now 23rd on TopG and gaining on 22nd.
    now 2nd on minecraftservers100
    607 likes this.
  12. The new month has begun so the huge climbs back up the voting ladders start yet again! Go forth and help promote EMC so we all have new players to share with and keep the server more active and possible more supporters!
    607 likes this.
  13. Vote as much as possible on topG, it’s timer is 12 hrs instead of the usual 24.
    mjnoe70 likes this.
  14. mjnoe70 likes this.
  15. Saw this thread a while ago but never commented, it's about time I did.
    This is a great way to encourage voting to new members and people who never vote, we're working as a community to climb the vote site ranks (While in turn being rewarded for doing so).
    607 and mjnoe70 like this.
  16. I always like to stress to all players, even the older players, if you want new Rupees in EMC, you have to vote or have others that are voting. Other than the daily sign in bonuses, this is the only new/fresh rupees that make it in to the game.

Newer players not only get the benefit of some income, but they are building tokens and will start getting voting items shortly after starting. Also, while it seems like a long time, day 50 and then day 100 will make you quite the happy camper.

I'm not quite done, but I can tell you what, the voters items are really really nice yet are not completely OP. I am looking forward to my voters diamond sword and voters fishing pole to finish out the current available bonus items.
    607 likes this.

17. We're 2nd on MinecraftServers100, and are only trailing by about 100 votes. If everyone who was online right now voted here twice, we would be first.
    TomvanWijnen, mjnoe70 and 607 like this.
  18. Please edit/blur out other servers when posting on here. If you don't they will likely have to take the pic down... I did the same thing the first time I did a pic of that.
  19. I never vote I just pay someone to do it for me
  20. Fix'd
    mjnoe70 likes this.