Suggestion - additional items for > 300 votes

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by mjnoe70, Jul 14, 2017.

1. I do know this has been suggested before, I am pushing for it just based on some other threads... I also think we could look at trade deals and/or a new currency for the high streak voters.

I have been a strong supporter for voting but as was just posted, I think the issue is the longer term base has all the items and more rupees add little incentive to keep voting beyond. Unless the person is voting for keeping a long streak or like some do voting to support the server but I think many have stopped voting or rarely voting.

My thought is to bring back the empire store (or something like it) with some new promos or items that can be bought for either a new currency or with tokens (or rupees). These items should likely be non-overpowered items and maybe things like alternate colored voters clothing (with trade in of the current item and some currency), custom EMC flags or any other number of items that don't impact play but would be unique. They could be fairly costly but if obtainable, people would try to obtain these new hard to get items.

First would be a a new form of currency with 1 for each Vote over 300, maybe with a bonus 1 on TopG. This would make it so those individuals with the new currency could obtain unique things. ___or___ When current with a vote streak > 300 it gives you access to the store kind of like no move flags without that streak and sell items for an existing currency.

Of course a side benefit of rupees for this would remove some from the current pool so it would add even more incentive to vote.
    FadedMartian likes this.
  2. spoiler, things are coming very soon
  3. The day I have been waiting for :D
  4. To second that, we've discussed quite a bit and will likely finish up those 'plans' next week, since it came up while Aikar was visiting me in Texas. =)
  5. i,ve been voting on my alt so thats 120% great to hear!