Future Consoles Discussion

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Jakebag, Feb 22, 2013.

1. I have been thinking of getting an Xbox, is that a good idea?
    I want to try those First Person Shooter games.
  2. Clearly I need a better internet connection.
    jkjkjk182 and mba2012 like this.
  3. There are fps's on the pc. I don't own an xbox 360 so I can't say about that; and Micro$oft hasn't announced the next xbox so I also don't know about it. If you don't know how to build a pc or it is not in your budget, then consider a next gen console. But if it is in your budget then I would suggest a pc.
  4. I know that feel, bro.
  5. What do you mean with "because 4 is death"?
  6. The whole weird controller.
  7. Apple need to make a gaming console.. like iBox or iStation or iPlay... They have no place in the gaming market because macs aren't meant for gaming, and the only major brand (Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, etc) that does not have a console gaming system.
  8. xbox 720 is determined to most likely be a remake of the kinect with extra features :)
  9. LINUX!!!!
  10. I can imagine Apple releasing a console. It would cost twice as much as the other consoles with no advantage, but fanboys would still swear it is the greatest thing ever.
    Alek09, jkjkjk182, Jake_bagby and 3 others like this.
  11. I think I heard a rumor about Apple making a console…
    Anyways, anybody got some reliable news on the Steambox?
  12. ... apple already has there own style of a gaming system where they don't have to do any thing except make more and bring in the money IPHONE ITOUCH and IPAD
  13. No. Knowing Valve it might never get released and if it gets released it will be in about 10 years.
    penfoldex likes this.
  14. It's called iTV. It just allows you to hook your iPhone/iPad up with your TV and use apps on a big screen. No advantage whatsoever.
    mba2012 likes this.
  15. I hate Windows. I hate Macs even more. I love Ubuntu.

^I own all of them, too.
    mba2012 and iball6119 like this.
  16. I have one computer on the right side with linux for coding and left windows 8 for gaming and making videos, editing, and animating :)
    I'm also getting a rasberry pi to get minecraft pi edition :)
    mba2012 likes this.
  17. No, it will probably run a fork of iOS and have some fancy controller. And allow you to connect your iPhone/iPad and your Macbook/iMac up to it.
  18. I am only using windows because that is what most games are coming out on. When the majority of games start coming out on linux, I will switch over to it.
  19. The iPod, iPhone and iPad all function as games consoles if you get game apps. I don't think Apple will make a console, it'll mean a lot of the small-time devs in the App Store will have to compete with huge studios pumping out huge titles for the Apple consoles. And that means less developer license sales for Apple.
  20. Ubuntu? BELGH. CrunchBang is where it's at. http://crunchbang.org/