Full Server

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by JustinGuy, Oct 23, 2011.

1. :) <3
  2. i know the hassle to get direct CC payments to be legal...and idk i will have to look into it! if so i will be gold! :)
  3. justin i was thinkn bout this but our residences, if were not ever able to get on cause the spots are all full, will our residences still get reset?
    ZerreissenDirge likes this.
  4. ^ this plus i will be starting college in january and getting a job before then...so i may not have much time to play MC or any game for that matter :/ so ya maxy has a valid point
  5. So is freakin "G".....

I mean it's been more than 24 hours and I STILL can't log into the server.
    I mind as well go find a different server >.> I love Empire Craft and all my friends play it but at the rate this is going I wont even be able to login at all I refuse to pay just to claim a spot in the server aka paying to log in.....
  6. -.- it says 44 out of 100 yet i can connect :( i havne played in fo eva D;
  7. Erg... I really don't like having to pay for my fun. It takes the fun part out of it :eek:
  8. ikr its not as fun if you have to pay for something that should be free. theres not 65 supporters that r gonna b on at 1 time so why have 65 open spots that arent free? that ll just make this server loose popularity :/
  9. There aren't 65 free spots? Our limit is only 45. Every server has to have limits of some sort. This is the highest we can currently go with the server we have without causing lag. As we're able to upgrade, we will. :)
  10. it says on the server thing 45/100 for me :/
  11. Ah, Justin mentioned this somewhere else...it's a MC glitch that won't allow that to change, if I remember correctly.
  12. The 100 is miss-leading, the current limit is 45 (and a little over depending on supporters). In order to get it to say 45/45 I would have to kick a free player every time a supporter connected (if it was full), any servers do this and I think it is a bad experience.

As far as something that should be free, what do you mean? I run this server as a hobby, because I enjoy the game and I enjoy providing a great place for friends to hang out. I have put just shy of $2,200 of my own money into this project, as a donation, I don't expect to get it back. And that doesn't even include the hundreds of hours programming that I could have been working on paid projects (what I do for a living). We just grew to a point where I can't afford it any more. The supporter subscriptions allow us to come together as a community to continue to provide and improve the best server on Minecraft, the way it should be done as a community. As we get more supporters we will be able to upgrade hardware and provide more "free" slots. If we didn't have the supporter system at all there would still be a limit to how many players can connect, and it would be more like 25. I am sorry but this is the un-avoidable truth.
    Beardswell likes this.
  13. well i cant be a supporter.....ever.. (not gonna explain due to privacy) and i mean it should be free to connect and not have to wait five hours each noght to play while people on there have been afk for 2 days. or have to pay to connect to a server that is pretty awesome.
    MR2R2M likes this.
  14. why would you spend that much money on this and what was the money for? idk of anything in mc that costs 2200$
  15. you could buy a pre paid CC and use it to make a paypal account

if you really wanted to it's an option for you
  16. you have to buy the server space to host the server wich is a monthly fee
    + website costs
    + the personal time they put into the server for us to enjoy

it all adds up faster then you think
  17. per month website and server costs CANT add up to 2200 per month thatd be ridiculous
  18. Nobody said it was up to $2200 per month, although I will tell you the time and knowledge that Justin put into this server for everyone WELL exceeds what $2200.00 could afford.
    ZerreissenDirge likes this.
  19. well justin just know we appreciate what you give us. i didnt realize how hard it was