Four Years on EMC - AMA

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by MrSocks75, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Congrats on 4 years!
    What's your favorite country?
  2. I know you were a Mod before you were a Dev. I know a little bit about why you wanted to be a mod so what I'd love to know is why and how did you become a Dev for emc? I know it's not a magic wand to be waved and all the sudden you know how to speak in code (dev speak is how I think of it).

FadedMartian, 607 and MoreMoople like this.
  3. Congrats on 4years... In all your travels, What place has the best pizza?
    607 likes this.
  4. Congrats on 4 years! :)

When you first became a mod, what was one of your 'oops' moments as you were learning the ropes?
    607 and MoreMoople like this.
  5. Congrats Socks... Wowzers that means im really old on EMC...

What is the function of the Rubber Duck?
  6. More questions, more answers. :)

I can't say anything specific but can say that DT is progressing and has not been forgotten.

No and most likely not. I just don't have the patience to do something like that. Maybe some fellow rainbow sock wearer will make a tribute one day. ;)

Sharks. Mostly black is still mostly boring but sharks are cool :)

I have no clue what my first promo was and really have no feeling one way or the other about any promo. Maybe I will have to give some of them away.

Ireland

Surprise, it was a magic wand! No, just kidding. I became a dev as there was a need and I fooled Aikar enough to make him think I was a good developer. In reality I had to study Java quite a bit before being official as I never worked with it before EMC. It was strange to go from my green nametag to the blue but I think Aikar made a good call.

Chicago

I forgot to privately inform a few users my 'behave or else' message. Made for some funny town chat moments. I was always respectful but had to learn to always private message users.

It is a faithful bath-time companion that will never judge you and always listen to your deepest thoughts.

Good questions all. Keep them coming.
  7. Oh man, I'm so tired that when I started reading the second paragraph I had forgotten that this was for ending your fourth year. When you said "In my 4 years" I checked your join date and thought "Ah, 2014. Yeah, that's about 4 years ago. September, though... Oh, actually, it is September already." and it was only when I read Otus' post that I remembered that this was for your EMC anniversary. >.<
    Do you not know how useful it is in bug-fixing your own code? :eek:

What do you do when you need to relax?
  8. What was your 'behave or else' message? ;)
  9. What music can you recommend?

Happy 4th Sock Boi
    FadedMartian likes this.
  10. Play games.

Basically if you were doing something that warranted staff intervention I would ask you to stop doing it so that I wouldn't have to mute/kick/ban you. I didn't like having to get to the or else part.

I can recommend a lot. Have you tried listening to Jazz?
    MoreMoople likes this.
  11. Was it you that respawned the ender dragon in the smp3 frontier end?
    I killed it btw :cool:
  12. what is your favorite type of food
  13. That makes me wonder: does it matter what kind of games? Video games, perhaps? (and then I'd still wonder, but you don't need to fully elaborate if you don't feel like it :p)
  14. No, but I fell prey to it several times as I was in the End with no armor or weapons.

Bacon. It goes with everything (with eggs for breakfast or on a burger for lunch or dinner.)

Hmmm. I guess I will let you wonder. ;)
    IronicSwordPlay and MoreMoople like this.
  15. Congrats as many more to come
    Hope you are back on the team soon

Would love to see another head given out for some collector

And AMA. So I assume you like to go to Sock Hops.... what’s your favourite music?

Edit: and now I see opus asked that for the most part so....

Red Sox or White Sox?

Let’s all not forget to celebrate this Dec 4th....
    That is the date you Must Return to the dev team!
  16. Congrats! I remember the green socks days...seems so long ago now

Anyways! What did you major in at University if you attended? And if not, what would you have majored in?
    MoreMoople likes this.
  17. Congratulations on 4 years! I remember when you became a Mod and we were all surprised to see such a new face to our server suddenly pea-soup-green. And pleasantly surprised, at that--you turned out great!

As for a question: clearly you're a fan of the rainbow socks, but when it comes to the ideal sock, what material is it made out of? Are you all for the classic cotton or are you more of a wool sock man come wintertime?
    607 and MoreMoople like this.
  18. If I have to pick one or the other then RedSox. I am originally from Boston and use to go/work at Fenway Park

Never went to Uni tough I have plans to go so to get my nursing degree.

Material is all based on what the sock will be used for. Good ole' cotton is great for general wearing whilest synthetics or wools are great for hiking/camping.
    MoreMoople, 607 and rykly18 like this.
  19. Alright i got one for you xD what happens if we dont hit 50?...
    FadedMartian likes this.
  20. What was it that first attracted you to EMC? Do you still remember your first day and if so, what did you do?
    FadedMartian likes this.