Four Years on EMC - AMA

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by MrSocks75, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Happy 4 years! Thanks for all the work you do for EMC. When will EMC be ready for 1.13? Is dragon tomb just a myth? If not, when will it be ready?
    FadedMartian likes this.
  2. Happy 4 years, haven't bumped into you much though, maybe that'll change.

Are you a fan of ugly Christmas sweaters, or just the bootiful socks? Also do you have a particular sock brand you like?
    FadedMartian likes this.
  3. Four years, long time! What is your favorite texture resource pack?
    607 and FadedMartian like this.
  4. No head giveaway.

I stumbled upon EMC while looking for a server community. On my first day I tried to figure out why my res had nothing but dirt on it. The tutorial back then was quite silly and useless. I also found said server community that I was looking for in several players that helped answer those EMC specific questions I needed help with. That is why I am still around, our community. At some point I will have to tell the whole story but that would be a novel and I don't have time at the moment.

Don't use them. I like the look of vanilla MC.

Not into sweaters. I have no real preference on sock brand. They just need to be colorful and comfortable.

1.13 will be 'soon'. Dragon Tombs is not a myth but I am sworn to secrecy on that topic.
    MoreMoople likes this.
  5. What is Dragon Tombs if your allowed to say anything about it :p
  6. I like your res on smp5. What was your inspiration for the log cabin and outside woods area?
  7. Question regarding the thread itself: Do multiple posts by the same member count towards the 50, or is it more of 50 people have to post here?

The real question: When did you first learn about your sock addiction?
  8. I can say a lot but i will let the wiki answer that question. https://empireminecraft.com/wiki/dragon-tomb-updates/
    I think Aphaea suggested it to me and I liked the idea. That res is soooo not done (like so many other things in my life.) One day i will complete it and retire there.

As for multiple posts, I said earlier in the thread, you are on the honor system. Don't make me call a reply out as illegitimate.

As for the socks. I have always worn colorful socks so I guess I have always liked them. I certainly don't consider it an addiction! It is more a calling now to get everyone else to also wear colorful socks. So far it is working. :)
    roblikescake, MoreMoople and 607 like this.
  9. What was your reason why you left previously? I remember you left for a bit
  10. If you had to choose one pair of socks for the rest of your life.. Which pair would it be?
  11. Congrats on your four year milestone!

Any idea when the Empires update will be ready?
    Foxy_Kitty likes this.
  12. What's your favorite programming language?
    607 likes this.
  13. Congrats on 4 years ! :aikar:
    what is your favorite fabric for your socks ?
    Foxy_Kitty likes this.
  14. Real life stuff. Had to focus on work and putting food on my table. Things are much more settled now and so I have come back. I love this place, after all!

My neon pink ones :)

Thanks and 'soon' ;)

Java but python is becoming a close second.

Cotton.

Thanks everyone for the great questions. It has been a blast!

Someone will be getting my head and that will be announced 'soon'. :)
    607, MoreMoople and jacob5089 like this.
  15. 607, Lukas3226, MoreMoople and 3 others like this.
  16. Congrats AncientTower :p
    AncientTower likes this.
  17. wow, i'm shocked I never win giveaways. Thanks so much for the giveaway and congrats again on 4 years with EMC.
    Stnywitness, SkeleTin007, 607 and 3 others like this.
  18. Congrats, I never win either :p
    Stnywitness and AncientTower like this.
  19. Sorry I just want to ask you something what your favorite thing about being emc dev/staff
    FadedMartian likes this.