Four Years on EMC - AMA

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by MrSocks75, Sep 16, 2018.

1. So as of right now I have been on EMC for 4 years. What a blast it has been. Although I have been mostly gone in-game for the last several months I am still around and have been lurking on the forums. In a short bit of time I will also *hopefully* be rejoining the EMC Dev Team in full.

In my 4 years I have been a member of the Staff as a Moderator and then a Developer much of that time. I have had the unique opportunity to see EMC grow and change from the inside and as of late from the outside. This community is so awesome and many of you are the reason I am still sticking around.

So here is the deal. If this AMA thread legit gets 50 or more replies I will randomly select one of the posts to win my head. For those that do not know there is currently only 1 genuine MrSocks75 head out there (rumor is it sold for quite a bit not to long ago.) I will not be giving away (after this) or selling my head so this is your only chance to obtain one for a long long time, if ever again.

Some basic rules:
    • Legit posts only count. That means a post that is directly part of the threads conversation. Off-topic and spammy posts do not count. Replying and pointing out off-topic and spammy posts do not count either.
    • This AMA end on 30 September at midnight EMC time. That's 2 Sundays from now.
    • If the post count hits 50 legit posts by then I will select and announce the winner of my head on the 1st of October.
    • I will not be bumping this thread as those are not legit posts either.
    Let the AMA begin!
  2. With a your favourite block on Minecraft? Why?
  3. Happy 4 years!
    Whats your favorite song?
  4. How many pairs of rainbow socks do you own?
  5. Congratulasions MrSocks!
    What's your favorite Staff held event? :)
  6. Netflix or Hulu?
  7. do you have more socks than all other clothing catagorys combined?

(fyi not sure if you forgot this but 1 post per person?)
    MoreMoople likes this.
  8. Congrats on four years, MrSocks! :D

What was your favorite thing about being a member of the dev team?

Also, what is your favorite sock height? ;)
    607 and Sefl51 like this.
  9. Favorite sport if any :rolleyes: (if none favorite non Minecraft game?)
    MoreMoople likes this.
  10. Congratulations!
    What's your favourite colour?
    What's your favourite colour on your socks?
    (Hehe im canadian I speel things right :3)
    Edit: How did you manage to not give away your head? I have a thing to giving mine away and I am trying to make it more valuable by not giving it away, but someone just asked for it because they thought it was adorable xD
    607 likes this.
  11. Happy 4 years!! To me it seems like time flies by when I’m on emc!
    What is your least favorite color? If any and why!
  12. Happy bir- well... Technically it is your EMC birthday, right? But anyway, Congratulations on 4 years, and thank you for your dedication and helpfulness you helped fuel this server with.

What is your favourite music genre? Apart from that genre, which is your favourite song and what band/musician is your favourite?
    607 likes this.
  13. Its been an amazing journey my friend so congrats on 4 years on EMC dude with the luckiest socks ever :)

What will your favorite memory be from the earlier years of EMC be?
  14. Grats on 4 years!! What is your favorite breakfast food!?
    SkeleTin007 and MoreMoople like this.
  15. Amazing! Four years is fantastic!
    What is your favorite promo and what is your favorite custom mob?
  16. Congratulations on four years.
    If you rejoin the EMC Dev Team, could you work on the Dragon Tomb and make it a reality?
  17. WOW! So many good questions. Let me try and answer them...

I would have to say the ore blocks. Though redstone ore wins out as red is one of my favorite colors.

That is an impossible question to answer. It changes over time as new music comes out and my tastes change. Lets go with Bohemian Rhapsody for right now :)

Somewhere between 8 or 10. I haven't really counted.

MobArena; I really miss the days when I use to host it.

Neither.

I have a lot of socks (keep getting them as gifts and whatnot) so I may have more socks than anything else combined.

As for the 1 post per person. I didn't forget it. Be real, be honest and if you have a second question then ask. Just don't start asking a ton to try and pad the post count. In other words you're all on the honor system.

Being a member of the Dev Team was (and hopefully will again be) awesome in that I got to help make the servers better and I got to see the communities reactions to those changes.
    And the higher up the socks go the better ;) Can't show off socks if they are hidden in the shoe/sneaker/trainer.

Not big into sports and favorite video game is another hard one. I will go with Half-Life and Half-Life 2 and Portal.

Favorite colour is pink followed by red but pink wins every time if I have to chose between the 2.
    Socks would be pink as well. I am seen on here wearing rainbow socks a lot but I wear pink socks far more often.
    As for my head? That was a quick decision I made when I first became staff. I was inundated with head requests and just decided to not give or sell my head away as it was a hassle to even think about. The 'value' of the head wasn't part of the thinking process though it has resulted in a valuable head these days.

I like color so basically black, grey, and white are just so boring and bland.

Going off my prior answer; classic rock, Bohemian Rhapsody, Queen. Though this may change in a week ;)

Running my first MobArena. The fun, excitement, and fear (not wanting to mess things up). It was a good time!

Bacon, then Bacon with eggs, and then more bacon.

I don't much care for promos (I think I have a bunch but no clue why) but mobs is the Enraged Creeper. I like Creepers, period, so the enraged version is just that more likeable.

Will answer more when I get a chance. I am off to work now so happy mining and crafting to y'all!
  18. Congratulations MrSocks, 4 Years Wow.

Have you ever made a massive rainbow sock in minecraft before and would you if you have not?
  19. Congrats on 4 years bud!
    Nobody has done it yet, so I'll be the first.

Which sock is better?
    607, SkeleTin007, padde73 and 2 others like this.
  20. Congrats on 4 years

What was your first promo?
    And what is your favorite promo?