[Forum Game] New Nations

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by SoulPunisher, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Did you not even speak to him? He has clearly been doing this more than you and founded this entire series. I feel as if you should have at least consulted in the New Ideas Discussion in the conversations tab instead of making the entire game based on your decision. NN is about more than one player, and I thought maybe we could have all brought some insight on the decision of the new NN instead of someone blasting right through and making it before anyone could even present some of their own ideas.

It's Alt's choice though, let him decide on what should be done
  2. I've read through all three NN threads (that I could find) before this one.
    I've seen his work.
    While he was underqualified in NN2, it worked out relatively well. I think I can do at least as good as a job he's done then.
    He was dealing with incompetent players, and sti managed to keep the game together. I saw his threads, his work.
    This is a minor pothole, at worst.
  3. I honestly don't mind Warlord continuing it.

All I'm a bit miffed about is that there was no consultation with the current active members. That's likely partially my fault. The general idea I had hatching was to start the game in 1850, work out with you lot if there should be any new rules or what you'd have liked in the game, and I'd have passed the main thread down to one of youse. I didn't communicate that though so that's on me. But that's it. What Warlord is doing is fine.

I didn't plan to be active in it and my track record for activity in this one is a bloody state and I didn't want to be moderating another one. I've got job hunting, signing up to university, hours of babysitting a day, I've been writing a novel for a year and I put a lot of my spare time into that as well as a few musical side projects, and a relationship to take care of. That's too much commitment to do this on the side with. So yeah I was going to pass it down anyway.

Warlord is free to do what he wants with the new one. I don't know if I'll join, but I'll watch. I have faith in his ability to moderate it, in fact he was practically doing that for this one lol.
    Warlord678 and Otus_NigRum like this.
  4. Understood, I apologize on jumping to conclusions with Warlord
  5. Welcome to Black Friday:
    The War-Induced Economic High couldn't last.
    The HMKX Economy has crashed. Due to its sheer Titanic Size, it has taken down just about every other nation on Earth with it. UNAFR? UFOS? FRNS? UWE? All down under. While the Government tried to control the irresponsible businesses and succeeded to some extent, no one wanted to stifle the post-war high.
    Now HMKX has paid the price. The sheer manufacturing capacity of the Empire has worked against it, its size the enemy. HMKX never properly adjusted to a service-based economy, and it being the factory of the World has been extremely counterproductive. So much of its hard work has crumbled into dust. All its allies are in constant fighting.
    Southeast Asia is in turmoil. HMKX allies fight itself.
    Africa's greatest squabble in the absence of a strong leader.
    But there is hope.
    The Fundamentals are still strong.
    But some of the old Communists of the USSR, still alive despite everything has led hope. They advocated for a strong governmental intervention to overcome this crisis.
    On the other end, Extreme-Right wingers claim that strong Government control led to the crisis and advocates for deregulation and loosening of labor laws.
    Both sides are extreme, both sides are wrong. Moderate voices do not have a home in this climate.
    Extreme voices are appealing, and Democracy begins to show its flaws.