[FORUM GAME] Counting with Pictures

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by 607, Mar 21, 2016.

?

How far do you think we'll get before we strand?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2016.
1-50 3 vote(s) 17.6%
50-100 1 vote(s) 5.9%
100-150 4 vote(s) 23.5%
150-250 1 vote(s) 5.9%
250-500 5 vote(s) 29.4%
500-750 1 vote(s) 5.9%
750-1000 0 vote(s) 0.0%
1000+ 2 vote(s) 11.8%
  1. :) sadly it doesn't work :rolleyes: I've found it again, and uploaded it to imgur for you! :D

Code:
    https://i.imgur.com/3gx30um.png
    Will_McNab and 607 like this.
  2. Thank you Tomvan.

I hope no one minds this little break from the game but I have a question.

What is the correct way to get a link to a picture? I use my phone to post responses to this thread and I was using "Copy link" to get the link but after that failed I switched to "Copy image location" and now that is failing. Am I supposed to download the image then upload it to Imgur?
    Will_McNab, 607 and TomvanWijnen like this.
  3. I don't mind it at all! :)

I always do "open on new tab" and then just copy the url of the picture. I would guess that your methods results in the same. There can be two problems, however:

1) The site doesn't (properly) allow embedded images! That is often the case if the picture broke after posting. You'll sometimes notice that the picture immediately doesn't work, and also sometimes notice it when you've posted it and refreshed/reloaded the page (in theory you could do this every time, but I don't see that as necessary. You can always copy the link of the image, then google search for it, and it should pop up so you can reupload it). Then, indeed, it can be uploaded to imgur instead, to still have it show up.

2) If you try to open the image before it's loaded (sometimes this takes longer than it should), or the image cannot be loaded at all, you'll get an "lh3.googleusercontent" or something similar to that link, or a weird cached thing that doesn't look like a link at all. In the former case it would work for a few hours and then stop working, in the latter case it wouldn't work at all. Reuploading to imgur is also the solution.

Does that answer your question? :)
    607 and farmerguyson like this.
  4. 18070 is the number of some model of men's underwear. :p

This one is so weird that I thought I should just post it. Screenshot time!
  5. How's that the symbol for video recording?!? :confused:

I found this interesting American-style Belgian comic... it's got number 1873 though, not 18073.

6. We're still missing 18068. 🙃 I posted an imgur link for it in the first post on this page, so anyone who's eligible can use it. :)

farmerguyson, Will_McNab and 607 like this.
  7. I can't remember the last time I posted here!

I find the hoagie diagram to be humorous. :p Those are tiny portions, at least for me...
    TomvanWijnen and 607 like this.

8. My first image disappeared so I'll try another one.
    TomvanWijnen and 607 like this.
  9. I find the choice of cursive font interesting.
    TomvanWijnen and Will_McNab like this.
  10. Haven't seen this before!

I did have to scroll a while until I saw it. :p
    TomvanWijnen likes this.