[Finished] Golden Temple by Hasorko

Discussion in 'Share Your EMC Creations' started by Hasorko, Jan 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. . . . whoever would forceclaim / reset this beauty needs to be temp-banned for a week. Seriously.
    Derelict policy or no, some things just shouldn't be messed with.
  2. That's very unlucky of you and I don't know why the person who claimed it wanted to destroy a great and beautiful building like that but well i'm sorry but it's got to be said, it's your fault for letting it go derelict. If we didn't have a derelict policy then there won't be any room for new players, I think 15 days is actually quite generous and can be extended if you go on holiday or whatever.
    IcecreamCow likes this.
  3. The res is open... It looks like whoever claimed it and ruined this just did it to ruin it, and left the res open.
  4. That sucks. Sadly there are people doing this as well as targeting spawn and Mob Arena reses.

Sorry to hear Hasorko :(
  5. Oh :( sorry
  6. I just want to make a post to clear up everything and no disrespect is meant by this. I'm very sorry you lost your residence. However, the derelict policy is very clear in our rules in multiple places.

To quote from the policy pages:

Derelict Residences - 10 Days

Any player who does not sign-in to any Empire server for a period of 10 days, will have their residence reset and reclaimed. This does not apply to active supporters, even if they have been away for more than a month.

If you are going to be gone for longer than 10 days let us know the reason and we will not reclaim your residence, click here to message Icecreamcow.

This policy is actually BETTER in your favor as we've recently updated it to be 15 days. After 15 days it's possible for the system or a player to reset the residence. Sometimes people go on longer vacations and at this time, as stated in the guide you can contact me (or any other Sr. Staff+) and let us know if you'll be gone a bit longer and we can throw on protection.

Your accounts were inactive for about 2 months without any EMC activity and only recently close to those 2 months did the residences become unclaimed.

I do understand you're upset, but blaming the staff for doing nothing wrong after being gone for so long isn't the right away to go about it, especially with a policy in the guide and leaned quite a bit longer than the general 15 days it usually is.

So, to sum up. You need to log in only 2 times in an entire month to completely save everything. We don't think that's a hard thing to do by any means except for special occasions, and we have protections if you know this is going to happen.
  7. Even though this has been extended, there are people doing this just to "clean up" servers or are doing it for the luls. There are even people targeting spawn and mob arena residences and Torian even had to kick someone one night for getting mad and being pretty vocal about someone they had been targeting logging in before their derelict was up. I'm not saying Hasorko's fit in this category, maybe the "clean up the server" part since someone said it was vacant but maybe something needs to be said/the fee raised/a time limit added?
  8. All absolutely true, and I must agree that the rules have been improved by the derelict policy and the ability to /forceclaim - generally speaking.
    All the same someone who would reset a place like this, particularly out of spite, deserves nothing but my contempt. They may have been within the rules, but that doesn't mean it's right.
    (Not that I have much room to talk, since I would gladly see 16088 reset in a heartbeat if it were within my power to do so)
  9. @Panda: People can't really just willy nilly go around and do this. If you don't have a free residence to claim, you can't unclaim someone else's res. So, while it is possible to do, they can't do anything that they couldn't do in the past by contacting a Sr. Staff, and even makes it worse to do now due to that fee.
    southpark347 and PandasEatRamen like this.
  10. In my experience, someone who does have a free residence and a deep pocket can go around /force claim-ing and then unclaiming multiple residences with not too much difficulty.
    PandasEatRamen and Kephras like this.
  11. This is true. And the need to contact Sr. Staff was a buffer against this kind of behavior.
    (Don't misunderstand me, on the whole I'm in favor of the changes, but there have been some negative repercussions, this being one of them).
    cddm95ace and PandasEatRamen like this.
  12. Well the choice was made. EMC decided to go in favor for those who are there now, over those who were there than. The policy to be "fairer" than it was before doesnt make it "fair". I always criticized it (also the old one). But as long as staff had to delete a res, I was pretty sure some places just wont be touched.

I do not agree with a decision, where a player who payed roughly 12 month diamond support (spread over 3 accounts) and was active for roughly 8 month (sumed up, there were some breaks) should worry about loosing a res who is on the server for how ever it takes to make those 5k was it?! That is my opinion. The EMC Staffs choice was to go for the players who are online. I cant change their priority. And for obvious reason the player online do have the most important role.

About the login, I do not agree to make myself a playball of a game. I will not let myself be forced to login to a game I currently have not the motivation for. Since EMC does not support that kind of playstyle anymore (anymore because there wasnt any problem loosing stuff before the change), I will have to look for another server setup.

So I guess rather soon my other projects will be gone too. So to end this filled with conflict potential post some hopefully enjoyable creations:

11ui441.jpg Hasorko - Iskierka's Prison.jpg Headquarter.jpg PixelArt.JPG TowersDay.png walls2.png
  13. We wish you the best of luck in your search for a server. Although, I would suggest you start a private one if you're concerned about not using it much and not losing things. We checked around other servers, and we give a lot more chances/warning/opportunity to not lose a residence than other public servers out there, so if you're unhappy with ours, you'll be less happy there.

When someone goes away for such a long time, and as you said, lost interest in Minecraft, there's no way for us to know that they'll ever come back, in which case, a residence would be better utilized by an active player. Again, anyone who knows they'll be gone for a bit longer than the derelict time can simply contact us and let us know and doesn't have to worry about things like this. :)
    PenguinDJ and somebody121 like this.
  14. Even staff have to admit, that DOES suck to have an amazing structure and more than 15k's worth in gold just GONE cuz somebody wanted to. There should be a new rule, like you can make your res permanent and non-derelict by contacting a staff member and letting them see your creation. They should also ban whoever destroyed that beautiful thing...
    WORST GRIEF EVER

15. Unfortunately, that would border on the line of favoritism as we would have to decide that someone's residence is better than another. Someone with a little shack can be just as upset over losing that shack then someone with a mansion. However, this is designed for people who aren't going to be active on EMC and we, as I've said a few times now, give everyone the opportunity to protect something if they're going to be gone for a while on vacation. We've never made this policy a secret and everyone knows about it.

Think of it like if you park your car in someone's parking lot, and just leave the car there for a few months. It will get tickets and eventually get towed if it looks like you're not going to move it. It would be nice if the police officers just didn't ticket/tow your car because it looked nice...but again, wouldn't be fair.
    PenguinDJ, THE_LEGEND4 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  16. Sure, let's ban somebody who did nothing wrong, that'll go down well. :/
    Jcplugs and jkjkjk182 like this.
  17. The demolishing of that much gold and a cool place is definitely worth banning. =/ Ok, maybe not really, but STILL, WHY DO THAT?!
  18. This my friends is why we have a staff screening process. :p
  19. A car isn't a building. What I was trying to say was that creations like these should have a special place where they cannot be greifed, like a different server or something. I agree with the policy, but destroying something like that is worth paying back the original creator, no?
    MR2R2M likes this.
  20. The thing is though, it's completely in the creators hands to never have to get destroyed. We have multiple ways of preventing this. My example didn't relate around the building/car. The point was knowing and following rules, or choosing not to.

I know where I can and can't park without getting tickets/towed. I know how to prevent getting ticketed or towed. If I choose to not follow those rules, that I know exist...I can't be upset with the person who got me towed.
    PenguinDJ, jkjkjk182 and southpark347 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.