[Finished] Golden Temple by Hasorko

Discussion in 'Share Your EMC Creations' started by Hasorko, Jan 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well, then where can we build stuff just for looks if not in Town? A creative server or a purely survival server would be nice....
  2. Nobody is saying you can't build in town. You can do it in town or the wild, which is survival.
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  3. For instance, a members-only garage where we can park all the time and not get fined, or have anybody else take our cars? ;)
  4. You can build stuff for looks in Town. Simply login once every 15 days, or be an iron+ supporter and you'll be just fine. :)

If you need to go away for longer, and have a valid reason, simply contact senior staff.
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  5. But a server where you can build with no derelict or destruction anything.... oh, nevermind. Pointless to argue any further, I suppose....
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  6. I am yet to find a public server with plots that doesn't have a derelict policy. :)
    PenguinDJ and jkjkjk182 like this.
  7. Yeah but something like that would get full very quickly, therefore the would be no space if there was no derelict policy. You have town to build in which is perfectly safe and secure and all you have to do is login every 15 days or become a supporter, it's not too much to ask for, is it?
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  8. If there were to be a server with no derelict, there would eventually not be enough space for all the people that would want to join it, which brings us back to square one. The derelict system is a necessary feature that keeps things flowing smoothly. Without it, Empire would have had to stop allowing new members to join a long time ago. Even though it may not be perfect, this being an example, it has to be there. Like everybody else has said, I don't think only having to log in once every 15 days, or simply talk to a staff member about extended protection, is too much to ask to keep your builds completely safe.
  9. Which is why I came to my senses and shut up. :(
  10. Your past has no effect on how much of a priority you have over any other player.
    You could have always lost your residence since you didn't log in. You projects are very cool, but that really doesn't matter. All you had to do was set a reminder on your phone or computer to log in, and set it to go off every 10 days (since you left during the old system). But instead you were in the mindset that said "My residence is cool, rules do not apply to it." or "My residence is cool enough, the regular system doesn't apply to it." The only person/thing to blame is yourself. :/

Good luck on finding a new server, hopefully you will find one that fits your play style. But, if you don't find one, you are always welcome to come back and work along with the system, and be happy here again. :)
  11. the derelict isnt very strict as long as you dont have a desirable spot, the only way you'll lose it is if someone pays to take it, and if it isnt close to town spawn, the chances of it being force claimed is smaller, dont make a big deal out of nothing, if this isnt the slice of pie your hungry for, it's nothing wrong with the pie, it's you, dont expect the world to revolve around you, grief protection for wild is in the works, we just had an update, chill

and if you plan ahead, you can ask them to save it for you, up to 3 months being gone, just have to pm a sr. staff i believe, pretty dang easy to not lose your res
    PenguinDJ and IcecreamCow like this.
  12. When you have a res with half a million rupee worth in gold, it doesnt matter where your res stands, as the person only resets it to get the gold. Therefor your argument is invalid, sorry.
  13. Resetting destroys the materials, it does not cause them to drop. Therefor your counter-argument is also invalid.

Not that I don't sympathize... >_<
    PenguinDJ and jkjkjk182 like this.
  14. As stated above. There is no way for anyone to claim a residence and get the belongings on it. Claiming a residence gives them a black residence to start from as everyone does.
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  15. most of the time only desirable residences are going to be claimed, if 4005 went derelict im sure someone would claim it just because its a rememberable number, this also applies to reses around diamond/gold members and town spawn if someone wants it and you dont make every attempt to keep it then its your own fault you lost it. with wild claiming you will be able to claim larger swathes and build magnificent monuments, if you come back when that is implemented properly then im sure you wont be let down again, i think the derelict policy for wild is like 150 days or something (last i heard it was being discussed if there was even a policy at all) thats twice a year you will have to log in to keep those creations
  16. My eyes... they are turning into everlasting golden pools of rainbows and puppies just looking and all that gold.
    Hasorko likes this.
  17. Well seeing it was destroyed I didnt care to double check. I got the info from eclipsys that material drop when reseted. Still people seem to savage res, since the res where the temple was on is clear and not used for anything.
  18. Entities do drop as residence clearing doesn't work on non-blocks. So things like torches, item frames, etc. are likely to drop when reset.
  19. Since dragon eggs are entities if you reset a res with an egg on it would it drop?
  20. I'm not 100% sure. I THINK they act like a block. Aikar would have to answer that for sure.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.