Fendy Photography

Discussion in 'Shutter Talk' started by FDNY21, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Class 47 diesel looking in a sorry state residing in the sidings at Embsay and Bolton Abbey railway near Skipton
    Qkazoochan, 607 and Kephras like this.
  2. Familiar-looking sight. There's something very melancholy about these old hunks of metal rusting away on their rails. Something I see a lot of on my drive to work everyday - Scranton's "Steamtown" district isn't in much better shape.
    607 and FDNY21 like this.
  3. The heritage lines in Great Britain are home to many of these rusting diesels, rotting carriages and steam trains in bits, if you go onto any heritage line then the sidings always have a story to tell... While you enjoy the railway, I must agree that there is a melancholy about each line with these old workhorses dying away in the background. Some await repair, some sit for decades.
    607 likes this.
  4. I wouldn't say I "enjoy" the railway, since I drive over it three separate times on my way to work and back. But Pennsylvania does have some rich history in the trainyards, and the rails that service them. As far as I'm aware, the nearby Nicholson Bridge (nobody here calls it the Viaduct) is still the largest concrete bridge in the world.

Also, since I had a look back through your thread here and saw you asking for requests, if you ever manage to snag a photo of a Jaguar XJ220, I will love/hate you forever. That is my dream car.
    607 and FDNY21 like this.
  5. I've seen one actually, twice... The prototype XJ220 is at Gaydon Motor Museum, I went there this year and last year, but I don't seem to have a photo of it :( I don't think I'll be seeing that one for a while now, but if I see another XJ220 when out and about then I'll sure be on the lookout and I'll snag a picture if I can!

This isn't my picture, but this is the prototype XJ220 at Gaydon that I have seen:
    Qkazoochan and Kephras like this.
  6. Thought I'd go back to Goodwood for my next edit rather than my holiday, so here's the new Audi R8 Coupe! I really want one of these... Anyone got a wad of cash spare? :D
  7. An Audi Coupe quattro spotted at Donington Historic earlier this year
    Qkazoochan likes this.
  8. Any requests? Any particular event, a particular car, or something that you want me to photograph in the future possibly? I can't promise I have it/can get it but feel free to ask :)
  9. I'm going to some events in a couple of weeks or so, so expect there to be some new images coming to town soon! :D
    607 likes this.